United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-04-2021, 09:02 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Because we're an actual football club and business as opposed to the plaything of a billionaire despot in charge of an entire nation.
Every properly run football club will be struggling.

City, PSG and Chelsea will throw it about like nothing's wrong. I have no idea what Barca are doing considering they apparently couldn't pay their players the other £#%&!ing month.

Unread 02-04-2021, 09:10 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

City, PSG and Chelsea will throw it about like nothing's wrong. I have no idea what Barca are doing considering they apparently couldn't pay their players the other £#%&!ing month.
I reckon Messi is definitely leaving; they’ll save plenty just by not paying him anymore, and they know they’ll have to make some kind of statement signing to appease the fans.

Unread 02-04-2021, 09:27 PM
dunk

Quote:

Pep has claimed City are broke as well.

Suppose it's harder to cook the books when there's 30 thousand fictional fans paying premium prices not attending every week

Dortmund could really do with us wading in with a big deal for Sancho, strengthen their position with Haaland's fee

Unread 02-04-2021, 09:29 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Pep has claimed City are broke as well.

Suppose it's harder to cook the books when there's 30 thousand fictional fans paying premium prices not attending every week
They'll sign a new sponsorship with the Abu Dhabi water company next week i'm sure for 600 million a season

Unread 02-04-2021, 10:21 PM
dunk

Quote:
They'll sign a new sponsorship with the Abu Dhabi water company next week i'm sure for 600 million a season
Probably

Reckon any big deal this summer is going to be heavily split into installments, which probably doesn't rule us out..

Unread 03-04-2021, 10:23 AM
utd99

It’s about improving incrementally and we have three positions crying out for an upgrade, CF, CM and CB. £#%&! Sancho, I want to see what Diallo can do with a proper run in the team and how AWB responds to some proper competition, like Laird, for his place. Recruit proper upgrades in those positions and we’re a different proposition.

We have a team of people scouring the world for Centre Forwards; if the only players they’re coming up with are Haaland and Kane then any one of us could do that job for a lot less money and effort.

Unread 03-04-2021, 10:32 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
It’s about improving incrementally and we have three positions crying out for an upgrade, CF, CM and CB. £#%&! Sancho, I want to see what Diallo can do with a proper run in the team and how AWB responds to some proper competition, like Laird, for his place. Recruit proper upgrades in those positions and we’re a different proposition.

We have a team of people scouring the world for Centre Forwards; if the only players they’re coming up with are Haaland and Kane then any one of us could do that job for a lot less money and effort.
I’m convinced half of the reports these days are from journos who just play Fifa and Football Manager. Every year, you get a few players who have high “potential” ratings, and every year it’s those players that get linked with us and a few other big clubs. Very rarely do they actually turn out true.

Funny thing is over the years I’ve seen more players on the Fifa and FM database with massive potentials turn into utter duds, and players (Kane being one of them) who weren’t rated at all turn into world class players.

As you say, they’re out there, it just requires some actual proper scouting. Ole’s comments are promising re: players we’ve not read linked to us being the kind we sign. Just hope it doesn’t mean we’re signing no marks.

Unread 03-04-2021, 10:53 AM
utd99

We should probably start with anyone who scores more than 4 league goals and runs further than De Gea and work from there.

Unread 03-04-2021, 10:57 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
We should probably start with anyone who scores more than 4 league goals and runs further than De Gea and work from there.

Unread 03-04-2021, 11:01 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Tbf to Greenwood he needs more playing time. I’m sure he’ll do better next season.

Unread 03-04-2021, 11:06 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Tbf to Greenwood he needs more playing time. I’m sure he’ll do better next season.
Dan James has scored the same number of goals but played 1000 fewer minutes. Oof.

Unread 03-04-2021, 11:20 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Disgusting

Unread 03-04-2021, 04:22 PM
Buck

Wondered how Griezmann was doing since I don't hear much about him anymore after years of similar manufactured transfer hype. 29 goals in 88 games for Barca after costing €120M. Atletico are top of the league without him so grass isn't always greener. He disrespected them in a similar way to how Haaland through his agent is with Dortmund.

Unread 03-04-2021, 04:25 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Wondered how Griezmann was doing since I don't hear much about him anymore after years of similar manufactured transfer hype. 29 goals in 88 games for Barca after costing €120M. Atletico are top of the league without him so grass isn't always greener. He disrespected them in a similar way to how Haaland through his agent is with Dortmund.
Griezmann was 120
Coutinho was 130
Dembele 130

380 million on 3 flops. I used to think we were wasteful with money. £#%&!ing hell.

Unread 03-04-2021, 04:45 PM
Buck

Barcelona's golden period with Pep and a spine of academy products was great timing for them. Players that came of age and stuck around together for a while under a guy who also grew up in that ethos. Everyone looked to them as a blueprint. But as they needed to be replaced the fabled "La Masia" hasn't produced a top level player for a while and they're exposed as just another club throwing money at the problem.

Unread 03-04-2021, 04:46 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Barcelona's golden period with Pep and a spine of academy products was great timing for them. Players that came of age and stuck around together for a while under a guy who also grew up in that ethos. Everyone looked to them as a blueprint. But as they needed to be replaced the fabled "La Masia" hasn't produced a top level player for a while and they're exposed as just another club throwing money at the problem.
it also helps they've had arguably the best player ever to kick a ball in the team for the last 15 years.

Unread 03-04-2021, 04:58 PM
Buck

Quote:
it also helps they've had arguably the best player ever to kick a ball in the team for the last 15 years.
Sure. That makes it all the more incompetent from their management how they bungled replacing the old guard when the main man is still around.

Unread 03-04-2021, 04:59 PM
armchair

He's more a real player than a barca one imo. Any other side signs him now is just borrowing him until his final destination.

Unread 03-04-2021, 05:00 PM
Sparky***

Dortmund lost 2-1 at home today by the way. Whilst Haaland was probably stood about daydreaming of what club he fancies playing for.

Unread 03-04-2021, 05:07 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Dortmund lost 2-1 at home today by the way. Whilst Haaland was probably stood about daydreaming of what club he fancies playing for.
I rather it’s don’t buy him after riolas antics. Riola is a @#%&! keep him away from the club.
Closed Thread