United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-10-2010, 05:38 PM
Switching Off

Default Re: today's games

That's 4 good chances for villa in 7 minutes. 6-0 Chelsea.

Unread 16-10-2010, 05:39 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
That's 4 good chances for villa in 7 minutes. 6-0 Chelsea.
i forgot they were playing tbh. I think i'll spare myself the torture.

Unread 16-10-2010, 05:43 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
i forgot they were playing tbh. I think i'll spare myself the torture.
I don't think anything Chelsea do is really going to have much effect on our season tbh.

Unread 16-10-2010, 05:46 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
I don't think anything Chelsea do is really going to have much effect on our season tbh.
Might have to start sticking up for them to avoid City winning the league at this rate

On another subject, heard on the radio that Jack Wilshire got sent off for an horrendous challenge on Zigic. Presume Wenger will be leaving him out of the team for as long as it takes Zigic to recover.

Unread 16-10-2010, 05:54 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Might have to start sticking up for them to avoid City winning the league at this rate
This.

Seriously. It's a pretty bleak position to be in, but I think we're left with Chelsea as a security net again.

I'm not suggesting City have the charector or the know-how for a Title challenge, but stranger things have happened.

Still when there's no Value in the market & your best player is either injured or a shadow of what he once was you'll cling onto anything.

Unread 16-10-2010, 06:00 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Seriously, anyone who thinks City will even be top 3 is a dick head.

Absolutely no chance. They drop points in easy games. They win at City and suddenly everyone thinks they're title challengers. they did the same last season, they're not up to it.

When Mancini is sacked and a manager is brought in with some attacking formations and tactics, then ill be worried.

Unread 16-10-2010, 06:01 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon

Absolutely no chance. They drop points in easy games. They win at City and suddenly everyone thinks they're title challengers. they did the same last season, they're not up to it.

When Mancini is sacked and a manager is brought in with some attacking formations and tactics, then ill be worried.
West Brom at home.

Everton away after being 2 up after 90 mins.

Fulham in the 90th minute.

Yep, city...the silly @#%&!s.

Unread 16-10-2010, 06:03 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
West Brom at home.

Everton away after being 2 up after 90 mins.

Fulham in the 90th minute.

Yep, city...the silly @#%&!s.
I wasn't talking about us. I don't think we'll win the league.

Unread 16-10-2010, 06:04 PM
Coracao

Quote:
I wasn't talking about us. I don't think we'll win the league.
You said top 3. Mong.

Unread 16-10-2010, 06:06 PM
Switching Off

Quote:

I was joking tbf but wouldn't surprise me if they did finish top 3. Still think we'll be top 2 with Chelsea, and Spurs, Arse and City will fight it out for the next three spots. All three are capable of dropping silly points although City are probably better placed to cope with injuries, just through sheer numbers. If VDV and Bale get injured Spurs could struggle.

Unread 16-10-2010, 06:06 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
You said top 3. Mong.
Yes, that doesn't necessarily mean we'll finish in that top 3 does it.

Why do you have to react like that, picking for an argument? Would it be impossible for you to just accept the fact i dont think they'll win the league based on the fact they drop too many easy points?

Unread 16-10-2010, 06:08 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Yes, that doesn't necessarily mean we'll finish in that top 3 does it.

Why do you have to react like that, picking for an argument? Would it be impossible for you to just accept the fact i dont think they'll win the league based on the fact they drop too many easy points?
Slagging off city for dropping easy points is laughable.

Name your top 3, as it obviously doesn't include united and city for this reason.

Unread 16-10-2010, 06:10 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Slagging off city for dropping easy points is laughable.

Name your top 3, as it obviously doesn't include united and city for this reason.
I didn't 'slag off city' I based my verdict on them not winning the premiership on the fact they drop too many easy points.

I refuse to get into an argument with you.

Unread 16-10-2010, 06:12 PM
Switching Off

Coracao, last night I dreamt that Sullers posted that you were in Soldier Soldier as a kid. You got the part because it was based on a real person that you were related to. Looked you up on imdb and it was true. Odd.

Unread 16-10-2010, 06:12 PM
Coracao

Quote:
I didn't 'slag off city' I based my verdict on them not winning the premiership on the fact they drop too many easy points.

I refuse to get into an argument with you.

You said anyone suggesting they'd get in the top 3 is a #@&%!.

Name your top 3.

Unread 16-10-2010, 06:13 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
This.

Seriously. It's a pretty bleak position to be in, but I think we're left with Chelsea as a security net again.

I'm not suggesting City have the charector or the know-how for a Title challenge, but stranger things have happened.

Still when there's no Value in the market & your best player is either injured or a shadow of what he once was you'll cling onto anything.
We're just carrying on from last year. Our season being defined by what city do or don't manage. Shows how far they've come and we've fallen away.

City could quite easily break into the top 3, never mind 4. It's not an outrages suggestion at all. How many teams in the League will be better over the season? Not us if we carry on like this. Maybe Spurs, but I doubt it. After that there's no one.

Unread 16-10-2010, 06:13 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
You said anyone suggesting they'd get in the top 3 is a #@&%!.

Name your top 3.
Nope, have a nice night

Unread 16-10-2010, 06:14 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Nope, have a nice night

Talking utter shite then.

Unread 16-10-2010, 06:15 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:

Talking utter shite then.
Ok babe

Unread 16-10-2010, 06:19 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
We're just carrying on from last year. Our season being defined by what city do or don't manage. Shows how far they've come and we've fallen away.
True, but at least last season we were good enough to smash City's dreams ourselves + we had Wazza in the goalscoring form of his career.

I lay the doom on a bit thick at times for 'bants' ...but I genuinely am struggling to find any positives from the start of our campaign.
The Liverpool win was great, but even that could have gone horribly wrong.
I know I'll get shot down for this, but I still don't know if Berbatov is a United player...I'm still not sure if he has a strong enough charector.
Where was he today in that last half an hour??
Closed Thread