Unread 21-02-2021, 06:47 PM
armchair

I wouldn't go to city if I were him.

Unread 21-02-2021, 07:06 PM
LaPaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
If it's true that Riaola is asking for a basic of £300k per week and a 5 year contract for Haaland he'll be touting him to a very small number of clubs.

Unread 21-02-2021, 07:07 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
me too. but I would insist they sell sterling and jesus first.

Unread 21-02-2021, 07:09 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPaz
If it's true that Riaola is asking for a basic of £300k per week and a 5 year contract for Haaland he'll be touting him to a very small number of clubs.
300k and 5 years seems like a bargain compared to what we're paying others in the squad.

Add in a £250m buy-out clause though.

Unread 21-02-2021, 07:18 PM
Neo

Football

United should be working on some sort of Martial + cash deal for this lad.

Top-class number 9s are the hardest thing to find in world football, and Haaland looks to be the next great one.

He is exactly what we need to lead our attack. Electric pace, physicality, lethal finishing ability, and offensive arrogance.

Flank him with Rashford and Greenwood on either side, and we have the most potent and exciting attack in Europe.

Unread 21-02-2021, 07:19 PM
LaPaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
300k and 5 years seems like a bargain compared to what we're paying others in the squad.

Add in a £250m buy-out clause though.
Yeah but it would be £50m to the club and £200m to Raiola

Unread 21-02-2021, 07:32 PM
Vida_15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
United should be working on some sort of Martial + cash deal for this lad.

Top-class number 9s are the hardest thing to find in world football, and Haaland looks to be the next great one.

He is exactly what we need to lead our attack. Electric pace, physicality, lethal finishing ability, and offensive arrogance.

Flank him with Rashford and Greenwood on either side, and we have the most potent and exciting attack in Europe.
for a guy that you know could be here for years, you pay the amount necessary to get him. he may move on and you sell him for a big price tag if that has to happen but passing over him because of his agent is stupid

Unread 21-02-2021, 07:53 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida_15
for a guy that you know could be here for years, you pay the amount necessary to get him. he may move on and you sell him for a big price tag if that has to happen but passing over him because of his agent is stupid
Take him for a few years and £#%&! him off to Madrid when he and his slug of an agent kick up a fuss, by which time Greenwood will be ready to lead the line

Unread 21-02-2021, 08:02 PM
Vida_15

sure....you pay 75m for him and have him in the club for 4-5 years and then see what happens

haaland, rashers and greenwood wiht bruno would be £#%&!ing brilliant

Unread 22-02-2021, 09:59 AM
Cream

We’re top scorers in the league. Would seem counter intuitive to break the bank for a striker.

Pogba is going, so we’d need a replacement midfielder.

Raiola obviously has a plan to shift Haaland around between clubs.

According to this thread, he’s not top scorer in the Bundesliga, his team lie sixth in the league. We need a centre back and a midfielder. Bayern exist.

All the signs point to no.

Unread 22-02-2021, 11:58 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
We’re top scorers in the league. Would seem counter intuitive to break the bank for a striker.

Pogba is going, so we’d need a replacement midfielder.

Raiola obviously has a plan to shift Haaland around between clubs.

According to this thread, he’s not top scorer in the Bundesliga, his team lie sixth in the league. We need a centre back and a midfielder. Bayern exist.

All the signs point to no.
Isn't that what Donny is for...

Unread 22-02-2021, 12:02 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Even if he does replace him, we still need a defensive mid. And before you say it, neither The Scottish Player or Fred are defensive midfielders.

Unread 22-02-2021, 12:30 PM
Cream

Quote:
Yeeeahhh....

Unread 22-02-2021, 12:42 PM
AK14

Quote:
Mata’s replacement.

Unread 22-02-2021, 01:53 PM
Surfers do Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida_15
sure....you pay 75m for him and have him in the club for 4-5 years and then see what happens

haaland, rashers and greenwood wiht bruno would be £#%&!ing brilliant
If he's basically a younger version of Cavani then I'm in. Not sure we'd get him for 75m though.

If we could offload Martial to offset the 120m I think Haaland would cost then I think it would be good business.

Unread 22-02-2021, 02:35 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfers do Charlie
If he's basically a younger version of Cavani then I'm in. Not sure we'd get him for 75m though.

If we could offload Martial to offset the 120m I think Haaland would cost then I think it would be good business.
Insist on a swap deal as part payment and I’m in.

No wait, Raiola. OUT.

Unread 22-02-2021, 02:53 PM
shenwen

Should be in for that big lad knocking in some beauties at Inter

Same number of goals as Haland but in a tougher league

Swap Martial for the Dutch lad at Lyon and we’ll be on fire next season

Unread 22-02-2021, 03:28 PM
Vida_15

we want to win the league and challenge for trophies around europe, this is the lad we need up top to do so.

He's the best young CF in europe right now and you put him in the middle with Rashers and Mason, that's the best attacking front 3 in the world with Bruno pulling the strings.

Unread 23-02-2021, 01:47 PM
saffers

Can't take serious anyone who wouldn't pay whatever it takes to bring him to Old Trafford.

Unread 23-02-2021, 02:21 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Can't take serious anyone who wouldn't pay whatever it takes to bring him to Old Trafford.
This.
Closed Thread