United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic

Unread 25-10-2020, 10:28 AM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
Had an Irish setter as a kid max, beautiful mohogany colour....used to warn my feet on him before school.....

Also had a Weimaraner.....ash. mad as a box of frogs..

Don't really do lazy or toy dogs....
Always wanted a weirmeraner, beautiful dogs.

Got a Jack shit (Jack Russell/Schitzu cross). Love it more than most people.....

Been toying with getting a third, maybe a parson's Jack. Never heard of a patterdale before this thread but they look an option.

Unread 25-10-2020, 10:29 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream View Post
Fuuuck. Sorry to hear that.

I keep thinking about getting a dog but.... nah.
You should definitely get one. They are far superior to people. Try not to buy one though. Get an abandoned stray.

Unread 25-10-2020, 10:52 AM
gigi1744

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post

I had 16 years of a patterdale......they never slow down.

Peter Pan of the dog world....

Hope i get the same life from mine mate , cracking dogs

Unread 25-10-2020, 11:04 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi1744 View Post

Hope i get the same life from mine mate , cracking dogs

Miss my mate..

Unread 25-10-2020, 11:58 AM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's View Post
you should, they're ace / little pricks

for example: this one, butter wouldnt melt, the f***er had me up at 03:30am because he needed the loo, i've been up since.

prick.

Careful, there's a bee on your bed !

My teddy got stung by a c*** wasp last week in the house. Was limping and shuddering in pain all night. Was awful. I pulled out the sting with tweezers ( which was a c*** to do as he was in pain. didnt think they left it in ). Gave him dog antihistamines i had from the last sting in the summer.

Its made him nervous of the area in the hall where it happened. To the point i have to carry him over it as he refuses to walk by.

Wasps are number 1 on my death list now.

Unread 25-10-2020, 01:34 PM
DuanePipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream View Post
Fuuuck. Sorry to hear that.

I keep thinking about getting a dog but.... nah.
I've got a bit of insight in to whether a person should get or dog or not.

Something like this: anyone who's denied themself a dog for a long time is usually the most suitable to have one.

People who really think it through, toy with the idea but then reject it often are usually the best dog owners. They're usually the demographic who looks after the dog best and the people who least regret getting a dog.

It's the people who just decide to go out and get a dog on a whim that you have to watch for. Or people that do absolutely zero research in to breeds.

My favourite breed is the English Springer Spaniel. I haven't owned one for 20+ years, because lifestyle not right for that breed. But I've had at least two dogs on the go in the past two decades and I'm glad of it.

I think you'd suit a dog.

Patterdale's getting a good rep in the last few posts, I'd vouch for any Patterdale in any court of law in the land. Brilliant dogs. Border Terriers too.

Unread 25-10-2020, 07:42 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuanePipe View Post
I've got a bit of insight in to whether a person should get or dog or not.

Something like this: anyone who's denied themself a dog for a long time is usually the most suitable to have one.

People who really think it through, toy with the idea but then reject it often are usually the best dog owners. They're usually the demographic who looks after the dog best and the people who least regret getting a dog.

It's the people who just decide to go out and get a dog on a whim that you have to watch for. Or people that do absolutely zero research in to breeds.

My favourite breed is the English Springer Spaniel. I haven't owned one for 20+ years, because lifestyle not right for that breed. But I've had at least two dogs on the go in the past two decades and I'm glad of it.

I think you'd suit a dog.

Patterdale's getting a good rep in the last few posts, I'd vouch for any Patterdale in any court of law in the land. Brilliant dogs. Border Terriers too.
Could you post a link to your second hand / rescue dogs website . Ta

Unread 25-10-2020, 07:53 PM
DuanePipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker View Post
Could you post a link to your second hand / rescue dogs website . Ta
Oh I definitely can do that

https://www.dogsblog.com/

(we should hit our 60,000 dog rehomed before the end of the year)

Unread 26-10-2020, 01:49 PM
plopborsky

so sorry to hear croberts and armers dogs go to the final doggy daycare its awful i still get upset about my guy passing earlier this year.

Having two new dogs helps nqat but still miss the crazy f***er

mini ploppys dress the little guys up

Last edited by plopborsky; 26-10-2020 at 01:58 PM.

Unread 26-10-2020, 06:04 PM
goldfinger II

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuanePipe View Post
Oh I definitely can do that

https://www.dogsblog.com/

(we should hit our 60,000 dog rehomed before the end of the year)
Amazing work, Duane. Fair play