United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-12-2020, 01:38 PM
NedKelly

It’s been explained why people forgive Fernandes for some patchy games - he consistently delivers, and more often than not when it counts. How some people don’t understand that is beyond me, personally I think they have an agenda.

Unread 06-12-2020, 02:03 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
It’s been explained why people forgive Fernandes for some patchy games - he consistently delivers, and more often than not when it counts. How some people don’t understand that is beyond me, personally I think they have an agenda.
Fernandes is literally the best attacking player in Europe stats wise. Pogba has one half decent game and his bizarre fan club want us to rejoice. Yeah thanks for maybe the 5th or 6th decent game in 5 years mate. Any chance you can do it more often?

Unread 06-12-2020, 02:10 PM
Tronics

🙂

Unread 06-12-2020, 02:11 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
🙂
This is exactly what I'm talking about

Really odd bastards. Supporting an individual player more than the manager or club so the odd time they play well they can leave smileys suggesting they were 'right all along'

Dangers

Unread 06-12-2020, 02:21 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
His goal was a moment of magic and that’s sometimes all you need to change the dynamic of a match. Incredible goal and created our win.

7/10
7?

That first half performance was one one of the worst I’ve ever seen in a United shirt. How many times was he out of position? How many times did he give the ball away? How many times did he kill any forward momentum we might have built by taking eight touches? Wrong decision after wrong decision. Stud rolls instead of quick balls forward.

Listen, I concede that Ole is persisting in asking him to do a job he’s clearly unfit for, and I have no idea wtf he’s doing, but Pogba is supposed to be a 90m quid, world class, veteran midfielder. 90m, world class, veteran midfielders don’t do the basics that badly.

Unread 06-12-2020, 02:21 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley

Really odd bastards. Supporting an individual player more than the manager or club so the odd time they play well they can leave smileys suggesting they were 'right all along'

Dangers
Could at least get their timings right. Wait for him to have an actual good game before throwing up smug smilies. Not sure him scoring his third goal in the past 35 games is the proved you wrong moment they think it is.

Unread 06-12-2020, 02:24 PM
utd99

Quote:
Homegrown

Was here for what, a couple of years before fergie exposed him and his fat @#%&! of an agent?

One of our worst ever signings. Had a decent game yesterday but still wasn't close to being the best player in our side. His first half was disgusting.
He really didn’t mate. He did one thing extremely well, that’s it.

Unread 06-12-2020, 02:26 PM
Dr Stranger

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
7?

That first half performance was one one of the worst I’ve ever seen in a United shirt. How many times was he out of position? How many times did he give the ball away? How many times did he kill any forward momentum we might have built by taking eight touches? Wrong decision after wrong decision. Stud rolls instead of quick balls forward.

Listen, I concede that Ole is persisting in asking him to do a job he’s clearly unfit for, and I have no idea wtf he’s doing, but Pogba is supposed to be a 90m quid, world class, veteran midfielder. 90m, world class, veteran midfielders don’t do the basics that badly.
This.

And him rifling in one from 25 yards once every blue moon doesn’t change that.

He improved as the game wore on and the goal was brilliant and much needed at the time, but until he starts to perform regularly, even show signs that he’s going to do that, all the criticism (which is based on nothing more than what we’re seeing on the pitch for the last 4 years) is justified.

Bruno is showing Pogba up for what he should be doing. Pogba is as talented, but doesn’t have anywhere near the consistency, attitude or importance that Bruno does. Bruno is doing what Pogba should. The same excuses aren’t rolled out for him, because he doesn’t need them.

Unread 06-12-2020, 02:26 PM
marlo

Quote:

Dangers
As opposed to refusing to support a player at the club you support?

the reason pogba sometimes hold onto the ball is because there’s nothing ahead of him.
Because of our poor coaches our forwards movement is non existent which is why both Bruno and pogba are always waving their arms in frustration.
At the end of the day we won and our homegrown midfielder scored abs played a decent role in our comeback. We should be celebrating this and happy.

Unread 06-12-2020, 02:27 PM
shenwen

Quote:
7?

Listen, I concede that Ole is clearly persisting in asking him to do a job he’s clearly unfit for, and I have no idea wtf he’s doing, but Pogba is supposed to be a 90m quid, world class, veteran midfielder. 90m, world class, veteran midfielders don’t do the basics that badly.
choosing to do an overhead kick clearance in his own area, barely managing to actually clear the area and instead having it land at the feet of an opposition player.

Idea, execution, result. All wrong. That's Paul Pogba.

Unread 06-12-2020, 02:27 PM
marlo

Quote:
He really didn’t mate. He did one thing extremely well, that’s it.
What sort of game did The Scottish Player and vdb have? Out of curiosity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
choosing to do an overhead kick clearance in his own area, barely managing to actually clear the area and instead having it land at the feet of an opposition player.

Idea, execution, result. All wrong. That's Paul Pogba.
Jesus Christ, your better than this. Seriously .

He tried to clear the ball. Is this being used a stick to beat him with.

Unread 06-12-2020, 02:29 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
They were poor. Everyone has acknowledged that.

Unread 06-12-2020, 02:31 PM
utd99

Quote:
What, like you and Rashford you mean?

Unread 06-12-2020, 02:31 PM
shenwen

Quote:

Jesus Christ, your better than this. Seriously .

he could have headed it and been more effective/less risky. he's not a smart player. That's the point I'm making.

Unread 06-12-2020, 02:34 PM
utd99

Quote:
Poor. Particularly The Scottish Player. Why did you pick two white players?

Quote:

It was an idiotic decision. Hasn’t he given away enough penalties?

Unread 06-12-2020, 02:35 PM
andyroo

It was better than his clearing of the free kick last time we played West Ham, I'll give him that.

Unread 06-12-2020, 02:37 PM
puressence

Quote:

the reason pogba sometimes hold onto the ball is because there’s nothing ahead of him.
Because of our poor coaches our forwards movement is non existent which is why both Bruno and pogba are always waving their arms in frustration.
At the end of the day we won and our homegrown midfielder scored abs played a decent role in our comeback. We should be celebrating this and happy.
Pay your subs you @#%&! xxx

Unread 06-12-2020, 02:39 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Pay your subs you @#%&! xxx
He needs it for Nasri’s coat check.

Unread 06-12-2020, 02:39 PM
redhegemony

Such an enigma. In some ways reflects where we are at as a team. Bags of talents but often fail to get roused, inconsistent and make stupid mistakes. Lack intensity

The overhead clearance was a potentially poor decision if the West Ham player gets closer and tries to head the ball it could be a red card/penalty.

He has great skill running with the ball but his decision making lets him down. He gives the ball away too easily.

To be fair yesterday he did put himself about more than usual and the goal was magnificent. Let's hope that gives him the confidence to push on. You'd like to hope that he realises he isn't close to being as important a player for the team as Bruno and that makes him work harder consistently but suspect that's unlikely.

Unread 06-12-2020, 02:41 PM
marlo

Quote:
Poor. Particularly The Scottish Player. Why did you pick two white players?

?
Just picked the other two midfielders. The midfield is the engine room of the side.

Pogba was the best of the three yesterday but seems to get the most abuse as if he played the worse. Why that is...i don’t know.

you go look at the match thread and at half time it was all pogba should never play for us again, pogba should be subbed but nothing about the other two midfielder who were playing worse than him.
Why that is i don’t know, it’s one of those things we will never know, like why for instance (UNRELATED) millwalls fans boo’d at the beginning of yesterday’s game
Closed Thread