United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-09-2020, 12:16 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Unnecessary is a creative word for poor. He went on to do very well but completely flopped for us.
So James may go on to do very well. He might not but it's far too soon to give up on him.

Unread 10-09-2020, 12:27 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
“Hello Pep? Yeah it’s Ole... Yeah fine thanks; look can I just ask you who you’re looking at in the market please? We’re trying to figure out who’s any good. Cheers...how do you spell that?”
Yeah it’s spelt S T O N E S and the other is O T A M E N D I, then there is M E N D I

£#%&!in ell pal they be wasted plenty on shite at least we ll get money back if not more should we sell the kid

Unread 10-09-2020, 12:40 PM
Switching Off

He's shit, but great pace. Would keep him on the bench for another year.

Unread 10-09-2020, 12:50 PM
Dr Stranger

Young player steps up a league, moves to the biggest club in the country and loses his Dad in the space of a few months and then

WEIRDLY

Has a tough time of it.

£#%&!ing hell. With friends like these, eh.

Unread 10-09-2020, 12:51 PM
Parlabane

I think there is a player in him - he left not going to be a first team starter but he can grow into being an impact sub where we need to change it up a bit.

He started brightly last year then faded - there have been plenty of other players who have done similar.

The thing is with this kid you sense he wants to be here and will work hard for his opportunities

He works hard when he comes on just needs to improve on his ball into the box which will come

Unread 10-09-2020, 12:52 PM
Hyman_Roth

I always complain that people rush to write players off too soon but im afraid he absolutely reeks of shit.

Nanny level decision making and grotesquely one dimensional - other players are already avoiding passing to him as they know that it will simply go to shit when he gets it.

The one that ole got wrong.

Unread 10-09-2020, 01:32 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
I had no idea that waffles' approval was so important to a players chances of success.

Until today.
At least I've been consistent with him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
He's shit, but great pace. Would keep him on the bench for another year.
Should have signed Usain Bolt instead then.

Unread 10-09-2020, 01:42 PM
Knockers

One dimensional players like him and Fellaini are a trillion times better to have around than complete non-entities like Perreira. Who gives a shit if he can’t do more than six kick-ups? Rapid and stretches teams like mad. I like him, me.

Unread 10-09-2020, 01:43 PM
Sparky***

If we're looking to strengthen the squad depth i don't really know what the sense is in getting rid of a young lad like this. He's had one crack at top division football.

Unread 10-09-2020, 03:10 PM
Cream

Form dropped off a cliff.

Which is what we should do with him.

Unread 10-09-2020, 03:29 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
If we're looking to strengthen the squad depth i don't really know what the sense is in getting rid of a young lad like this. He's had one crack at top division football.
Absolute no look pass from you that opinion. I bet you even caught yourself out typing that.

Unread 10-09-2020, 03:29 PM
bosskeano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Form dropped off a cliff.

Which is what we should do with him.
give him time to adjust and adapt....he's young and made a huge leap

he's a bit one dimensional...b/c of his pace he doesn't really seem to have been tested in other divisions to where he has to use his head and technical ability instead of just running past people

gotta remember guys like Salah struggled, De Bruyne struggled both early on at chelsea but came good. Not saying he's anywhere in their class but give the lad a chance to learn, improve and mature as a footballer.

Unread 10-09-2020, 03:51 PM
thatsfuctit

Pace is a massive asset, and scares the opposition, he needs to learn to get his head up and pick a pass.

Unread 10-09-2020, 04:26 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
Pace is a massive asset, and scares the opposition, he needs to learn to get his head up and pick a pass.
I don't think they are scared of him - they know the slightest nudge he falls on his arse then throws his hands in the air.

Unread 10-09-2020, 05:39 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
2nd in assists for the season wasn’t he?

Lost a bit of confidence and is a bit lightweight, but the shit he gets is OTT. More to come from him. Needs to get in the gym.

Unread 10-09-2020, 06:01 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Some folk prob need to take a good look at themselves when Sparky is the voice of reason ffs

Yeah let's bin him

Unread 10-09-2020, 06:02 PM
bosskeano

very similar to when ronaldo came over in his first season at 18....lightweight and got knocked on his ass quite often.

let's see how he does if he just puts his head down and gets to work. i'm sure giggs has had a chat or two with him while away with Wales

Unread 10-09-2020, 06:37 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosskeano
very similar to when ronaldo came over in his first season at 18....lightweight and got knocked on his ass quite often.

let's see how he does if he just puts his head down and gets to work. i'm sure giggs has had a chat or two with him while away with Wales
It looks a lot like you just compared Daniel James to Cristiano Ronaldo.

Unread 10-09-2020, 07:12 PM
red in cumbria

Even were the hyperbolic thread title accurate (its not, obviously) does nobody else remember when Keane had basically signed for Blackburn? And then Fergie gazumped Dogleash

Unread 10-09-2020, 07:18 PM
bosskeano

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
It looks a lot like you just compared Daniel James to Cristiano Ronaldo.
not compared but used as a similar example....when ronaldo was 18 and came over he was lightweight and constantly got knocked over b/c he wasn't strong. James is the same way minus the height.

If james can put on some weight and strength ,like Cristiano did, he'll be able to handle the physical challenges easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Even were the hyperbolic thread title accurate (its not, obviously) does nobody else remember when Keane had basically signed for Blackburn? And then Fergie gazumped Dogleash
greatest signing in the Fergie era
Closed Thread