United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-02-2023, 11:31 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
can anyone explain that performance yesterday please....
Tall, slow journeyman unsuccessfully runs after the ball.

Unread 24-02-2023, 11:35 AM
Bunker Buster

Wink

Quote:
can anyone explain that performance yesterday please....
Giuseppes prototype 'pinocchioBeta' trys running after a through ball against elite defenders...

Unread 24-02-2023, 11:42 AM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Tall, slow journeyman unsuccessfully runs after the ball.
Sounds like me at Monday night 5 a side

Unread 24-02-2023, 11:57 AM
Ethers

Wore their side down with his physicality and pressing in the first half, then the boss brought on Antony and Garnacho to take advantage of their tired legs

Absolutely genius, and so selfless from Weggy.

Unread 24-02-2023, 12:01 PM
jem

harsh on the horse. he could chase around and shin one in.

Unread 24-02-2023, 12:11 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
harsh on the horse. he could chase around and shin one in.
We've got Fred for that

Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Wore their side down with his physicality and pressing in the first half, then the boss brought on Antony and Garnacho to take advantage of their tired legs

Not difficult is it? We weren’t getting Mbappe

Running on empty vs Palace and arse (a) No signing in January and desperate need for another body or two. He’s already played his role and if we get most players available and can be a spoiler again if we need him. McTom, Sabi and Fred now available for one spot, so probably barely use him.

Moaning for the sake

shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

yep

(he was also pretty bad at the football thing though)

Unread 24-02-2023, 12:22 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Samurai
We've got Fred for that
thanks for understanding.

Unread 24-02-2023, 12:32 PM
Harris

On here you'd think he's some kind of cult icon but in the ground last night he was getting dogs abuse by many. Rightly so. He'd probably be OK in that walking football the grandads play.

Unread 24-02-2023, 12:41 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harris
On here you'd think he's some kind of cult icon but in the ground last night he was getting dogs abuse by many. Rightly so. He'd probably be OK in that walking football the grandads play.
You need to be a be more subtle .

He will score on Sunday for sure.

Unread 24-02-2023, 01:03 PM
shenwen

I'm not sure anyone is making excuses. His limitations are clear. We were desperate for a striker that wasn't called Elanga and he's the best we could get given timing/money/someone Erik could trust.

Is he a good striker? No.
Are we winning games with him in the team? Yes.
Guess which one is the most important?

Unread 24-02-2023, 01:15 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
I'm not sure anyone is making excuses. His limitations are clear. We were desperate for a striker that wasn't called Elanga and he's the best we could get given timing/money/someone Erik could trust.

Exactly.

Marlo isn’t very good at understanding it’s a team game tbf. It’s all about the individuals for him. It’s why he used to hang out the back of Pogba because of how talented he was yawn, even when it was clearly evident that playing him was harmful for the team as a whole.

Unread 24-02-2023, 02:14 PM
marlo

I’d never put my admiration of a footballer before the performance of the team.
pogba wasn’t best suited to us or the managers we had and I’m happy he has left as we are now a better team with a good squad.

my issue with weghorst i must be watching a different player as the one I’m seeing looks way out of his depth.
he isn’t helping the team he is taking up a space in the team while not doing much. We play well despite him not because of his minimal contribution
for example we were losing yesterday and subbed off a striker.
do you know what that says when you need 2 goals and you sub off a player who is mean to be scoring them?
I’m sure he is a nice guy but we waste a space in team and him running around isn’t worth it. Obviously ETH knows more than me and keeps picking him but ole knew more than me as well apparantly and kept picking maguire so

Unread 24-02-2023, 02:24 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
I’d never put my admiration of a footballer before the performance of the team.
pogba wasn’t best suited to us or the managers we had and I’m happy he has left as we are now a better team with a good squad.

my issue with weghorst i must be watching a different player as the one I’m seeing looks way out of his depth.
he isn’t helping the team he is taking up a space in the team while not doing much. We play well despite him not because of his minimal contribution
for example we were losing yesterday and subbed off a striker.
do you know what that says when you need 2 goals and you sub off a player who is mean to be scoring them?
I’m sure he is a nice guy but we waste a space in team and him running around isn’t worth it. Obviously ETH knows more than me and keeps picking him but ole knew more than me as well apparantly and kept picking maguire so
I think he puts the other team off, staggering around like a drunken horse, and this helps the other attackers.

The opposition are like "wtf?"

He's invented a new position - defensive striker. This guy has evolved the game.

Unread 24-02-2023, 02:43 PM
Dr Stranger

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen

Spot on.

Unread 24-02-2023, 03:07 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
I think he puts the other team off, staggering around like a drunken horse, and this helps the other attackers.

He's invented a new position - defensive striker. This guy has evolved the game.
Varane did a box to box CB run last night. Could have scored after running 60/70 yards

Unread 24-02-2023, 03:12 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch

Unread 24-02-2023, 04:25 PM
jem

it would be petty to point out that this joke has already been made.

Unread 24-02-2023, 04:56 PM
dunk

I feel like defensive striker was coined to Alan Smith, or someone else in United’s not too distant past..
Closed Thread