United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 23-01-2022, 12:19 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Rumours on Twitter a few weeks ago were that they along with Bailey and I think it was Lingard were the ones leaking to the press.

Okay watching the highlights on MOTD and it looks as though both Rashers and Martial () but in a lot more effort than they have recently? They made a point in saying g that Rashford’s body language looked a lot better.

Got to give Ralf a lot of credit although I guess that’s what happens when you make these lot actually play for their position in the starting eleven instead of just picking them every single week no matter what.
Can’t underestimate that goal midweek for Rashers. He was desperate for something, he looked sharper from the second he came on today. That winner might make the difference for him this season.

Martial is an odd one. £#%&! knows what’s been up with him since 2020, but he looked much sharper and more active from the second he got on the pitch. Probably did more in his cameo today than he managed in 90 minutes v Wham in the cup game.

Long May it continue imo.

Unread 23-01-2022, 12:30 AM
Denis Irwell

Almost as if there’s been words in the dressing room. Not necessarily a great fall out, but maybe some truths.

Unread 23-01-2022, 12:31 AM
Tommy M

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
At least one (not so) ‘appy ‘ammer knocked on his arse.
I believe one got chinned in the ground. A few of them were at Piccadilly trying to bully normal fans.

Unread 23-01-2022, 12:34 AM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy M
I believe one got chinned in the ground. A few of them were at Piccadilly trying to bully normal fans.
Vid on social media of them gobbing off to the Old Bill & then one of them going arse over tit down some stairs, but it looks like it was in the ground.

Unread 23-01-2022, 12:57 AM
ryanMUFC

One mentioned Munich outside the away end after the game. Got sparked.

Unread 23-01-2022, 08:49 AM
redhegemony

Dalot very good yesterday happy to come infield to provide options, seems very fit and motivated. No idea what Murphy was on about on MOTD saying he was impressed by Maguire can only think he didn’t watch the game. Was bang on average.

Some good signs in terms of controlling the game. Again needed an early goal.

Unread 23-01-2022, 09:28 AM
no fun

4 arrests, all Alf garnetts

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ouble-22843658

Unread 23-01-2022, 10:44 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli
Hard not to love that 😎

We suffer enough shit these days, we deserve little
Moments like that 👍

Bloody good job they didn’t disallow it.

Unread 23-01-2022, 10:53 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Vid on social media of them gobbing off to the Old Bill & then one of them going arse over tit down some stairs, but it looks like it was in the ground.
Link pls

Unread 23-01-2022, 12:00 PM
puressence

Still buzzing that video from utds site for goal in phenomenal

Unread 23-01-2022, 12:07 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Still buzzing that video from utds site for goal in phenomenal
This one?

Unread 23-01-2022, 01:42 PM
Hyman_Roth

Didn’t see any of it but heard that Tony M came on and put in a shift.

Well I’ll be…..

Hopefully he’s done enough to stay on for another 3 years putting in 1 or 2 decent performances every season. That’s how we’ll build this thing back up

Unread 23-01-2022, 01:54 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Didn’t see any of it but heard that Tony M came on and put in a shift.

Well I’ll be…..

Hopefully he’s done enough to stay on for another 3 years putting in 1 or 2 decent performances every season. That’s how we’ll build this thing back up
Was only on for ten minutes if that. He did look sharp and actually tried a variety of things instead of dawdling on the ball, cutting in and giving it away every time.

Nothing special but he didn’t kill every attacking move he was a part of and the weight of his pass in the build up to the goal was perfect. If he can put effort in like that every time he plays then he’s at least a decent option off the bench.

I do think it’s a shame how it’s turned out with him as I do think he has/had all the technical attributes to be a top forward - it’s his mentality that’s let him down.

Unread 23-01-2022, 02:10 PM
tatty

I don’t care how miraculous the improvement of the soon-out-of-contract gang is.

They need £#%&!ing off in short order not rewarded for a few decent performances…before normal service is resumed once the eleventy billion quid a week contract is signed.

No second chances.

Unread 23-01-2022, 02:10 PM
Rorschach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I do think it’s a shame how it’s turned out with him as I do think he has/had all the technical attributes to be a top forward - it’s his mentality that’s let him down.
It's an absolute shame but it's on him. Every United fan wants every* signing we make to be a success and drive the team on.

Fans get no pleasure out of laying into players but when driven to it, will do so with a passion proportionate to the failure of the player to appreciate what he's ****ed up/off.

Many would like to think TM could still do it but for many more, the point of no return was passed a long time and many sulks ago.

*excludes Michael f***ing Owen but bizarrely does briefly include Angel f***ing Di Maria.

Unread 23-01-2022, 02:27 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Was only on for ten minutes if that. He did look sharp and actually tried a variety of things instead of dawdling on the ball, cutting in and giving it away every time.

Nothing special but he didn’t kill every attacking move he was a part of and the weight of his pass in the build up to the goal was perfect. If he can put effort in like that every time he plays then he’s at least a decent option off the bench.

Don’t disagree pal

Unread 23-01-2022, 02:42 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
I don’t care how miraculous the improvement of the soon-out-of-contract gang is.

They need ****ing off in short order not rewarded for a few decent performances…before normal service is resumed once the eleventy billion quid a week contract is signed.

No second chances.
Absolutely This. I'd rather see the young bloods come in, even if they don't light up the world, than any of the shithouses ever again.

Unread 23-01-2022, 02:51 PM
AK14

Quote:

They need ****ing off in short order not rewarded for a few decent performances…before normal service is resumed once the eleventy billion quid a week contract is signed.

No second chances.
Yep.

We’ve been here before and they’ve proven they just can’t be trusted long term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach
It's an absolute shame but it's on him. Every United fan wants every* signing we make to be a success and drive the team on.

Fans get no pleasure out of laying into players but when driven to it, will do so with a passion proportionate to the failure of the player to appreciate what he's ****ed up/off.

Many would like to think TM could still do it but for many more, the point of no return was passed a long time and many sulks ago.

*excludes Michael f***ing Owen but bizarrely does briefly include Angel f***ing Di Maria.

And this.

The pile on of certain players when they’ve hit their first tough patch of form since being United players yet excusing the likes of martial after the many, many times he’s gone missing is quite odd…

Unread 23-01-2022, 03:22 PM
NedKelly

Quote:

No second chances.
Well yes, but we’re stuck with them until the summer, and if they’re playing well then I’m unsure why you wouldn’t play them.

That said, I completely agree that the grossly overrated and overpaid players infesting our squad need to be sold this summer. Harry Maguire, Pogba, Fred - they all need to go.

Unread 23-01-2022, 10:13 PM
puressence

Still buzzing.