United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics
_

Unread 10-06-2022, 01:31 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
balls. Own your mess.
If this is directed at me you have it all wrong.

I’ve never thought Brexit was a good idea, in fact on a personal level it is a bit of a pain in the arse.

The question is whether democracy is more important than me being inconvenienced.

Unread 10-06-2022, 01:32 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Good idea, we could call it the ‘Boris Bridge’.

Brexit isn’t immutable horror visited on an unknowing voter.

If you don’t like it get out there and join in one of the many campaigns to reverse it, email your Labour candidate, set up stalls in the village on a Saturday, help online.

I get you hate Brexit and that’s fine but for the ranting to be still going on years later is pretty pointless, and not good for mental health either.

This place is like a last stand for remainers, It’s pretty much died out on twitter but for the last few refuseniks.
Twitter isn't real life.

Unread 10-06-2022, 01:54 PM
jem

Quote:
balls. Own your mess.
wrong thread? and... crikey! obvs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
Twitter isn't real life.
shots fired at zorg.

Unread 10-06-2022, 02:16 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Good idea, we could call it the ‘Boris Bridge’.

Brexit isn’t immutable horror visited on an unknowing voter.

If you don’t like it get out there and join in one of the many campaigns to reverse it, email your Labour candidate, set up stalls in the village on a Saturday, help online.

I get you hate Brexit and that’s fine but for the ranting to be still going on years later is pretty pointless, and not good for mental health either.

This place is like a last stand for remainers, It’s pretty much died out on twitter but for the last few refuseniks.
This post is essentially Brexit.

Unread 10-06-2022, 02:18 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
This post is essentially Brexit.
didn't you understand it?

Unread 11-06-2022, 08:33 AM
Switching Off

Apologies if this has already been said

Unread 11-06-2022, 10:15 AM
measlyshark

Love a good doppelganger me.

Unread 11-06-2022, 10:26 AM
Hyman_Roth

Isn’t it estimated that we’ve already lost more than we ever put in during our entire time within the EU?

Put that on the side of a f***ing bus.

Unread 11-06-2022, 10:39 AM
Zorg

Business owner describes the nightmarish costs and hassle of visiting a trade fair

https://eastangliabylines.co.uk/brex...JsNI&fs=e&s=cl

Quote:
Last week I undertook my first post-COVID, and therefore first post-Brexit, trip to a trade show in Ostend, Belgium. For a very small firm keen to export to the EU, it was a test of the new regime. Despite Johnson’s claim there would be no “non-tariff barriers” to trade, the “Farage Tax” of new costs, delays and admin were overwhelming.

In the UK you must visit an Inland Border Facility to have your ATA Carnet stamped before departure and after arrival in the UK. The nearest one to Eurotunnel is at the new Farage Garage in Sevington on the M20. Sevington is not setup for cars, they cater only for lorries. Even the check-in booths are 3m in the air as they don’t expect any cars to visit, they cannot guarantee how long it’ll take to process your ATA Carnet – that depends on how many lorries are crossing each day. Because the timescale cannot be guaranteed it’s necessary to book Flexi tickets on the Eurotunnel doubling the normal travel cost. Again, the Brexit deal increases our costs.
The current Prime Minister specifically and categorically promised none of this would happen.

Unread 11-06-2022, 10:45 AM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Apologies if this has already been said

https://twitter.com/jemmaforte/statu...u0Co3F65w&s=19

Remoaning is clearly her forte.

Unread 11-06-2022, 12:13 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
This is pretty much all you're left with now. Namecalling after 6 years of being told it was a terrible idea, and now realising it was a terrible idea, and you were wrong all along. Sad.

Unread 11-06-2022, 12:42 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:

Unread 11-06-2022, 07:40 PM
Zorg

Quote:
These are the sort of people you’ve spent six years ridiculing as ‘tarquins’.

https://youtu.be/gUKywFazdDo?t=1508

Every day you’re being shown up as having been so utterly clueless that all you’ve got left is juvenile name-calling.

Unread 11-06-2022, 07:47 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Part of me feels sorry for these people and part of me feels ‘tough shit you d***heads’.
I get the impulse to think “serves you right” for doing something so unkind stupid.

But I feel for them, they were holding out hope for a better future. Unfortunately they believed the lies of the real vermin in our society and will end up being amongst the ones who are worst affected by it.

Quote:
Pathetic

Unread 12-06-2022, 06:51 PM
Zorg

https://www.euronews.com/2022/06/10/...n9lA&fs=e&s=cl

Quote:
'It's just not happening': Crops go to waste as UK farmers struggle to find workers

British farmers, forced to throw away tonnes of crops due to a shortage of labour, are calling for the UK government to bring back freedom of movement.

Some say they are having to recruit people from as far away as Kazakhstan to ensure no more food goes to waste.

“There’s been a mantra of trying to bring British people in, we tried that hard, absolute no goer," says Ottley, "it’s just not happening."

"We’ve been in engagement with M****tone job centre for four years and we’ve had not a single person through it.”
Weird. I thought British fruit pickers were all driving Lambos?

Unread 12-06-2022, 07:30 PM
Sapien

Accountability

Unread 12-06-2022, 07:34 PM
erictheking7

Unread 12-06-2022, 08:05 PM
silv

All those getting their knickers in a twist (JOB and Zorg) ; I am firmly of the belief that after the next election there will be consensus to move closer to Europe.

It was a razor thin vote but the hysteria and noise around Brexit at the time was off the scale. People are starting to realise that it wasn’t a great idea and i don’t think the remainder/Brexiteer divide exists anymore. People have moved on, however there is a face saving exercise in place.

We just need an election where Brexit isn’t a big make up of it and then we can start to discuss it rationally again

Unread 12-06-2022, 08:07 PM
Zorg

Quote:
2016-17: ‘the German car makers will make sure we get what we want’

2022: ‘it just hasn’t been done properly’.

It will never, ever be their fault.

Unread 12-06-2022, 08:19 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
All those getting their knickers in a twist (JOB and Zorg) ; I am firmly of the belief that after the next election there will be consensus to move closer to Europe.

It was a razor thin vote but the hysteria and noise around Brexit at the time was off the scale. People are starting to realise that it wasn’t a great idea and i don’t think the remainder/Brexiteer divide exists anymore. People have moved on, however there is a face saving exercise in place.

We just need an election where Brexit isn’t a big make up of it and then we can start to discuss it rationally again
The next election will be about Brexit, the SNP and the definition of a woman.