United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-11-2021, 08:46 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
are you using me earn those worthless and unredeemable top red points?

A £15m a year at one of the biggest clubs in the world should not be him “having a go”

he shouldn’t have got the job in first place and it became to much for him.
It’s all well and good saying he did his best, he became almost arrogant while manager , didn’t hire the best assistants , made the same mistakes over and over again, froze players out and was paid 300k a week for it.

we are bearing down on a decade with out a the league , but hey we are so classy in our dismissals.

I don’t know anybody on here in real life. Why are you bringing up “top red points” it’s a forum to talk about Manchester United . I’m saying it didn’t work out , as much as people on here would like it to have been better with any of our previous managers, hindsight is a bastard. He won his first 13 games in a row and turned it around . Got back to back 3rd then 2nd which is an improvement and we looked like we were moving in the right directions however difficult it was at times.

Point I’m trying to make is whenever we won comfortably you were nowhere to be found on this forum. You never once supported him and as an extension then we’re not supporting the club. It’s almost like you wanted to club to fail just so you could say you were right. It doesn’t matter he has gone . Time to move forward.

If you don’t like any of it just don’t bother posting about his video. For whatever reason ole seems like rent free in your head than even now once he has gone you feel the need to speak about him. Let it go

Unread 21-11-2021, 08:47 PM
saffers

This class and dignity stuff is very reminiscient of what we used to mock. We need to chill a bit.

Its a sad thing that has happened but lets not go overboard here.

Would have been incredible to have a red legend make it at United but alas.

Unread 21-11-2021, 08:48 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I think marlo will hope his hands up and admit he’s been a bit of a dick.
He would but his hands are
Full of spam whilst he feeds Samir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Part of the charm of Manchester United is this sort of “family values” the history runs deep sadly with tragedy aswell as positive titles and world class squads. There is a charm to Man Utd , it isn’t just a team to support. He was such an integral part of of the treble and that charm stays with you. Ok he didn’t do as well as manager and had to go , but he is still one of us, I.e a fan.

If it were Jose or whenever then probably you are right, but whether you like or not ole is permanently embedded in the history of our club. He will always be a club legend . That video alone shows he does care and yes he got it wrong but he obviously tried to do better.

Now if you don’t get any of that than you either can’t align yourself with what our club is about or you are a glory hunter who probably has to “stick” with supporting Man Utd because you made your bed .

“All getting a bit weird “yet you bend over backwards for a player that will have inevitably left the club twice and nobody will remember in 10 years.

Fact is ole has done so much more for this club as a player more than pogba ever probably will. You can come back with your rhetoric of World Cup winner because that is literally all pogba has to fall back on. A World Cup in which the french team was loaded with world class players over a tournament of 7/8 games. Anything more and he struggles. But leaving pogba for a second, back to my point, seems like you’re a different type of fan and won’t ever really get what Manchester United is about
Outstanding

Unread 21-11-2021, 08:50 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Full interview now uploaded to youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ5V6ba0oF4
Always be a legend

The balls to come out and do an interview the day he’s stepped down.

Unread 21-11-2021, 08:51 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
This class and dignity stuff is very reminiscient of what we used to mock. We need to chill a bit.

Its a sad thing that has happened but lets not go overboard here.

Would have been incredible to have a red legend make it at United but alas.
It’s one video where he is showing he wants the team to do well even after him. It isn’t that deep. It’s not some love letter or whatever. If people want to watch it great if not then don’t.

It’s more of a case of if you don’t like it /care for it why post about it?

Unread 21-11-2021, 08:51 PM
avocado

Interesting twist. Saffers, having seen Marlo consigned to the frozen wastes, is now looking to get back in the warm, loving tent. But he would know, coming from the cold, cold north.

Unread 21-11-2021, 08:53 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
are you using me earn those worthless and unredeemable top red points?

A £15m a year at one of the biggest clubs in the world should not be him “having a go”

he shouldn’t have got the job in first place and it became to much for him.
It’s all well and good saying he did his best, he became almost arrogant while manager , didn’t hire the best assistants , made the same mistakes over and over again, froze players out and was paid 300k a week for it.

we are bearing down on a decade with out a the league , but hey we are so classy in our dismissals.

Football has become a business mate

And the it’s time you realised it mate not get caught up in this sentimental stuff while we get left behind.

ole was a legend as a player but this whole exit video is totally not needed. he should keep his head down, maybe come abs present a end of season award on the pitch at ot so he can get his applause for __________ (personally i don’t know what but that’s for you lot).

I still like ole as a person but that’s it tbh
Are you wilfully ignoring the point or just thick?

Stop talking about him failing and needing to move on like anyone is arguing otherwise. You know there is room for emotion, sentiment AND a practical decision. Especially when they don’t conflict. Which is the case here. Two things happening at once. Crazy, I know.

And yes, I’m aware that football is a business, you patronising £#%&!ing balloon head.

Unread 21-11-2021, 08:54 PM
puressence

It’s no coincidence that the two biggest @#%&!s on the forum never set foot in Manchester or the ground have constantly posted after a defeat , but are
Totally silent when we win. Yeah the chuckle
Brothers Marlo and saffers.

