United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-04-2021, 12:42 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
When did you give up your tickets ? Funny how when things start to get going there's voices slating them from behind a computer screen...
It's the United way.

Some will stand up and be counted, the rest will sit back and moan about those that are doing something rather than addressing an actual problem.

The accounts on twitter #GGMU #OleIn #OleOut are a whole different kettle of fish and are pretty irrelevant in any protests, they'll just give a false idea of any numbers we're looking at.

Unread 22-04-2021, 12:57 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
We know you’re not, but you’re having a dig at somebody who is
Why get Ole to speak out against the owners and put his job at risk?

Unless you're an Ole-outer?

Better ways to protest the ownership but we know the vast majority won't give up their season tickets (2005 for me before you ask).

Unread 22-04-2021, 01:01 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Why get Ole to speak out against the owners and put his job at risk?

Unless you're an Ole-outer?

Better ways to protest the ownership but we know the vast majority won't give up their season tickets (2005 for me before you ask).
Oles never been in a stronger position to not be sacked, due to on the pitch and off.

Come out and say "LADS DONT FUND THESE @#%&!S, STOP COMING TO GAMES, WOODY TRIED TO SACK ME TWICE. 51% OR £#%&! OFF!"

With the nation still in mourning for PP and angry about ESL, they wont get rid or they know the mega store will be set on fire by BLM and looted.

Unread 22-04-2021, 01:55 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Oles never been in a stronger position to not be sacked, due to on the pitch and off.

Come out and say "LADS DONT FUND THESE @#%&!S, STOP COMING TO GAMES, WOODY TRIED TO SACK ME TWICE. 51% OR £#%&! OFF!"

With the nation still in mourning for PP and angry about ESL, they wont get rid or they know the mega store will be set on fire by BLM and looted.
You'll excuse me if I won't take your opinion too seriously, given you're a complete sack the manager.

Unread 22-04-2021, 02:45 PM
ScarFace

Carrick can £#%&! off too..

Unread 22-04-2021, 02:52 PM
20LEgend1999

And when confronted about the Glazers taking money out of the club, apparently Fletcher said "talk about net spend, fella".

Unread 22-04-2021, 02:55 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
And when confronted about the Glazers taking money out of the club, apparently Fletcher said "talk about net spend, fella".
While dancing on the spot waiting for Maguire to finish in the loo.

Pop

Then soiled himself

92ToBury

Let's be honest, though. What did they expect to achieve from today? Expect the players and staff to just denounce the owners and quit the club?

Unread 22-04-2021, 03:00 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Let's be honest, though. What did they expect to achieve from today? Expect the players and staff to just denounce the owners and quit the club?
They did something which is 100% more than anyone that sits back and laughs at it but whinges about the Glazers and the manager not being backed in the transfer window.

Unread 22-04-2021, 03:01 PM
utd99

Quote:
Exactly. I wonder how many people expecting Ole to commit professional suicide work for utter @#%&!s and have sent a company wide e-mail calling them out?

Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
We know you’re not, but you’re having a dig at somebody who is
Oh £#%&! me; cavalry’s here. I though a human centipede required 3 or more.

Live and learn.

Unread 22-04-2021, 03:09 PM
goldfinger II

Sure, let's just eat ourselves and be done with it.

Unread 22-04-2021, 03:11 PM
avocado

I'm sure Joel does love the "club". Why wouldn't he love something that cost him nothing and pays him millions? He just doesn't love it in the way we do .....

Unread 22-04-2021, 03:13 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Exactly. I wonder how many people expecting Ole to commit professional suicide work for utter @#%&!s and have sent a company wide e-mail calling them out?

Exactly.

Oh £#%&! me; cavalry’s here. I though a human centipede required 3 or more.

Live and learn.
Agree that its childish to expect Ole to commit career suicide but have sympathy with Ryan's support of the protest

It doesn't hurt to let the players and managers experience the depth of feeling of the fans fist hand from time to time

Unread 22-04-2021, 03:13 PM
utd99

Funny how all these crusaders from the other SL clubs haven’t done anything close to what Solskjaer was expected to do today. Klopp even diluted his previous generic position when confronted; but he’s a hero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
Agree that its childish to expect Ole to commit career suicide but have sympathy with Ryan's support of the protest

It doesn't hurt to let the players and managers experience the depth of feeling of the fans fist hand from time to time
Correct, but have the nous to confront the right people. None of our players or manager caused this. They’ve all been in an impossible situation since the announcement.

Unread 22-04-2021, 03:22 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:

Correct, but have the nous to confront the right people. None of our players or manager caused this. They’ve all been in an impossible situation since the announcement.
As this week has shown, the players do have some power however limited, it doesn't hurt to try and use that. How are the protesters meant to get in front of the Glazers?

Unread 22-04-2021, 03:25 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Are you for real ?

Pray tell how protestors are to get a sit down meeting with Joel, a nice chat over a coffee ?

Sorry lads, thanks for getting in and bringing your banners but you've gone the wrong place...

You haven't a single clue have you...

Unread 22-04-2021, 03:26 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
As this week has shown, the players do have some power however limited, it doesn't hurt to try and use that. How are the protesters meant to get in front of the Glazers?

Unread 22-04-2021, 03:27 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Funny how all these crusaders from the other SL clubs haven’t done anything close to what Solskjaer was expected to do today. Klopp even diluted his previous generic position when confronted; but he’s a hero.

I think it’s going over your head a bit.

Some fans have gone to Carrington and interrupted training to show they’re not happy with the owners and how the club has been treated both recently and over the last 15 years.

I’m sure they know that the manager isn’t in charge of the club and that he doesn’t make the important decisions with how the club is run. I doubt they expected the manager to agree with them on the Glazers but they had the rare opportunity to communicate with him face to face and it was probably worth a try.

What they’ve done has gained media coverage and has impacted the club more than venting on Twitter or a football forum.

Unread 22-04-2021, 03:33 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
I think it’s going over your head a bit.

Some fans have gone to Carrington and interrupted training to show they’re not happy with the owners and how the club has been treated both recently and over the last 15 years.

I’m sure they know that the manager isn’t in charge of the club and that he doesn’t make the important decisions with how the club is run. I doubt they expected the manager to agree with them on the Glazers but they had the rare opportunity to communicate with him face to face and it was probably worth a try.

What they’ve done has gained media coverage and has impacted the club more than venting on Twitter or a football forum.
Spot on mate...
Closed Thread