United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-02-2021, 08:27 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
That’s probably because we put far more onus on protecting the defence and avoiding our penchant for giving away soft as shit goals in the bigger games.
Is our game against city the most recent one they have failed to win? They blatantly set up for a 0-0 then too.

Unread 07-02-2021, 09:48 PM
Sandman

Can't stand big gangly footballers, it ruins the aesthetic of the game, it's very un-United, £#%&! him.

Unread 07-02-2021, 10:21 PM
Cream

Quote:
Outside bet Chelsea, but he’ll be going to City to replace Aguero.

I think the lad and Raiola would prefer to take him to Barca, but they haven’t got a pot to piss in.
Didn’t he have a spat with Pep over the Pogba thing?

We can’t talk about getting a director of football in at the same time as saying ‘ooh sign this shiny thing for 200 million with his fat @#%&! agent ever lurking’.

Unread 07-02-2021, 10:42 PM
avocado

Quote:
I think I’m with you on this one... something about him doesn’t sit right. When I watch him I’m struck by how ungainly and clumsy he is more than anything, he gets goals and is fast as £#%&!, nqat, but Dortmund have hardly gone from strength to strength since his arrival and he started scoring..
He’s not sleek. Not an easy transition to the Premier League. £200M would be a gamble. Would we sign the son of Lee, Bell or Summerbee - no matter how good? (and please don’t reply Peter Barnes).

Unread 07-02-2021, 11:10 PM
armchair

If he had a different agent maybe. No interest in signing him only for him to be linked with real etc from the day he joined us. Pass.

Unread 08-02-2021, 12:34 AM
Medlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
He’s not sleek. Not an easy transition to the Premier League. £200M would be a gamble. Would we sign the son of Lee, Bell or Summerbee - no matter how good? (and please don’t reply Peter Barnes).
I wouldn’t anyway

Unread 08-02-2021, 12:48 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
With the state of football after what will be well over a year of no crowds (possibly two without full grounds) there is absolutely zero chance of anybody going for 200 mil any time soon.

Clubs are going to be struggling for a good long while yet. United have lost out on over 100 million in matchday revenue during all this so i fully expect us to be shopping in the bargain basement for a while.

Unread 08-02-2021, 12:57 AM
Stickman

Quote:
I think I’m with you on this one... something about him doesn’t sit right. When I watch him I’m struck by how ungainly and clumsy he is more than anything, he gets goals and is fast as £#%&!, nqat, but Dortmund have hardly gone from strength to strength since his arrival and he started scoring..
Im there with him too, don't particularly want him and there's something extremely irritating about him.

Unread 08-02-2021, 01:15 AM
tatty

Quote:
Different situation though.

In the early/mid 90's we didn't need Rob Lee or Nicky Summerbee because we had an amazing midfield.

Haland is a fantastic striker and would transform us but we will end up being used to inflate the eventual price paid by City or PSG.

And even in the very unlikely event we signed him there would be endless stories planted that he was looking to move on.

Great player but not for me.

Unread 08-02-2021, 01:22 AM
Slice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Im there with him too, don't particularly want him and there's something extremely irritating about him.
Affectionately known by German fans as "pork head"

Unread 08-02-2021, 01:27 AM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice
Affectionately known by German fans as "pork head"
Off the scale irony there.

Unread 08-02-2021, 03:01 AM
shenwen

£#%&! him. £#%&! his agent. £#%&! his dad.

we need to be better than that.

let him go to city. he'll fit in well. it's not the end of the world ffs.

Unread 08-02-2021, 07:01 AM
believe

I'm assuming those that don't want him are the same people who didn't want Rooney.

We'll never get him in a million years but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be after him if we ever want to get back to where we want to be.

Unread 08-02-2021, 08:32 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
With the state of football after what will be well over a year of no crowds (possibly two without full grounds) there is absolutely zero chance of anybody going for 200 mil any time soon.

Clubs are going to be struggling for a good long while yet. United have lost out on over 100 million in matchday revenue during all this so i fully expect us to be shopping in the bargain basement for a while.
This.

If we tried to sign him it would end up being some sort of disastrous drip, drip deal where we'd still be paying out stupid money on a yearly basis to Dortmund long after the shitbag has unsettled Haaland and maneuvered another transfer away from the club for him.

For as good as he is, the shitbag would guarantee extortionate costs and constant issues with him at the club.

If he had a different agent then we should be looking at throwing the kitchen sink at bringing the lad in. As it is, £#%&! him.

Unread 08-02-2021, 08:43 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I'm assuming those that don't want him are the same people who didn't want Rooney.

We'll never get him in a million years but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be after him if we ever want to get back to where we want to be.
were there many (any?) who didn't want us to sign the best young footballer in England? I don't remember that too well.

and if we have no chance at all of signing him, what's the point of trying?

Unread 08-02-2021, 08:45 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe

no pal just the fans sick of his @#%&! agent .. replay and rewind every two years .. has £#%&! all to do with haaland for me personally

Unread 09-02-2021, 04:27 PM
Vida_15

With Dortmund losing money and struggling in the league...if they miss out on the CL along iwth the record losses this year, they may be forced to sell Haaland and/or Sancho for a hell of a lot less than we were quoted for them last summer

Unread 09-02-2021, 04:56 PM
Surfers do Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida_15
With Dortmund losing money and struggling in the league...if they miss out on the CL along iwth the record losses this year, they may be forced to sell Haaland and/or Sancho for a hell of a lot less than we were quoted for them last summer
All part of Ed's plan

Unread 09-02-2021, 05:02 PM
Vida_15

either way....this is going to be a very interesting summer transfer window due to the losses financially for so many clubs

Unread 09-02-2021, 05:33 PM
saffers

Madrid talk IS hotting up.

They are corrupt and will find money somehow.
Closed Thread