United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 25-02-2021, 11:26 PM
Tronics

well that 90mins i'll never get back.

our coaching leaves a lot to be desired. forget a "style of play" we don't even seem to have patterns of play outside of counterattacking and set pieces that can open opposition teams up. felt bad for Amad and Shola 2nd half, hardly touched the ball

nothing we do looks practised or rehearsed in any way. its as if the players are just told to go out there and express yourself themselves, its incredibly baffling

the line-up was bizarre but the 2nd half subs were worse. less said about that the better.

positives, i thought was good going forward, he has a legit wand of a left foot, he put in some great crosses and free-kicks. i'm sold on his defending though, Januzaj tore him apart a couple times, he even nutmegged him just before the break

Henderson another clean sheet and commanding performance in the box, he's a lot better with the ball at his feet than i thought. and Bailly was solid as per usual.

Unread 25-02-2021, 11:30 PM
Medlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics

our coaching leaves a lot to be desired. forget a "style of play" we don't even seem to have patterns of play outside of counterattacking and set pieces that can open opposition teams up. felt bad for Amad and Shola 2nd half, hardly touched the ball

nothing we do looks practised or rehearsed in any way. its as if the players are just told to go out there and express yourself themselves, its incredibly baffling

the line-up was bizarre but the 2nd half subs were worse. less said about that the better.

positives, i thought was good going forward, he has a legit wand of a left foot, he put in some great crosses and free-kicks. i'm sold on his defending though, Januzaj tore him apart a couple times, he even nutmegged him just before the break

Henderson another clean sheet and commanding performance in the box, he's a lot better with the ball at his feet than i thought. and Bailly was solid as per usual.
You really are the most boring @#%&! on the internet

Unread 25-02-2021, 11:31 PM
rubbernecker

Feeling bad for a couple of teenagers playing for United in Europe

Unread 25-02-2021, 11:33 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Glad rashford and Bruno got some minutes...
Cant believe Bruno started a game we could afford to lose 3-0

Unread 26-02-2021, 12:11 AM
avocado

Quote:

Ever heard of a guy called Matt Busby?

Unread 26-02-2021, 12:42 AM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
Ever heard of a guy called Matt Busby?
he's an arsenal fan, herbert sherbert is his hero

Unread 26-02-2021, 01:03 AM
Cream

Quote:

Have you considered tuning in to synchronised swimming?

Unread 26-02-2021, 01:10 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Have you considered tuning in to synchronised swimming?
He should consider tuning into his tele while he’s in the bath and then throwing it in

Unread 26-02-2021, 01:19 AM
Weekend Hussler

Quote:
our coaching leaves a lot to be desired.

Tronics is John O'Kane

Unread 26-02-2021, 01:25 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Hussler
hes right though isnt he. Silly given the current schedule.

Unread 26-02-2021, 02:23 AM
Weekend Hussler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
hes right though isnt he. Silly given the current schedule.
Looking from the outside, we can say he's right, but I'm sure that Ole, the coaches and the sports scientists at the club have got a bit more data to make an informed decision on who needs to be rested and for how long, than internet reds.

#inolewetrust

Unread 26-02-2021, 04:09 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Looking from the outside, we can say he's right, but I'm sure that Ole, the coaches and the sports scientists at the club have got a bit more data to make an informed decision on who needs to be rested and for how long, than internet reds.

#inolewetrust
if you want to go down that path then you can't ever question any of it as they're the pro's and we aren't.

#foldtheforum

Unread 26-02-2021, 07:49 AM
MUFC One Love

Argument may be when you make loads of changes it may effect you in the next game or take a while to get going.

Unread 26-02-2021, 08:52 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
if you want to go down that path then you can't ever question any of it as they're the pro's and we aren't.

#foldtheforum
Well tbf that’s probably right. It’s a condition commonly known as the ‘Jem complex’. In that particular case, the question that’s generated is ‘how can a middle aged banker from Brighton possibly know more about football than the most successful British manager of all time?’

The only logical conclusion leading from the Jem complex is that football forums are for mouthy, over opinionated but grossly unqualified #@&%!s. A dangerous combo but fortunately for the world at large, relatively unheard #@&%!s. And tbf, we all qualify to some extent.

The complex was later re-named the ‘Valencia hypothesis’.

Unread 26-02-2021, 09:14 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Well tbf that’s probably right. It’s a condition commonly known as the ‘Jem complex’. In that particular case, the question that’s generated is ‘how can a middle aged banker from Brighton possibly know more about football than the most successful British manager of all time?’

The only logical conclusion leading from the Jem complex is that football forums are for mouthy, over opinionated but grossly unqualified #@&%!s. A dangerous combo but fortunately for the world at large, relatively unheard #@&%!s. And tbf, we all qualify to some extent.

The complex was later re-named the ‘Valencia hypothesis’.
generous

Unread 26-02-2021, 10:10 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock
You really are the most boring @#%&! on the internet
Literally the first person I've ever put on ignore on the forum. Either a terrible wum or just a #@&%!.

You not him etc.

Unread 26-02-2021, 10:30 AM
shenwen

Pretty certain giving Bruno and Rashford 45 mins each in a tie we'd already won isn't going to make or break the season

What's the news on Cavani, Beek and Pogba? Could do with two of them back sharpish. Cavani in particular. Not fair for Greenwood to carry all the weight up front.

Unread 26-02-2021, 10:35 AM
wiganste

Quote:

We won 4-0 you #@&%!. What did you expect?

Unread 26-02-2021, 11:25 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Yeah it would be much better if he compromised how he played and was half arsed when pulling on the shirt.

I think we might be overstating the rest thing a bit here. If he wants to play and Ole thinks it’s right, then who cares? He played a half too and it was hardly a high intensity one with tackles flying in. He’s a not 37 ffs. He’s in the prime of his career and form and probably doesn’t want a second off the pitch.

Judging Ole’s decisions on the pitch is one thing, but we’ve got to give a little more in terms of trust when it comes to how well prepared a player is for a match and how they look in training, recovery etc. That’s the stuff we get no insight into .

I wish we had more players who were as committed as him.

Unread 26-02-2021, 04:15 PM
Vida_15

Ole said in his post match that he'd rather give Bruno and Rashers 45 minutes than have them miss the game and coming into training the next day full of energy and wanting to push themselves too hard in training

sounds like if they play 45...next day is a recovery day so they don't participate fully in training. a bit of method to the madness?