Big Norm

Default 12 Years Ago Today

12 years.

Unread 21-05-2020, 07:53 AM
believe

Feels longer

Unread 21-05-2020, 08:08 AM
Seamus

I didnt make it across, I knew when I was in Barcelona for the semi that if we got through after the home leg I wouldnt be going as the missus was heavily pregnant and she was having a rough pregnancy.

It took me ages to bond with the child as all I could see when I saw his face was Van Der sar saving Anelka's penalty

Unread 21-05-2020, 08:15 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus

It took me ages to bond with the child as all I could see when I saw his face was Van Der sar saving Anelka's penalty
ffs

Unread 21-05-2020, 08:16 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
I didnt make it across, I knew when I was in Barcelona for the semi that if we got through after the home leg I wouldnt be going as the missus was heavily pregnant and she was having a rough pregnancy.

https://youtu.be/pHFyX4ch_kk

Likewise - didn’t make it. We got put off by all the visa stuff which back then felt really complicated and so we went to Loaf or one of those places in deansgate locks which was a ticket only affair. Despite not being there, it was brilliant - the place went radio rental during the pens. All onto Albert square afterwards.

Still regret missing it though.

Unread 21-05-2020, 08:19 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:

Unread 21-05-2020, 08:22 AM
believe

You’re lucky stoney. Every time I think of van der sars save I see hopskipjumps face.

Unread 21-05-2020, 08:23 AM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
You’re lucky stoney. Every time I think of van der sars save I see hopskipjumps face.
oh shit I forgot about that

Unread 21-05-2020, 08:45 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
ffs

i think this was the last season i stopped going to away games. gave up home games in 2005.

my son was 7 weeks old so i couldn't go and i remember scaring the shit out of him with the goons during the penalties. little £#%&!er doesn't like united now. i wonder if this is the reason?

Unread 21-05-2020, 08:59 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth

Likewise - didn’t make it. We got put off by all the visa stuff which back then felt really complicated and so we went to Loaf or one of those places in deansgate locks which was a ticket only affair. Despite not being there, it was brilliant - the place went radio rental during the pens. All onto Albert square afterwards.

Still regret missing it though.
Match ticket was your visa.

I thought it was a shite trip tbh. Miserable Shithole and the atmosphere was average (I thought) at the game outside of the big moments.

Still euphoric of course.

Unread 21-05-2020, 09:49 AM
no fun

viva john terry

always in my top 5 football @#%&!s

Unread 21-05-2020, 02:02 PM
dragflick

Quote:

https://youtu.be/pHFyX4ch_kk

Unread 21-05-2020, 04:29 PM
thatsfuctit

The road to Moscow - all the CL goals.

Unread 21-05-2020, 04:47 PM
Sparky***

Applied for two tickets and was shocked to the core when i got them. Went back into the post delivery office showing off to all the chelsea and liverpool fans that i was going to moscow. Booked flights for me and my uncle.. couldn't wait.

Then i got £#%&!ing run over by a 7.5 ton lorry.

Long story short - massive tissue damage, permanent nerve damage in my leg, on crutches for 8 weeks. Had to watch the match at home with winthorpe. Gutted doesn't come close.

Still cast off my £#%&!ing crutches like I was saved by an american evangelical preacher though when edwin saved that pen.

I'd give anything to feel that joy again.

Unread 21-05-2020, 04:48 PM
Bunker Buster

Kiev and Barca were some trips.....

What a £#%&!ing season....

Unread 21-05-2020, 05:21 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjURjr-PR0E
Hopefully I will live to see us that £#%&!ing good again.

Unread 21-05-2020, 05:34 PM
plopborsky

one of the best days of my life

Unread 21-05-2020, 05:52 PM
measlyshark

Had just moved down south but came home to watch it with r'kid. Ended up in a pub in Stockport for some reason. After the finish headed to town via a bit of a wake me up. Ended up scrapping with some Ukrainians in the bogs of a bar off Deansgate. Not sure why. Then ballooning with a jester hat wearing Dublin red, again.... Not sure why.

Fell asleep at about 4, got up at 7 to drive to London to give a seminar on RNAi as a therapeutic modality.

Was a great seminar. Nearly died a few times getting there.

Not my best moment.

Unread 21-05-2020, 06:44 PM
woody78

My mate had a spare ticket last minute but the flight prices were ridiculous and i was skint after spending a fortune that season.
Still to this day i regret not finding the money from somewhere. Barcelona was my last euro away

Unread 21-05-2020, 07:59 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjURjr-PR0E
That Ronaldo header In Roma. My Word.
Closed Thread