United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-03-2021, 11:18 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
No way will Rice go to Chelsea.

What kind of club spends tens of millions to resign players they previously let go for next to nothing?
Like chelsea did with matic...

Unread 17-03-2021, 11:22 AM
AK14

Good player but just not what we need imo

We need a Carrick type and Rice just isn't that from what I've seen.

Unread 17-03-2021, 11:23 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins

Unread 17-03-2021, 11:23 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
What idiots. At least we’ve never done that.

Unread 17-03-2021, 11:34 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Still cannot forgive them for stopping City going under. Abramovich saving two utter ghouls of clubs.

Unread 17-03-2021, 11:36 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
cm is the priority.
Don’t ever change

Unread 17-03-2021, 12:01 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Don’t ever change

We'll make one, and only one 'profile' signing. Maybe supplemented with 1-2 cheaper punts

We badly need a proper right sided attacker imo. Ole has said they want to extend the contract of cavani which is obviously way cheaper than signing haaland. We don't have the money to get involved in a #@&%!fight with Bayern, City and whoever else wants in.

If pogba stays McFred will still be the defensive midfield base. Not great, but there you have it.

Lindelof and Bailly will continue to compete for the 2nd CB role.

No fullbacks will be signed.

Best case : Sancho (he doesn't command anywhere near what dortmund were quoting last summer; £70m max) & whoever

Have folk forgotten just how much money we don't have?

TWICI

Unread 17-03-2021, 12:08 PM
Parlabane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley

We'll make one, and only one 'profile' signing. Maybe supplemented with 1-2 cheaper punts

We badly need a proper right sided attacker imo. Ole has said they want to extend the contract of cavani which is obviously way cheaper than signing haaland. We don't have the money to get involved in a #@&%!fight with Bayern, City and whoever else wants in.

If pogba stays McFred will still be the defensive midfield base. Not great, but there you have it.

Lindelof and Bailly will continue to compete for the 2nd CB role.

No fullbacks will be signed.

Best case : Sancho (he doesn't command anywhere near what dortmund were quoting last summer; £70m max) & whoever

Have folk forgotten just how much money we don't have?

TWICI
Think this sums it up - we are probably in the best position for ages and a couple of decent additions could make us challengers - The problem is the club don't have the cash it likes to make out it has and the transfer activity or lack of will be blamed on Covid - we will end up with a couple of underwhelming signings progress will stall and the cycle start again

Unread 17-03-2021, 12:11 PM
dunk

We do have A1 credit though

Unread 17-03-2021, 12:23 PM
Ronny

We could be facing Messi at city and Haaland At Chelsea next season.
If the glazers don’t back Ole this summer the prospects for the club would be bleak.

Unread 17-03-2021, 12:32 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny
We could be facing Messi at city and Haaland At Chelsea next season.
If the glazers don’t back Ole this summer the prospects for the club would be bleak.
We won’t be spending much imo

As whippers says maybe one ‘marquee’ signing but other than that I can’t see much being done tbh.

I think the board are hoping the promising kids we’ve got coming through find their potential over the next couple of years and it saves them millions on transfers fees in the process

Laird, Garner, Hannibal, Shoretire, the CB to name just a few.

Obviously a huge gamble but I just don’t think the money is there to take city and Chelsea on in the transfer market.

Unread 17-03-2021, 12:47 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
We won’t be spending much imo

As whippers says maybe one ‘marquee’ signing but other than that I can’t see much being done tbh.

I think the board are hoping the promising kids we’ve got coming through find their potential over the next couple of years and it saves them millions on transfers fees in the process

Laird, Garner, Hannibal, Shoretire, the CB to name just a few.

Obviously a huge gamble but I just don’t think the money is there to take city and Chelsea on in the transfer market.
I think that's the only sustainable way tbh, or, become a selling club and start farming, but that means buying up every promising teenager you can and loaning them for eons a la Chelsea, which won't fit United's ideal of spending as little as possible and glacial like player turnover,,

Unread 17-03-2021, 01:11 PM
Whip Hubley

So basically we're going to be like a better supported Southampton.

Excellent. Good times ahead.

Unread 17-03-2021, 01:18 PM
Ronny

The glazers have just seen the effect winning has on a sporting franchise

I wouldn’t give up hope just yet.

Unread 17-03-2021, 01:20 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
The glazers have just seen the effect winning has on a sporting franchise

I wouldn’t give up hope just yet.
Yeah but what happened at the bucs is like us signing Messi. And, say, a younger Busquets.

Unread 17-03-2021, 01:21 PM
jem

Quote:
Yeah but what happened at the bucs is like us signing Messi. And, say, Busquets.
we got cavani.

Unread 17-03-2021, 01:22 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
we got cavani.
Maybe we used NFL scouts for that one. Right idea, wrong application. He does have better hair than Messi though.

Unread 17-03-2021, 01:22 PM
Ronny

Not really, Tampa had built up a group of talented youngsters, Brady just gave the group the belief.

Unread 17-03-2021, 01:24 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Not really, Tampa had built up a group of talented youngsters, Brady just gave the group the belief.

Yes so i'll say again, it would be like us signing Messi. Or Ronny, maybe. To give the group 'belief'. And someone who can actually score goals.

Unread 17-03-2021, 01:31 PM
Ronny

Quote:
Yes so i'll say again, it would be like us signing Messi. Or Ronny, maybe. To give the group 'belief'. And someone who can actually score goals.
I dont see us at that point in development, Ole has yet to be given his first choices.
Add Sancho and Rice retain Pogba and possibly Cavani and we can close the gap on City.
Closed Thread