United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 10-01-2022, 11:05 PM
puressence

Enjoyed that and the after match studio analysis

Unread 10-01-2022, 11:05 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
the grand sum of their ideas in the final 3rd is just shoot from wherever you like.

i'll schoolyard stuff
It feels like an age for us to create something. Elanga did well when he came on actually did something to attack. All this talk of Ralf’s tactics being corroded by media and some, go to 4231 and it’s the same old shite.

Basically our defence tries our best to let the opposition score. Lindelof first half and his constant @#%&! headers and misplaced passes.

I don’t know for the life of me Why shaw loves to give away needless fouls. The Ruled out goal was off a silly foul.

The central kid is just so poor. Nothing on them personally they’re just shit. Mcfred can’t pass or tackle or win duels. We don’t control the central midfield and when that happens you’re never going to control a game.

Greenwood looks like he needs a run of games but when the forwards are offered so little too it’s draining . He needs more of the ball and players need to make runs off him. Same for cavani. Rashford has zero confidence and was dog shit.

We need two CMs a RB and a CB

Unread 10-01-2022, 11:07 PM
ryanMUFC

A lot of people highlighting how bad Rashford played. I don’t think anyone else in a red shirt could string some passes together either.

Bruno? Greenwood? Fred? Mctominnay? Dogshit.

Sparky***

We’ve got them on Saturday so I’m sure they’ll turn us over

puressence

Ps. Thought varane was brilliant tonight

Unread 10-01-2022, 11:12 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
A lot of people highlighting how bad Rashford played. I don’t think anyone else in a red shirt could string some passes together either.

Bruno? Greenwood? Fred? Mctominnay? Dogshit.
Quite a few other poor performances nqat

But they all put more effort in.

The Scottish Player btw

Unread 10-01-2022, 11:25 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Quite a few other poor performances nqat

But they all put more effort in.

The Scottish Player btw
It’s hard to tell who’s putting effort in and who isn’t when they’re giving the ball away.

Did Mctom have a good game besides scoring the winner?

Unread 10-01-2022, 11:28 PM
Red_Rizla

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Might calm him down tbf

Unread 10-01-2022, 11:29 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
There's a problem in the squad isn't there. They appear to hate each other. Which I can understand because I hate them too.
This.

Unread 10-01-2022, 11:30 PM
redhegemony

Default G

Decent first half good pressing. Diabolical second half so so lazy. Rashford and Greenwood making #@&%! all effort. Greenwood’s shooting was awful. Varane our best player. Shaw the usual dim witted performance. Dalot good in parts but needs to look after the ball better.

Midfield non existent at times.

Worst home atmosphere this season crowd as lethargic as the players.

Unread 10-01-2022, 11:34 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Decent first half good pressing. Diabolical second half so so lazy. Rashford and Greenwood making #@&%! all effort. Greenwood’s shooting was awful. Varane our best player. Shaw the usual dim witted performance. Dalot good in parts but needs to look after the ball better.

Midfield non existent at times.

Worst home atmosphere this season crowd as lethargic as the players.
Thought greenwood did okay tbf

He was a lot better than the other forwards tonight imo and held the ball up well and hike also bringing others into the game. He was very composed at times.

It’s easy to forget he’s still only 20.

Is agree re Dalot… he has his limitations but he was okay.

Quote:
It’s hard to tell who’s putting effort in and who isn’t when they’re giving the ball away.

Did Mctom have a good game besides scoring the winner?
Effort from Rashford was well below that of the others tbf and was pretty obvious for everyone to see.

He did…

Unless you have an agenda against him obvs, in which case I guess he didn’t. Obviously the excuse for lack of confidence can only be used with certain players, while the others are just shit @#%&!s.

Unread 10-01-2022, 11:36 PM
redhegemony

Quote:

He was a lot better than the other forwards tonight imo and held the ball up well and hike also bringing others into the game. He was very composed at times.

Greenwood went missing for large chunks, towards the end Elanga put in a lovely ball to an empty back post Greenwood was standing still 10 yards outside the box, didn’t move. His shooting which is normally crisp was limp.

Unread 10-01-2022, 11:37 PM
jem

Quote:
certain players on that pitch who have the demeanour of pouty school children
Quote:
i'll schoolyard stuff
bit of a theme here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
go to 4231 and it’s the same old shite.
because we are still a man light in midfield. every £#%&!ing game.

Unread 10-01-2022, 11:38 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
bit of a theme here.

because we are still a man light in midfield. every £#%&!ing game.
3 light today…

Unread 10-01-2022, 11:41 PM
AK14

Quote:
Greenwood went missing for large chunks, towards the end Elanga put in a lovely ball to an empty back post Greenwood was standing still 10 yards outside the box, didn’t move. His shooting which is normally crisp was limp.
He’s still a kid and like the rest must be suffering with low confidence.

Did some good and £#%&!ed up a little… as to be expected from a 20 year old.

Unread 10-01-2022, 11:43 PM
jem

Quote:

Effort from Rashford was well below that of the others tbf and was pretty obvious for everyone to see.

He did…

Unless you have an agenda against him obvs, in which case I guess he didn’t. Obviously the excuse for lack of confidence can only be used with certain players, while the others are just shit @#%&!s.
I, ronnie.

Unread 10-01-2022, 11:44 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
He’s still a kid and like the rest must be suffering with low confidence.

Did some good and £#%&!ed up a little… as to be expected from a 20 year old.
Agree but no reason not to put a shift in but then he look across and sees Rashford…..

Unread 10-01-2022, 11:46 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:

He did…

Be a bit weird if I had an agenda against a player of a team that I want to do well.

I thought he faded in the second half (he never really dominates the midfield anyway) and he gave the ball away plenty of times like the rest of them.

Probably unfair to throw him in there considering he’s one of about 3 or 4 that looks like he gives a shit.

Unread 10-01-2022, 11:49 PM
AK14

Quote:
Be a bit weird if I had an agenda against a player of a team that I want to do well.

I thought he faded in the second half (he never really dominates the midfield anyway) and he gave the ball away plenty of times like the rest of them.

Probably unfair to throw him in there considering he’s one of about 3 or 4 that looks like he gives a shit.
Apology accepted.

Quote:
Agree but no reason not to put a shift in but then he look across and sees Rashford…..
I don’t think it was a lack of effort tbh or at least that’s not what it looked like to me.

He helped Dalot out down the right quite a lot and got us out of some very tight positions with his hard work and hold up play.

Unread 11-01-2022, 12:01 AM
Chris Quayd

They don't want to be out on that pitch and it shows. A decent 20 minute spell in a match constitutes a good performance for us and if league positions were handed out for effort, gameplan or excitement we'd do well to stay up. It's a top 6 squad with a bottom 6 mentality.

No idea where we go from here but even if we managed a clear out I wouldn't have any faith things would change. LVG hacked at the squad and Ole also shifted out a fair few shit@#%&!s and we're back to where we started. The culture goes beyond the dressing room, most of the players who have flopped with us would look a lot better individually if they played across town/down the East Lancs.