United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-09-2018, 05:55 AM
puressence

gomez nearly cost liverpool two goals through errors

Unread 17-09-2018, 06:11 AM
Switching Off

Spent 2 seasons slagging off Pogba for his hair, and now claiming Smalling's hairstyle is responsible for a good game

Unread 22-10-2018, 07:48 AM
TheFatGoth

Talking

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45933037

Quote:
It was yet another outstanding performance from Gomez. I also notice that my colleagues on Match of the Day are beginning to notice this lad's performances. And not before time - I've been singing his praises every week since the start of the season.
Quote:
I remember seeing the Ruud Gullit lookalike in an U21 game at Selhurst Park and thinking that, while he might not be good enough for Chelsea, who were winning trophies at the time, there was a player in there somewhere.
Quote:
What a strike! The ball literally flew past the Wolves goalkeeper.
Quote:
Against Chelsea, Mata steered Manchester United into a situation that should have yielded them all three points but didn't.

However, it did give the Spain international, in his post-match interview, the opportunity to remind the viewers why United never give up. They do it for themselves, for the club and especially for the supporters. Shouldn't the manager be in there somewhere?
Quote:
Did Huddersfield deserve a penalty when James Milner appeared to handle the ball? Well, that's normally the case when you practically catch it.
Quote:
It's not often you hear of a manager apologising for the behaviour of his staff but Chelsea's Maurizio Sarri did after the scuffle on the sidelines. He apologised for the "impolite" behaviour of one of his coaches towards United boss Jose Mourinho.

Impolite! I don't speak Portuguese but those who do tell me that Mourinho was very impolite after United's victory against Newcastle last week. Impolite indeed. Read more of what I have to say about Mourinho and his antics in The Crooks of the Matter below.
Quote:
And who can forget that sunny afternoon at Stamford Bridge when the former Chelsea manager put his physiotherapist Eva Carniero through a most humiliating experience? No, Mourinho is not the victim here. He has simply reaped what he has sown.

Unread 22-10-2018, 07:54 AM
waynes ear's

Newcastle last week? Stupid @#%&!

no mention of Salah's performance? shit filled envelopes ahoy

#@&%!

Unread 22-10-2018, 08:40 AM
Cream

Quote:
Impolite! I don't speak Portuguese but those who do tell me that Mourinho was very impolite after United's victory against Newcastle last week. Impolite indeed. Read more of what I have to say about Mourinho and his antics in The Crooks of the Matter below.

Unread 05-11-2018, 08:22 AM
TheFatGoth

Anyone?

Unread 05-11-2018, 08:27 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth

Anyone?
Dean Lewtas?

Unread 05-11-2018, 08:30 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:

Anyone?

Unread 05-11-2018, 09:03 AM
TheFatGoth

Morata

Quote:
I said Unai Emery would get it together at Arsenal, I just didn't think it would be so soon. Damn!
Quote:
Whatever happens between now and the end of the season I guarantee you Milner will be featuring in my TOTW on a few more occasions.
Quote:
The France World Cup winner's performances may not be pulling up any trees for United at the moment but they are saving Jose Mourinho's skin.
Quote:
However, the thought of Raheem Sterling stalling on this contract extension offer with Manchester City is ill conceived. I honestly think Sterling can be the next Cristiano Ronaldo but to become the best in the world you need the best teacher or to be amongst the best players.
Quote:
I was so furious with Alvaro Morata I nearly didn't select him for my TOTW. How does a player who is finding goals so difficult to come by decide to showboat when presented with a glorious chance to get your hat-trick?
Quote:
Last week we were all coming to terms with the terrible news that Leicester City had lost their chairman and talisman in a helicopter crash.

In time-honoured fashion the football family came together to support those who have felt the most appalling loss.

The scenes around King Power Stadium this week, where wreaths and flowers along with heartfelt messages from around the world were left, have touched everyone involved in football as the club begins its healing process.

Cardiff's supporters applauding the Leicester City players off the coach prior to Saturday's Premier League fixture was a wonderful gesture, and one that represented the feelings of most football supporters across the globe.

Unread 05-11-2018, 04:28 PM
red in cumbria

Surely "the next Ronaldo" is becoming a kiss of death anyway. Just as in music "the new Bob Dylan" was for so many years.

Unread 05-11-2018, 05:41 PM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Dean Lewtas?
Grass.

Unread 06-11-2018, 06:37 PM
TheFatGoth

Unread 06-11-2018, 09:47 PM
sa7

Quote:
Bald Geordie wife thumping @#%&!

Unread 03-12-2018, 09:23 AM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
This really can't go on. Jose Mourinho is killing Marcus Rashford. The lad pulled Manchester United from the jaws of defeat at Southampton and then Jose gave the one man who was desperate to win the game for him the hook? It made no sense.

The kid was on a roll and anyone who has played the game could see that. Mourinho may have won trophies but he destroys players in the process. He is doing to Rashford what he did to Arjen Robben at Chelsea. Rashford must get out of United now before what little confidence he has left is destroyed.
Quote:
Raheem Sterling: I hope Raheem Sterling gives Pep Guardiola a mention in his prayers at night. Without the interventions of the Spaniard, Sterling's game would not have developed.

Against Bournemouth on Saturday, Sterling displayed signs of a world-class performer. He is unrecognisable from the precocious talent that left Liverpool, and it's all due to Guardiola. Manchester City have an excellent teacher as a coach while Manchester United have a manager who cannot teach.

Unread 09-12-2018, 10:40 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Lucas Torreira: I had the pleasure of being in the company of David Miliband recently, and sadly was forced to spend some of the evening having to talk about Arsenal. He wanted to know about Lucas Torreira. I told the former foreign secretary that Torreira was the difference between Arsenal and Spurs in the recent derby and has the drive and influence of an Emmanuel Petit. Torreira's performance against Huddersfield was once again in that class. I got the feeling that the CEO of the International Rescue Committee quite enjoyed pointing out to a former Spurs player that he was actually an Arsenal supporter.
Quote:
I suggested last week that if Jose Mourinho doesn't commit to building United around Marcus Rashford then the striker should stick two fingers up to his manager and walk out of Old Trafford at the earliest opportunity.

Unread 23-12-2018, 07:12 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
It would appear Ed Woodward, the executive vice-chairman of Manchester United and the man responsible for sacking Jose Mourinho, must have read The Crooks of the Matter last week and acted immediately.

Unread 23-12-2018, 07:25 PM
red in cumbria

I'm lost for words at that too, tbf.

Unread 23-12-2018, 07:27 PM
Lok

Would make a cracking DoF for us...

Unread 28-12-2018, 09:49 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Would make a cracking DoF for us...
Quote:
Central midfielder: Paul Pogba (Manchester United)

“Two well-taken goals against Huddersfield have laid down a marker. His dreadful hairstyles have also slowly disappeared as well. I really hope these are the signs of a much more mature player. With Jose Mourinho gone, Pogba is also starting to play with a freedom that was absent earlier in the season.”

Unread 28-12-2018, 05:13 PM
red in cumbria

Again, your regular reminder that he had a senior position in the PFA.

HOW???????
Closed Thread