United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-07-2023, 09:19 AM
NedKelly

Default Women’s World Cup 2023

Surprised there isn’t a thread on this already. Big tournament.

Currently New Zealand are beating Norway 1-0 but the game we’re all looking forward to today is Australia vs Republic of Ireland (that’s Eire, for measly).

Unread 20-07-2023, 09:40 AM
armchair

I'm going to actually watch these.

coygig

Unread 20-07-2023, 11:25 AM
believe

In the last week I’ve watched and enjoyed women’s golf, women’s tennis and women’s cricket. If I wanted to watch a load of shit footballers play football, I’d have someone video our weekly five a side and watch that back.

Hope you enjoy it though.

Unread 20-07-2023, 11:52 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I'm going to actually watch these.

coygig

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
In the last week I’ve watched and enjoyed women’s golf, women’s tennis and women’s cricket. If I wanted to watch a load of shit footballers play football, I’d have someone video our weekly five a side and watch that back.

Hope you enjoy it though.
Thanks buddy.

Unread 20-07-2023, 12:56 PM
est.1878

Think I'd be inclined to watch it more if it didn't have completely OTT BBC sport web priority

Unread 22-07-2023, 09:42 AM
NedKelly

The Lionesses roaring into action at 10.30! Come on girls, show the boys how it’s done!

Enough of that Ashes nonsense, time for some real sport

Unread 22-07-2023, 10:16 AM
windy waffles

Lost all respect for this when I saw a headline about a Northern Ireland player not shaking the hand of, and then fighting with, another player because they went on holiday with their ex...

Unread 22-07-2023, 12:36 PM
jem

made the haiti goalkeeper look good. £#%&! me, their crossing (and shooting) is woeful.

Unread 22-07-2023, 12:38 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
made the haiti goalkeeper look good. £#%&! me, their crossing (and shooting) is woeful.
Reminiscent of us last season imo. Can’t see the Lionesses winning this but maybe they’ll pick up momentum as the tournament progresses.

As it stands - it’s not coming home.

Unread 22-07-2023, 01:34 PM
andyroo

Think Haiti have more reason to regret poor finishing than England

McDonald's giving Denmark a good game here

Unread 22-07-2023, 02:00 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
The Lionesses roaring into action at 10.30! Come on girls, show the boys how it’s done!

Enough of that Ashes nonsense, time for some real sport
BOOM! A laboured 1-0 win over footballing heavyweights Haiti.

Unread 22-07-2023, 02:03 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
BOOM! A laboured 1-0 win over footballing heavyweights Haiti.
The word boom instantly reminds me of that Heavy D arsenal fan guy from a few years back

Unread 22-07-2023, 02:03 PM
BigJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Lost all respect for this when I saw a headline about a Northern Ireland player not shaking the hand of, and then fighting with, another player because they went on holiday with their ex...
Right?

If I wanted to watch real housewives I'd watch real £#%&!ing housewives. For that reason, among others, I'm out!

Unread 22-07-2023, 02:07 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJim
Right?

If I wanted to watch real housewives I'd watch real £#%&!ing housewives. For that reason, among others, I'm out!
Haha you guys are proper lads!! Get back in the kitchen girls, am I right lads? Hahaha

Unread 22-07-2023, 02:52 PM
BigJim

Not at all. I watch women's tennis because it's quality and entertaining, not because some random hand-wringer on the internet tells me I should. Similarly, i don't watch women's footy because, quite frankly, it's rubbish.

The real housewives thing was more a commentary on the media and how they love to create boring dramas.

Unread 22-07-2023, 03:01 PM
NedKelly

That’s the funny thing with you misogynists - when challenged by a real man, you all backtrack and try and hide your true colours.

This ad from France does a good job at showing how backwards some football fans are.

Unread 22-07-2023, 03:05 PM
Finport Red

Well, we will soon find out when this real man weighs in for the challenge.

Unread 22-07-2023, 03:21 PM
jem

jammy denmark. I'd have wanted offside there. no keeper is that bad, otherwise*.

Unread 22-07-2023, 03:29 PM
shenwen

Every time I read about women’s football it’s always either about money or misogyny.

After watching that*, I can see why it’s never about the football.

* I didn’t

Unread 22-07-2023, 03:30 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
jammy denmark. I'd have wanted offside there. no keeper is that bad, otherwise*.
Sounds like a nice pastry.
Closed Thread