Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-09-2018, 10:59 PM
Whalefish

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
A beautiful man and up there with AVB as one of the true managerial giants
Bloody hell forgot about AVB. Is he still racing cars in his year off? Fair play, mad fecker.

Unread 30-09-2018, 11:16 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Bloody hell forgot about AVB. Is he still racing cars in his year off?
Yeah. Badly

Unread 01-10-2018, 07:07 AM
puressence

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showth...TTINO&page= 3

Unread 01-10-2018, 12:52 PM
NellyTheEricphant

A coach who can't assess that his squad needed to bolster his dwindling threadbare team, basically a gimp for Levy, not what United need.

Unread 01-10-2018, 01:01 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
But why would he bother ? He'll be challenging for silverware this year as he has the last 5
Haha. Nice one.

The choice has been made anyway. There’s only ever one candidate whenever woodward appoints a manager. This time it’s zidane, if he doesn’t tell woodward to £#%&! off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NellyTheEricphant
A coach who can't assess that his squad needed to bolster his dwindling threadbare team, basically a gimp for Levy, not what United need.
A gimp for woodward and the glazers is exactly what the club wants, though. Pochettino would unite the club at least, given fergie and the co92 would like it.

Unread 02-10-2018, 01:00 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
“I have a lot of friends in Barcelona, who are from the Blaugrana and to whom I have enormous respect, but my path and that of Barcelona are different, opposite directions, and coaching there would be impossible.”

In other words I want to join Real Madrid.
Pop on point.

#POP.

Unread 02-10-2018, 01:32 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Came to that conclusion all by myself too.

Do I win five pounds?
€5 you knacker

Unread 02-10-2018, 02:22 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
€5 you knacker

Unread 02-12-2018, 03:49 PM
Clownbones

Taken them as far as he can ? ....

Unread 02-12-2018, 03:51 PM
armchair

dinosaur?

Unread 02-12-2018, 03:59 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
dinosaur?
2nd best in a very good game against a very good side that were well up for it.

It happens.

Would love to be able to say that about United

Unread 02-12-2018, 04:01 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
2nd best in a very good game against a very good side that were well up for it.

It happens.

Would love to be able to say that about United
i wanted him from soton BUT i'm not a huge fan of the way spurs play tbh. soton played a far more attractive style of football.

Unread 02-12-2018, 04:05 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
i wanted him from soton BUT i'm not a huge fan of the way spurs play tbh. soton played a far more attractive style of football.
There’s a bit of a one dimension to them tbh. Can happen when you rely on one player to create, as great as Eriksen can be, and they needed investment in a few areas that they’re didn’t get, as mentioned, Dier is a bit shit, for instance, and can’t keep playing a level above for them..

Would still take Poch in a heartbeat tbf. He’d genuinely leave us in a better state, even if he never quite reached the apex.

Edit: stupid £#%&!ing phone.

Unread 02-12-2018, 04:09 PM
Vedder

Thumbs up

He would be excellent for us. The first thing he’d do is get rid of all the shit@#%&!s like he did when he got the Spurs Job. They were littered with utter shit and he’s built a good team there.

Unread 02-12-2018, 04:12 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
There’s a bit of a one dimension to them tbh. Can happen when you rely on one player to create, as great as Eriksen can be, and they needed investment in a few areas that they’re didn’t get, as mentioned, Dier is a bit shit, for instance, and can’t keep playing a level above for them..

Would still take Poch in a heartbeat tbf. He’s genuinely leave us unable. Better state, even if he never quite reached the apex.
The lack of investment is starting to catch up with them.

Their main weapons look a bit stale and the weaker elements of the squad are starting to show.

Having said that, they're still punching above their weight. Question marks over Pochettiinos ability to take a team to that next level, but I like what he does and what he's about and I'd rather watch him attempt to do it than Mourinho.

Unread 02-12-2018, 04:14 PM
andyroo

Quote:

Would still take Poch in a heartbeat tbf. He’s genuinely leave us unable. Better state, even if he never quite reached the apex.
That's one hell of a typo

I like Poch and think he'd do all right for us, but... "all right" might be a welcome relief now but how long would it be good enough?

Unread 02-12-2018, 04:16 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

No longer convinced by pillow face.

Unread 02-12-2018, 04:29 PM
Sparky***

Only club in all divisions not to spend a single penny in the summer.

Harsh to judge

Unread 02-12-2018, 04:34 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Harsh to judge
They must be bursting

Unread 02-12-2018, 04:59 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Harsh to judge
It also can't be underestimated how difficult it must be to never play a home game. Their away record this year -even after today- is the best in the league by a distance. If they were in a position to combine that with the record they had at WHL you'd be looking at a serious contender.
Closed Thread