United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-07-2020, 03:29 PM
bosskeano

RB we have plenty of cover with AWB, TFM, Williams....but none of them are good going forward

LB we have no cover for Shaw which was evident after he was hurt..Williams does a fine job defensively but doesn't give us the same attacking skill set as Shaw mainly b/c he's not left footed so LB is an area that needs to be addressed.

Dalot should be sold b/c you will probably be able to get a decent amount for him due to his age and potential plus we just don't frankly need him. I'd rather give Laird the opportunity to push through to the first team.

You can definitely see Ole has trust in certain players which is why i'm a bit puzzled by the lack of chances for Fred and McT once we returned from that break. Those two guys were main stays in our midfield and kept Matic out quite often.

Unread 29-07-2020, 03:32 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosskeano
RB we have plenty of cover with AWB, TFM, Williams....but none of them are good going forward

LB we have no cover for Shaw which was evident after he was hurt..Williams does a fine job defensively but doesn't give us the same attacking skill set as Shaw mainly b/c he's not left footed so LB is an area that needs to be addressed.

Dalot should be sold b/c you will probably be able to get a decent amount for him due to his age and potential plus we just don't frankly need him. I'd rather give Laird the opportunity to push through to the first team.

You can definitely see Ole has trust in certain players which is why i'm a bit puzzled by the lack of chances for Fred and McT once we returned from that break. Those two guys were main stays in our midfield and kept Matic out quite often.
I think both very rusty, Matic offered a better safety net for Bruno and Pogba and we were winning. I think he wanted to change as little a possible and squeeze every last drop out to get top four.

We had to sprint to make it and the gamble paid off.

I'm sure we'll see plenty of them in the coming weeks and next season.

Unread 29-07-2020, 03:38 PM
bosskeano

yeah you're probably right b/c of the re-introduction of Pogba....you need the experience of Matic to play that role knowing Bruno and Pogba would try to get forward as often as possible

certainly a gamble but paid off well getting us back into the Champions League

hopefully Bruno gets a break for a week or so and doesn't feature against Lask in our Europa match

Unread 29-07-2020, 04:27 PM
puressence

More deadwood out .. especially jones why on earth would anybody buy him.

Unread 29-07-2020, 04:39 PM
thatsfuctit

to the SCC

Unread 29-07-2020, 06:07 PM
Switching Off

I'd take Perisic for Sanchez. Its not like we're gonna spend on many, so an experienced forward who can put pressure on the first XI, and offers something different, no brainer for me.

Unread 29-07-2020, 06:44 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He’s spent the season at Munich and they don’t want him anymore, was mainly a sub there as far as I know, plus he’s 2 years older and was never that good to begin with.
Still might do more for us than Sanchez, not hard though that is?

Unread 29-07-2020, 06:44 PM
bosskeano

Jones, Dalot, Sanchez, Andres, Rojo, Smalling, Lingard.....sell the lot of them as they are all sh**

Mata could probably go as well but he's great for the squad morale

None of these guys made hardly any contributions this season but sadly we probably can't get rid of all at once b/c we'd have barely a squad

Unread 11-09-2020, 06:37 PM
bosskeano

United have had enquiries from clubs such as Lille for Diogo Dalot. United told them they would sell but only for €22m. Lille were willing to buy him and include a big sell-on percentage but United rejected.

(source: @DuncanCastles)

Unread 11-09-2020, 11:55 PM
Whalefish

Just get rid of him. He's toss.

Unread 13-09-2020, 11:52 AM
dunk

Have I missed something with Dalot? Far as I can tell he’s been average with flashes of ability in his few appearances, but mainly struggled defensively and has spent the bulk of his time here injured. Yet the United ‘twitterati’ think he’s the second coming of Cafu and Ole should be sacked for marginalising him. Apparently, Ole hates him because he has his number () and doesn’t want him to shine, is playing the massively inferior AWB & Williams over him, yet owes his job to Dalot’s shot in Paris that was going 20 yards over the bar some genuine vitriol for Williams, Ole and AWB over the fact this kid can’t stay fit and isn’t very good, it’s £#%&!ing mad.

He was shit and subbed early again yesterday btw..

Unread 13-09-2020, 11:58 AM
waynes ear's

He’s dogshit. Bin

Unread 13-09-2020, 11:59 AM
believe

Quote:
Have I missed something with Dalot? Far as I can tell he’s been average with flashes of ability in his few appearances, but mainly struggled defensively and has spent the bulk of his time here injured. Yet the United ‘twitterati’ think he’s the second coming of Cafu and Ole should be sacked for marginalising him. Apparently, Ole hates him because he has his number () and doesn’t want him to shine, is playing the massively inferior AWB & Williams over him, yet owes his job to Dalot’s shot in Paris that was going 20 yards over the bar some genuine vitriol for Williams, Ole and AWB over the fact this kid can’t stay fit and isn’t very good, it’s £#%&!ing mad.

I'm more surprised you don't like him.

Unread 13-09-2020, 12:08 PM
Ethers

Ole doesn’t like his attitude apparently, particularly in training, and thinks he’s a bit of a @#%&!.

Unread 13-09-2020, 12:40 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I'm more surprised you don't like him.
:£#%&!er:

Unread 13-09-2020, 12:43 PM
Coracao

Quote:

Take a day off Twitter.

Unread 13-09-2020, 12:56 PM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:

Id review who you are following on twitter.

Hes £#%&!. Fred knows.

Unread 13-09-2020, 01:06 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot
Id review who you are following on twitter.

Hes £#%&!. Fred knows.
Not following any of them, Dalot was trending yesterday and that was the reason why

Unread 13-09-2020, 01:08 PM
Dr Stranger

Seemed like he had a bit of potential, but hasn't kicked on and Ole clearly doesn't fancy him. And if he doesn't, then we ain't missing much.

Another one we can get off the wage bill and a bit of money for.

Another one for the Music Magpie pile.

Unread 13-09-2020, 01:13 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Seemed like he had a bit of potential, but hasn't kicked on and Ole clearly doesn't fancy him. And if he doesn't, then we ain't missing much.

Another one we can get off the wage bill and a bit of money for.

Another one for the Music Magpie pile.
United have turned down offers of a loan or loan with an obligation to buy, they want to sell. Says a lot when they don’t seem to want to let players go the majority of the time.
Closed Thread