Unread 21-11-2021, 08:55 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
Interesting twist. Saffers, having seen Marlo consigned to the frozen wastes, is now looking to get back in the warm, loving tent. But he would know, coming from the cold, cold north.
What twist you weirdo.

I havent been the one abusing Ole and calling him names.

Some of the ones pretending to be emotional in this thread have done that though. But thats none of my business.

Ive simply said what ive always said, he was never good enough to be United manager and its a shame that he had to go through this.

Unread 21-11-2021, 08:56 PM
armchair

This is like if Lady Di crashed into the twin towers.

Unread 21-11-2021, 08:57 PM
avocado

Quote:
What twist you weirdo.

Some of the ones pretending to be emotional in this thread have done that though. But thats none of my business.

Ive simply said what ive always said, he was never good enough to be United manager and its a shame that he had to go through this.
No . You just abused those that had the temerity to disagree with your view.

Unread 21-11-2021, 08:57 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
What twist you weirdo.

Careful now. No need to go all Scouse.

Unread 21-11-2021, 08:58 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:

Yep, that’s all you’ve ever said on the matter.

Unread 21-11-2021, 09:17 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
It’s no coincidence that the two biggest @#%&!s on the forum never set foot in Manchester or the ground have constantly posted after a defeat , but are
Stop this stupid narrative ...
you and i both know i used to go to OT regularly , sort people out spares on the ticket forum on red issue

how arrogant are you to think that because my opinion differs to yours I’m some OOT
And for the record you don’t have to live in manchester to support United. It’s idiots like you that want it both ways, you claim United are so big yet chastise and ridicule anyone not from manchester for supporting United.

I’ve got all night mate so if you guys want to be performative and lay into me go ahead!

Unread 21-11-2021, 09:19 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Stop this stupid narrative ...
you and i both know i used to go to OT regularly , sort people out spares on the ticket forum on red issue

how arrogant are you to think that because my opinion differs to yours I’m some OOT
And for the record you don’t have to live in manchester to support United. It’s idiots like you that want it both ways, you claim United are so big yet chastise and ridicule anyone not from manchester for supporting United.

I’ve got all night mate so if you guys want to be performative and lay into me go ahead!
Must be leg day.

Unread 21-11-2021, 09:25 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Are you wilfully ignoring the point or just thick?

Stop talking about him failing and needing to move on like anyone is arguing otherwise. You know there is room for emotion, sentiment AND a practical decision. Especially when they don’t conflict. Which is the case here. Two things happening at once. Crazy, I know.

And yes, I’m aware that football is a business, you patronising £#%&!ing balloon head.
That’s the problem. there should be no emotion or sentiment when sacking a well paid man for one of the most coveted football managerial positions in the world

It’s a results based business.

this whole episode is making it look like ole has been hard done by. It’s never the case.
No one has done him dirty, the angle he is coming in at you’d think he couldn’t resign at any point if he realised he was serving any purpose to the club he loves so much.

he didn’t do his job well and has been sacked. we don’t need a exit video and we aren’t doing ourselves any favours by lingering down this emotional corridor.

the top 20 list of United legends....

Or should i wait until after the funeral I’m assuming we will be having for ole.

Unread 21-11-2021, 09:28 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder

#bringhimhome

Unread 21-11-2021, 09:29 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
That’s the problem. there should be no emotion or sentiment when sacking a well paid man for one of the most coveted football managerial positions in the world

It’s a results based business.

this whole episode is making it look like ole has been hard done by. It’s never the case.
No one has done him dirty, the angle he is coming in at you’d think he couldn’t resign at any point if he realised he was serving any purpose to the club he loves so much.

he didn’t do his job well and has been sacked. we don’t need a exit video and we aren’t doing ourselves any favours by lingering down this emotional corridor.
Once again, Marlo, the two aren’t mutually exclusive. We can all agree it’s right that he goes. We can ruthlessly make that choice without emotion, but then also recognise that he’s a good man, a club legend and feel sad for the situation and for him.

Two things happening at once. Absolutely mental stuff.

Football is a business, yes, but that’s not why we watch. There’s emotion there. Otherwise what’s the point?

You, however, can’t grasp this and see or solely as a business, which is why I don’t want to hear you lying about liking the guy or hoping he does well, because you don’t give a shit. You don’t care about him, the club and your whole thing on here is about looking good and being right.

Hence, £#%&! off 👍

Unread 21-11-2021, 09:30 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Not YOU calling someone else the biggest.

A few years ago i was told to lay off our forum feuds as you’re likely to eat when depressed and you are getting to the dangerous stage of your obesity battle so let’s keep things respectful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Once again, Marlo, the two aren’t mutually exclusive. We can all agree it’s right that he goes. We can ruthlessly make that choice without emotion, but then also recognise that he’s a good man, a club legend and feel sad for the situation and for him.

Two things happening at once. Absolutely mental stuff.
do you think i care if my clubs football manager is a “good man”?

A club legend yes but as a player!

I can’t feel sad for a man mismanaged our players the way he did while taking home tens of millions over 3 years.

has van de beek posted his tribute to ole on IG yet?

Unread 21-11-2021, 09:58 PM
Medlock

Love Ole. I can remember every goal he ever scored for us like it was yesterday. Thought he did well as a manager overall until this season. Either way, a genuine legend and an example of what makes United special
Closed Thread