United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-11-2020, 07:24 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
happy to stand by that assessment. obviously, he's not completely shit, same as pogba isn't completely shit, but he is wrong for transfer policy, wrong for our style of play, wrong age-wise and really not that mobile or reliable as a finisher. it's a no from me.

happy for his goals today, though (indeed, would be happy for him to score 30 goals this season).
How is he wrong for our style of play ?

And how is he not mobile enough ? None of our other forwards would have scored that goal today, because they don't move.

Unread 29-11-2020, 07:29 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer
Rashford doesn't make our strongest 11 imo.

I also think his game is better suited coming off the bench.
Noted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
but he is wrong for transfer policy, wrong for our style of play, wrong age-wise and really not that mobile or reliable as a finisher.
But he's just won us the game. There's a reason people like you are people like you.

Unread 29-11-2020, 07:35 PM
thatsfuctit

Unread 29-11-2020, 07:35 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
happy to stand by that assessment. obviously, he's not completely shit, same as pogba isn't completely shit, but he is wrong for transfer policy, wrong for our style of play, wrong age-wise and really not that mobile or reliable as a finisher. it's a no from me.

happy for his goals today, though (indeed, would be happy for him to score 30 goals this season).
IRL apology video

Unread 29-11-2020, 07:43 PM
Ethers

Not mobile

Unread 29-11-2020, 07:45 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

He did more in 45 mins than pogba has done last 12 months. Fact

Unread 29-11-2020, 07:49 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Not mobile
Tbf you could see his lack of mobility on those two goals today.

Unread 29-11-2020, 08:15 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker

Currently experiencing a bit of dissonance with the Robin Hood archer thing and the El Matador branding

Can live with it though
Nice of him to take time out to politely greet his fans

Unread 29-11-2020, 08:40 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker

Currently experiencing a bit of dissonance with the Robin Hood archer thing and the El Matador branding

Can live with it though
So it was a traditional Uruguayan term of affection after all

Unread 29-11-2020, 08:44 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
He did more in 45 mins than pogba has done last 12 months. Fact
ok, on that basis, he's a great player. but so is dan james.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Tbf you could see his lack of mobility on those two goals today.
clever movement in the box (even if one was from a deflection) is not the same as getting around the pitch quickly. he's an experienced centre forward, but the idea he's mobile like martial and rashford.... by that standard, mata is mobile. mata makes clever runs and covers more ground than cav, but he is not mobile.

Unread 29-11-2020, 08:45 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
So it was a traditional Uruguayan term of affection after all
If only Suarez had thought to use it...

Unread 29-11-2020, 08:47 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

clever movement in the box (even if one was from a deflection) is not the same as getting around the pitch quickly. he's an experienced centre forward, but the idea he's mobile like martial and rashford.... by that standard, mata is mobile. mata makes clever runs and covers more ground than cav, but he is not mobile.
This guys still posting....

Unread 29-11-2020, 08:52 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
If only Suarez had thought to use it...
Tbf either is acceptable/unacceptable per context, my little one is referred to as chino/chinito (not a reference to Heath’s Tokyo optician)

Unread 29-11-2020, 08:53 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
This guys still posting....
I'm never going to accept the transfer strategy. I'll take the goals.

Unread 29-11-2020, 08:57 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

He moves more then our young 'talented' forwards.

Unread 29-11-2020, 08:57 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I'm never going to accept the transfer strategy. I'll take the goals.
Not applicable ..

IRL APOLOGY

Unread 29-11-2020, 08:59 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

You pushed it with the Fosu-Mensah stuff mate. Leave it now.

Unread 29-11-2020, 09:01 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
You pushed it with the Fosu-Mensah stuff mate. Leave it now.
tfm has never let us down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
He moves more then our young 'talented' forwards.
they move quickly and from one end of the pitch to the other. they're just not clever in the final third.

Unread 29-11-2020, 09:07 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

they move quickly and from one end of the pitch to the other. they're just not clever in the final third.
So utterly pointless then.

Unread 29-11-2020, 09:12 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Tbf either is acceptable/unacceptable per context, my little one is referred to as chino/chinito (not a reference to Heath’s Tokyo optician)
Point being that Suarez never said negrito did he? Wasn’t It the scousers’ numerous Uruguayan wives making it up?
Closed Thread