United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-08-2014, 11:24 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
Rooney or Rvp upfront. Di Maria is an automatic starter,a nd Januzaj needs name time.

Rooney is gash wide in a front three. Doesn't have the legs for it anymore.

If we're going 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 buy a left-back and sell Young .
We just did to add to the one we signed already this summer

Unread 23-08-2014, 11:30 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
We just did to add to the one we signed already this summer
Nah surely Rojo is here to play centre-back.

Bloody expensive back-up left-back no?

Unread 23-08-2014, 11:33 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmufc
The 3 are

Di Maria
Jong
Blind
Then I'm out.

I demand Vidal.

Unread 23-08-2014, 11:35 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Then I'm out.

I demand Vidal.
Yet we'd all be livid if we signed him for £35m and then his knee gives way after 2 weeks.

Unread 23-08-2014, 11:37 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Yet we'd all be livid if we signed him for £35m and then his knee gives way after 2 weeks.
Wouldn't be the first time we'd spent large on a £#%&!ed CM tbf.

Unread 23-08-2014, 11:41 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Wouldn't be the first time we'd spent large on a £#%&!ed CM tbf.
true but it would be a disaster.

anyway, you'd think if United and Juve were going to do a deal then it would have made some progress by now. We've been in touch with them this summer already with Evra so I think this is dead in the water.

Unread 23-08-2014, 11:59 PM
Marvel7

Don't think Di Maria would work as a wing back, also don't think LVG is breaking our transfer record for a wing back, also can't see how Di Maria, Mata, Rooney, Van Persie and Herrera all fit into a system with 3/5 at the back.

We have to go back to a flat back four surely.

De Gea

Rafael---Evans---Rojo---Shaw

Carrick
Herrera-----------Di Maria

Mata

Rooney------Van Persie

Unread 24-08-2014, 12:10 AM
dunk

I reckon Mata is going to miss out tbh.

Unread 24-08-2014, 12:16 AM
wonky no

Quote:
Can't remember having real options from the bench in a long time. Exciting times. Especially with the kids squeezing their heads out the fanny too

Unread 24-08-2014, 02:36 PM
Aman27deep

Unread 24-08-2014, 02:41 PM
charliesharkey

De Gea

Jones --- Evans --- Rojo

Rafael -- Herrera -- Carrick -- Shaw

Mata/Rooney

Van Persie/Rooney --- Di Maria

Unread 24-08-2014, 02:43 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aman27deep
Exactly how I thought LvG would see 433 with only one of Rooney or RvP playing instead of shoehorning Rooney into the side in a wide role when we've got better players for that role than him

Very unbalanced squad

Unread 25-08-2014, 08:59 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:

De Gea
Jones - Evans - Rojo
Rafael - Mata - Herrera - Di Maria - Shaw
Rooney - Van Persie

Neville was saying earlier that he sees Di Maria playing inside Shaw and he's probably right.

But that midfield three is unquestionably unbalanced. So if United do pull their finger out and buy a top class box-to-box player as well as Blind, you have to say the midfield would look better without Mata in it - unless of course Rooney or van Persie is dropped.

Has to be two from the Big Three.

Unread 25-08-2014, 09:04 PM
Aman27deep

Quote:

Unread 25-08-2014, 09:14 PM
Neo

Quote:
De Gea
Jones - Evans - Rojo
Rafael - Mata - Herrera - Di Maria - Shaw
Rooney - Van Persie

Neville was saying earlier that he sees Di Maria playing inside Shaw and he's probably right.

But that midfield three is unquestionably unbalanced. So if United do pull their finger out and buy a top class box-to-box player as well as Blind, you have to say the midfield would look better without Mata in it - unless of course Rooney or van Persie is dropped.

That's the system I see us using, with Di Maria tucked inside Shaw. The central midfield looks very weak from a combative perspective though. Where's the defensive cover? Where's the physical presence?

Really would prefer it if we went 4-3-3 with Januzaj and Di Maria flanking a centre-forward, but it seems Van Gaal doesn't want to pick between Rooney and Van Persie. It's an utter mess.

Unread 25-08-2014, 09:20 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
That's the system I see us using, with Di Maria tucked inside Shaw. The central midfield looks very weak from a combative perspective though. Where's the defensive cover? Where's the physical presence?

Really would prefer it if we went 4-3-3 with Januzaj and Di Maria flanking a centre-forward, but it seems Van Gaal doesn't want to pick between Rooney and Van Persie. It's an utter mess.
He will eventually as he's ruthless enough once he realises that there's no point accompanying Rooney and van Persie in a two centre forward system as there is clearly no partnership between them

Unread 25-08-2014, 09:40 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Surprised and disappointed at that.

I hate the @#%&!, but if Mourinho was managing us I'm convinced he'd pick only one of them week to week. He's shown how effective a team can be with a no.9 and pace either side in this league.

Herrera, Mata and Di Maria between them have very little tackling ability, and very little upper-body strength.

Van Gaal is right to say our squad is badly unbalanced - so he has to do something about it.

Would be a shame to Januzaj and Kagawa sidelined too.

Unread 25-08-2014, 09:46 PM
ralph

Quote:
Surprised and disappointed at that.

I hate the @#%&!, but if Mourinho was managing us I'm convinced he'd pick only one of them week to week. He's shown how effective a team can be with a no.9 and pace either side in this league.

Herrera, Mata and Di Maria between them have very little tackling ability, and very little upper-body strength.

Van Gaal is right to say our squad is badly unbalanced - so he has to do something about it.

Would be a shame to Januzaj and Kagawa sidelined too.
He's been a failure, and Januzaj will get plenty of opportunities

Unread 25-08-2014, 11:14 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph
He's been a failure, and Januzaj will get plenty of opportunities
Utterly destroyed by Moyes, and he's not alone in that. A shame - and I have always been a fan - but he needs to move on.

Unread 25-08-2014, 11:18 PM
MUFC One Love

Ddg

rafael
jones
evans/blind
rojo
shaw

herrera
vidal
Di maria

Rooney