United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-03-2021, 09:41 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Rice, Upemecano, Sancho and Haaland would be decent.
hope bayern sell us upemecano

Unread 17-03-2021, 09:48 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
I’m realistic and relaxed. We’re relatively skint.

Rice as this season’s Maguire would be nice. I say Rice, anyone decent in his position.

Bear in mind we keep Fred, who is perfectly serviceable.

#addition
Prices will be held down, or even discounted, by Covid. When Ole spoke of exploiting the market I think he was a year too early. Assuming Rice’s price point is around 70m in this market - despite what Moyes says - I don’t think it’s unreasonable for us to con West Ham out of 25-30m for Lingard. We know that’s a joke, but he’s done well for them thus far and is an international; they’re not going to want him to go elsewhere.

Lot of assumptions in there, but if we could get Rice for the equivalent of 40m it’s an absolute shoe-in for me.

Unread 17-03-2021, 09:53 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
I’m realistic and relaxed. We’re relatively skint.

Rice as this season’s Maguire would be nice. I say Rice, anyone decent in his position.

Bear in mind we keep Fred, who is perfectly serviceable.

#addition
Which is why I think we'll swerve the kind of prices that will be put up for Rice.

We still have some decent assets in Pogba, Martial, maybe de Gea and a few quid for Lingard. Comes down to how much these player can generate in the current market. More likely it'll take some wheeling and dealing. But think it could still be a good window.

Unread 17-03-2021, 10:05 AM
Jethro

Lingard is clearly going to be a make weight which is nice.

We need far more than we can afford

Unread 17-03-2021, 10:11 AM
Patty_b

Carrying on from the Kessie thread, if we are going to drop serious money on a deep midfielder then Neves is the man for me. Imo he's the one of the missing pieces to take this team to the next level.

He would instantly make the midfield much better all round and balance the team out perfectly.

Rice is a good player, but can't help feeling he's a bit over-hyped and inevitably overpriced because he's a relatively young Englishman.

Unread 17-03-2021, 10:13 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Which is why I think we'll swerve the kind of prices that will be put up for Rice.

We still have some decent assets in Pogba, Martial, maybe de Gea and a few quid for Lingard. Comes down to how much these player can generate in the current market. More likely it'll take some wheeling and dealing. But think it could still be a good window.
We have leverage over them - something they need. They’ll know they can’t hold onto Rice forever, so if they could get Lingard and apply the balance to a scouted cm from Europe, that’s probably the best they can hope for. No one’s paying 70-80m cash in this environment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Carrying on from the Kessie thread, if we are going to drop serious money on a deep midfielder then Neves is the man for me. Imo he's the one of the missing pieces to take this team to the next level.

He would instantly make the midfield much better all round and balance the team out perfectly.

Rice is a good player, but can't help feeling he's a bit over-hyped and inevitably overpriced because he's a relatively young Englishman.
From what I’ve seen of Neves this year, admittedly limited, he’s had a big drop off. Duaners, who’s watched way more than me, seems to confirm this.

Unread 17-03-2021, 10:16 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b

Neves is the crown-jewel of the Wolves team though, isn’t he? Especially since Jota left. Duaners will be able to confirm, but can’t help but feel it’ll be a real uphill battle trying to sign him. I say that as someone who’d love him here, genuinely think he’s great and is definitely a more complete player than Rice currently is, but think we will have to wait another year or so to get him now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99

From what I’ve seen of Neves this year, admittedly limited, he’s had a big drop off. Duaners, who’s watched way more than me, seems to confirm this.
Didn’t know this. Rice it is

Unread 17-03-2021, 10:20 AM
shenwen

I hope we're not putting too much faith in Lingard doing the business for us by keeping up his performances at West Ham.

Unread 17-03-2021, 10:23 AM
utd99

Quote:
I hope we're not putting too much faith in Lingard doing the business for us by keeping up his performances at West Ham.
9 games. Even that useless @#%&! can bluff for 9 games. And Moyes and Sullivan are morons.

Unread 17-03-2021, 10:26 AM
windy waffles

Rice will end up at Chelsea with his bestie, Mason Mount.

Plus we don't want people who are uglier than Phil Jones.

Unread 17-03-2021, 10:40 AM
utd99

That’s that then.

Unread 17-03-2021, 10:45 AM
sweetleftfoot

I don't know why you do it to yourselves.

We will end up with Dele Ali and Totti on loan while Avram buys an island and we service the debt interest.

Unread 17-03-2021, 10:46 AM
jem

cm is the priority.

rice has never impressed me (not even as much as The Scottish Player, tbh - I just don't see the point... and don't say he's better than fred).

would rather raid wolves for a couple of players than west ham for anyone (soz, duaners).

torres, haaland and two dms, please. keep pogba (not allowed in our half). wan b not allowed in opposition half. thanks, ole.

Unread 17-03-2021, 10:47 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
That’s that then.

Damning evidence isn't it.

Unread 17-03-2021, 10:49 AM
shenwen

No way will Rice go to Chelsea.

What kind of club spends tens of millions to resign players they previously let go for next to nothing?

Unread 17-03-2021, 10:53 AM
Jethro

Quote:

What kind of club spends tens of millions to resign players they previously let go for next to nothing?
Mason Mount likes his Instagram posts. Only the scarf shot is missing.

Unread 17-03-2021, 10:55 AM
dunk

Quote:
£#%&! Sancho. Still think we dodged a bullet there, given the prices that were being quoted.
We're desperate for a player that can beat a man and open up tight games though, so he'd be a top addition for a decent price.

Unread 17-03-2021, 10:56 AM
jem

Quote:

today pogba, tomorrow jesse.

Unread 17-03-2021, 11:03 AM
Tronics

brilliant player would love to see him at United but think he will cost too much

and if we supposedly have a world class scouting set up we should be able to find a competent enough DMF in europe or whatever for far less. whatever happened to the lad from south america who’s a united fan? that went quiet all of a sudden.

Unread 17-03-2021, 11:06 AM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Rice will end up at Chelsea with his bestie, Mason Mount.

Plus we don't want people who are uglier than Phil Jones.

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/...78107454197761
Mason Mount? Sounds like a gay #@&%!star name.
Closed Thread