Total - 316 million

16/17 - 166 million
17/18 - 148 million

Total - 314 million

So he's right...He did spend more...
In a much less inflated market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Lukaku isn't ever making the money back either so we're probably stuck with him for a bit too, but next manager is going to want a striker or two so there's another cost he's built up for the future with a bad buy, which is what Van Gaal's being accused of.
Yeah stuck with a young striker who’ll get 20+ league goals a season and will only improve. We weren’t the only club willing to pay the fee last summer, and he hasn’t been any diferent here to how he was at Everton. If the market continues as it is, that kind of player would easily go for more than 90miliion in 3 years time.

Unread 12-01-2018, 12:14 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Would question whether Zlatan actually worked out as a good signing too tbh. I certainly think the decision to bring him back this season is looking a poor one
Probably rushed him back too soon. Might still have a part to play this season but he was definitely a success last season. Shouldn't get another year though.

Unread 12-01-2018, 12:18 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Always looks long term...

He was retiring at the end of his three year contract pal.
Yet still put the club first. Most of his second summer budget went on two young players. He’s a rare breed in the modern game.

Unread 12-01-2018, 12:18 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Van Gaal always looks long term.
Falcao, schweinsteiger.

Unread 12-01-2018, 12:21 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
LvG signed 13 players in 2 seasons.
Mourinho has signed 7 in 2 seasons

And you have tbf. You have dismissed anyone suggesting he needs to sign more and scoffed at the idea of giving him more money. "Well done Jose, here have another 300 million " is what you posted the other day

If your argument is that LvG needed to sign more, based on his two seasons with us, which is fair enough, then you can't dismiss the idea that Mourinho needs more signings based on what he has done during his time here

Also, when you say long term, look at the ages of Pogba, Bailly, Lindelof and Lukaku...
Nope. We need more players, whether it’s Mou or someone else in charge, that’s obvious. I think what you’re talking about is me objecting to the idea that he’s a) been underfunded b) has done brilliantly with what he does have.

Quote:
I completely agree.
I do not want Mourinho to go! I don't want him sacked! Let him do what he has to do. I really don't want to become "another club"

Hopefully Dunk comes round to this way of thinking..
Yeah, I mean obviously I would like to see Mou go, but the wider picture is United have/had a huge rebuilding job on and it’s £#%&!ing hard. No idea how we sufficiently replace all those players tbh. Seven or eight huge personalities went in 18 months or so.

Unread 12-01-2018, 12:30 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Yet still put the club first. Most of his second summer budget went on two young players. He’s a rare breed in the modern game.

Unread 12-01-2018, 12:31 PM
AK14

Quote:
%@#$&!s.

Unread 12-01-2018, 12:38 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
%@#$&!s.
Lingard, Martial, Rashford.

What a forward line he left us to build with.

After the Lukaku, Zlat and Mkhi %@#$&!s hopefully Mou will finally see this

Unread 12-01-2018, 12:44 PM
dunk

Quote:
I completely agree.
I do not want Mourinho to go! I don't want him sacked! Let him do what he has to do. I really don't want to become "another club"

Hopefully Dunk comes round to this way of thinking..
Er, Clarkie, I think you'll find I've said that Mourinho needs to stick around and build something.. the problem is he won't and he isn't.

Unread 12-01-2018, 12:44 PM
AK14

Quote:
Lingard, Martial, Rashford.

What a forward line he left us to build with.

After the Lukaku, Zlat and Mkhi %@#$&!s hopefully Mou will finally see this
By chance of course

He initially thought Lingard was a rwb and had Will Keane ahead of Rashford...

Give him the Martial one

Let's forget that Lingard and Martial have played their best stuff under Mou though

Unread 12-01-2018, 12:46 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
By chance of course

Give him the Martial one

Let's forget that Lingard and Martial have played their best stuff under Mou though
That should be the case. It’s called development. Unfortunately Martial has been a shadow of his former self. Lingard has been good for six weeks.

You reek of agenda tbh

Unread 12-01-2018, 12:47 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
We’ll be doing it again when Mou f***s off replacing Lukaku, Mkhitaryan, Zlatan and Matic at least.

I blame the board and the way the club is run primarily.

Exactly.

If he goes, another £300m for the New guy to get his own in and phase out wjat he considers to be shite.

Unread 12-01-2018, 12:49 PM
Buck

Quote:
By chance of course

Give him the Martial one

Unread 12-01-2018, 12:51 PM
andyroo

Conte looking decidedly rattled by the last few pages

Unread 12-01-2018, 12:52 PM
AK14

Quote:
That should be the case. It’s called development. Unfortunately Martial has been a shadow of his former self. Lingard has been good for six weeks.

You reek of agenda tbh
No agenda here chief

I'm able to call a spade a spade

I didn't hate Van Gaal like many people, but can see that we've progressed under Mourinho a lot more than what we did and would have done under Van Gaal

We were on the road to no where under Van Gaal, he was retiring after all. He made massive mistakes and payed the price for them

I'm not the one making snide remarks all over the shop on most threads these days like some spoilt teen.

Edit- also disagree on Martial and Lingard. Both have played well all season.

Unread 12-01-2018, 12:52 PM
Part 36 Offer

Such a boring, non-entity of a story this. Two complete £#%&!ing losers winding each other up with constant sniping. Great

Unread 12-01-2018, 12:54 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Such a boring, non-entity of a story this. Two complete £#%&!ing losers winding each other up with constant sniping. Great
Harsh on Siders, AK14 etc.

Unread 12-01-2018, 12:54 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Such a boring, non-entity of a story this. Two complete f***ing losers winding each other up with constant sniping. Great
Harsh on sparky and Siders etc

Unread 12-01-2018, 12:55 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Harsh on Siders, AK14 etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Harsh on sparky and Siders etc

Unread 12-01-2018, 01:00 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
No agenda here chief

I'm able to call a spade a spade

I didn't hate Van Gaal like many people, but can see that we've progressed under Mourinho a lot more than what we did and would have done under Van Gaal

We were on the road to no where under Van Gaal, he was retiring after all. He made massive mistakes and payed the price for them

I'm not the one making snide remarks all over the shop on most threads these days like some spoilt teen.

Edit- also disagree on Martial and Lingard. Both have played well all season.
I know you think you don’t have an agenda. But like many others on here you won’t concede an inch when it comes to Mou, or give an inch when it comes to LvG. Myself and Dunk and others admit mistakes on both sides and tend to take a wider view on the way the club is run, as we did when LvG was in ccharge.

People are allowed to dislike Mourinho, just like they were allowed to dislike Van Gaal. But in terms of perspective and being reasonable in these debates, to me the agenda is fairly one sided. People on here still dismiss Mou’s dodgy record with youth ffs
Closed Thread