United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 24-07-2021, 06:19 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I made that point above. the problem is that the formation is shit no matter who is available, but ole persists with it. and one of the first team players, wan b, still never looks over his £#%&!ing shoulder to see where his winger is.
He rarely plays that and won’t when the season starts.

Unread 24-07-2021, 06:31 PM
d_knight

What worries me is that pre season friendlies are perfect opportunities for Ole to try out new stuff and for the fringe players to show their mettle so they can be picked more regularly. We've seen neither so far.

Unread 24-07-2021, 06:32 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_knight
What worries me is that pre season friendlies are perfect opportunities for Ole to try out new stuff and for the fringe players to show their mettle so they can be picked more regularly. We've seen neither so far.
What kind of new stuff would you try out with players who won't be playing for you this season?

Unread 24-07-2021, 06:36 PM
d_knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
What kind of new stuff would you try out with players who won't be playing for you this season?
New formations
New set piece handling
New pressing handling
New one on one handling
New get out of a bind handling
Etc

Instead we got the JL logo and Lee Grant (twice)

Unread 24-07-2021, 06:37 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
New formations
New set piece handling
New pressing handling
New one on one handling
Etc

Instead we got the JL logo and Lee Grant
again what is the point of any of that if none of the players are going to play for you?

pre season is about fitness levels. that's it. you sort all that other shit out mon-friday on the training pitch .

Unread 24-07-2021, 06:38 PM
armchair

Quote:
New formations
New set piece handling
New pressing handling
New one on one handling
Etc

Instead we got the JL logo and Lee Grant (twice)
Was watching mutv pre-match and they said they aren't doing much tactical coaching until the full squad is together and at this stage, it's mainly about fitness.

Unread 24-07-2021, 06:38 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
New stuff like what?

Formations we won’t be using with the first team?

If we played some different style or formation, we’d all be saying “what’s the point if we’re not going to play that way?”

There’s really nothing to read into these kinds of games where most of the first team aren’t there. We do this every season: we’ve had good pre seasons that led to shit starts to a compaign and vice versa. They’re for Fitness and match practice of the available players. That’s it.

Unread 24-07-2021, 07:22 PM
puressence

Remember Louis win all his pre season games including Liverpool in a final and then losing to Swansea at home first game

Unread 24-07-2021, 07:23 PM
Dr Stranger

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Remember Louis win all his pre season games including Liverpool in a final and then losing to Swansea at home first game
First one that came to my mind too.

Unread 24-07-2021, 07:59 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
If Pogba goes I’d keep him tbh
Would you dare say this if a certain poster was still here

Unread 24-07-2021, 08:31 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Was watching mutv pre-match and they said they aren't doing much tactical coaching until the full squad is together and at this stage, it's mainly about fitness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
I guess the last time we had our full squad together was when louis was manager.

Unread 24-07-2021, 08:32 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I guess the last time we had our full squad together was when louis was manager.
Or most of last season. And every season before that.

Unread 24-07-2021, 08:38 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Or most of last season. And every season before that.
it was just a joke about the lack of tactical coaching, but.... sure.

Unread 24-07-2021, 08:40 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
it was just a joke about the lack of tactical coaching, but.... sure.
oh right.

Unread 24-07-2021, 11:19 PM
red in cumbria

Anyway.......somewhat different games given that both Derby and QPR will be playing in the same division this season.