United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-09-2020, 08:02 PM
Ethers

I like the lad, and think he’s worth sticking with even if his form undoubtedly went to shit after about a dozen games.

But £#%&!ing hell, you’re on some serious Class A’s if you thought his season was anything like Ronaldo’s first ffs

Unread 10-09-2020, 08:09 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Yeah ok...

The famous Fred write off crew in full assault mode I see. No one’s saying he’s nailed on, but give the kid a chance ffs. He’s young, hard working and making a huge step up in class - and he was pivotal in some of our biggest wins in the first half of last season. Anyone trying to suggest he’s never played well enough to warrant a proper chance is either clueless or dishonest.
You don't have to be clueless to realise a player isn't good enough. United isn't his level. He did nothing last season in his decision making, passing or all round intelligence to convince me of anything else.

People can compare it to Ronaldo but he had his indifferent games but he'd chip in with great skill or goals or something in his early years.

I'd love to be proven wrong but I don't think I will be... He's reserve level or League Cup level at best and I'm sure that when the big games come up next season he'll be nowhere near the starting 11.

Unread 10-09-2020, 08:25 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
You don't have to be clueless to realise a player isn't good enough.
Over time, for sure, but give the kid a chance to be coached properly on the weaknesses in his game then see if he’s got what it takes. If he doesn’t he doesn’t, but this rush to judgement is unfair after one season of massive change for the boy.

People are writing off The Scottish Player too. None of these kids are supposed to be the finished article yet.

Unread 10-09-2020, 08:34 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Some folk prob need to take a good look at themselves when Sparky is the voice of reason ffs

There are enough issues in the squad without getting pissy knickers about a young lad who's a backup option not looking like peak Rivaldo.

Unread 10-09-2020, 08:34 PM
jem

Quote:
Over time, for sure, but give the kid a chance to be coached properly on the weaknesses in his game then see if he’s got what it takes. If he doesn’t he doesn’t, but this rush to judgement is unfair after one season of massive change for the boy.

People are writing off The Scottish Player too. None of these kids are supposed to be the finished article yet.
it's no so much the weaknesses in his game as the weakness of his game.

he scored a couple of goals. otherwise, he just fell over a lot, has no tricks, no strength, no great crosses, no vision.... he's more chong than ronnie.

we can't babysit. hit the ground running like greenwood or £#%&! off.

who wrote The Scottish Player off?

Unread 10-09-2020, 08:39 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
it's no so much the weaknesses in his game as the weakness of his game.

he scored a couple of goals. otherwise, he just fell over a lot, has no tricks, no strength, no great crosses, no vision.... he's more chong than ronnie.

we can't babysit. hit the ground running like greenwood or £#%&! off.

who wrote The Scottish Player off?
So give them a chance to coach him and give him a chance to be coached. Let him earn his appearances from the bench and if he doesn’t he doesn’t, he won’t be the first nor the last, but it’s too soon.

The Scottish Player? Plenty have posted on here that he isn’t, nor ever will be good enough. Nowhere near interested enough to prove it by searching though. I’m not Believe.

Unread 11-09-2020, 08:31 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
So give them a chance to coach him and give him a chance to be coached. Let him earn his appearances from the bench and if he doesn’t he doesn’t, he won’t be the first nor the last, but it’s too soon.

The Scottish Player? Plenty have posted on here that he isn’t, nor ever will be good enough. Nowhere near interested enough to prove it by searching though. I’m not Believe.
Mehtominay.

Probably my greatest ever post on Fred.

Unread 11-09-2020, 09:03 AM
Patty_b

Lets write him off and £#%&! him off, then if he progresses into a quality player we can complain about how we let him go on the cheap instead of keeping him. Rinse and repeat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Mehtominay.

Can't argue with that.

Unread 11-09-2020, 09:06 AM
believe

Can’t knock the lad in terms of attitude but he’s nowhere near good enough. I was half watching the Wales game the other night and he was appalling. Looked just like a young Ronaldo.

Unread 11-09-2020, 10:07 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Can’t knock the lad in terms of attitude but he’s nowhere near good enough. I was half watching the Wales game the other night and he was appalling. Looked just like a young Ronaldo.

Unread 11-09-2020, 06:24 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Mehtominay.

Certainly one of your most memorable.

Unread 11-09-2020, 06:26 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Can't argue with that.

Unread 13-09-2020, 10:59 AM
Mr_Ed

Unread 13-09-2020, 11:08 AM
dunk

Played well and was a threat throughout. Put 3 or 4 balls across the box that were undefendable and any team with players who like scoring goals would’ve lapped up tbf.

Unread 13-09-2020, 12:18 PM
utd99

Quote:
Throwing your arms in the air and turning away when the ball is still in the box is a far worse indictment on a player than simply missing a chance imo. Typical Shaw, infantile and thick as shit; nowhere near good enough for pouting.

Unread 13-09-2020, 12:39 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Useless.

Unread 13-09-2020, 12:43 PM
dunk

Quote:
Throwing your arms in the air and turning away when the ball is still in the box is a far worse indictment on a player than simply missing a chance imo. Typical Shaw, infantile and thick as shit; nowhere near good enough for pouting.
Again, probably our best player yesterday, Shaw. Him and James our only attacking threat throughout. That was about the 4th or 5th time we should’ve scored, a bit of frustration is good, especially as it’s only a friendly, shows they’re arsed tbf.

Unread 29-09-2020, 08:55 AM
windy waffles

Looks like Leeds are back in for him and if we sign Sancho he will be £#%&!ed off on loan.

Unread 29-09-2020, 09:13 AM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Looks like Leeds are back in for him and if we sign Sancho he will be £#%&!ed off on loan.

So he is staying then

Unread 29-09-2020, 09:33 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
So he is staying then

Could be good for the kid to play under a manager like Bielsa tbf
Closed Thread