United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-12-2020, 11:40 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Yes I have and I stick with what I said. More Andy Carroll than Abraham if you ask me.

Even the suggestion of us signing him is stupid talk
Andy Carroll

Unread 24-12-2020, 11:41 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Andy Carroll
And that’s probably flattering DCL

Unread 24-12-2020, 12:10 PM
Tronics

He’s a bit limited isn’t he?

Needs to drastically improve his all around game if he’s going to be a top striker

He has a great leap on him, decent in the air and an alright finisher but his hold up play is a bit ordinary imo. Maguire and Bailly kept quiet easily

Unread 24-12-2020, 12:19 PM
browser

a quiet game but he's a lot better than some here are suggesting. Think he'd be great at United. Similar attributes to Kane and think he could progress in the same way

Unread 24-12-2020, 12:21 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
a quiet game but he's a lot better than some here are suggesting. Think he'd be great at United. Similar attributes to Kane and think he could progress in the same way
Funnily enough, another player who has looked like a donkey in numerous games against Utd.

Wouldn't be in favour of signing DCL, but think he will go on to prove himself a very decent PL CF over time.

I thought he was pretty bang average myself 12 months ago, but his improvements are there to see.

Unread 24-12-2020, 12:52 PM
utd99

Andy Carroll.

Unread 24-12-2020, 01:15 PM
shenwen

If they do ban heading the lad is going to be £#%&!ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Andy Carroll.
When he starts to get on the radar of Europe’s top clubs, you can dig this out and prove me wrong

Until then I think we should all get some perspective. He’s been half decent for three months and all of a sudden he’s Harry Kane.

Unread 24-12-2020, 01:48 PM
browser

Sense of perspective? The only unreasonable comments have come from you. He is clearly on the radar of top clubs. You think if he was transfer listed tomorrow there wouldn’t be interest from the big boys?
And no-one’s said he is Kane, just similar attributes and potential. Few rated Kane particularly highly on here during his early years either.

Quote:
If they do ban heading the lad is going to be £#%&!ed

When he starts to get on the radar of Europe’s top clubs, you can dig this out and prove me wrong

Until then I think we should all get some perspective. He’s been half decent for three months and all of a sudden he’s Harry Kane.

Unread 24-12-2020, 01:55 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
Sense of perspective? The only unreasonable comments have come from you. He is clearly on the radar of top clubs. You think if he was transfer listed tomorrow there wouldn’t be interest from the big boys?
And no-one’s said he is Kane, just similar attributes and potential. Few rated Kane particularly highly on here during his early years either.
Sure.
I’m lacking perspective for pointing out that he might just be having a good run scoring goals (no assist though) with a system that’s built around throwing balls into the box.

Which top clubs have been looking at him btw?

Unread 24-12-2020, 01:55 PM
utd99

Quote:

Mate....

Unread 24-12-2020, 01:56 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Mate....
What?

Unread 24-12-2020, 02:05 PM
utd99

Quote:
What?
Just say you don’t think he’s any good. That’s fair enough. The stuff about ‘most Everton fans think....’, top clubs radar...’ and Harry Kane, when no one suggested anything of the kind is just unnecessary and doesn’t reinforce anything.

Unread 24-12-2020, 02:27 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Just say you don’t think he’s any good. That’s fair enough. The stuff about ‘most Everton fans think....’, top clubs radar...’ and Harry Kane, when no one suggested anything of the kind is just unnecessary and doesn’t reinforce anything.
Thanks. Good advice. Makes no sense, but I appreciate the intention.

Unread 24-12-2020, 02:38 PM
utd99

Quote:
Thanks. Good advice. Makes no sense, but I appreciate the intention.
Fair enough, so then let me clarify:

You have no £#%&!ing idea what “most Everton fans” think.

You have no idea who’s on the “top clubs’ radar”

And literally no-one compared him to Harry Kane.

Hth.

Unread 24-12-2020, 02:44 PM
tatty

If Moyes was still managing he'd be bidding £100m for the lad.

Perfect for 'random cross in to the box' tactics.

Unread 24-12-2020, 03:28 PM
Baron

The goal at 1.30 is sensational, that kind of talent isn’t to be sniffed at. Controlling a ball over your shoulder on the run & then a deft lift over the keeper 😚👌🏻

Unread 24-12-2020, 03:31 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
https://youtu.be/EbXqVLq0R20

The goal at 1.30 is sensational, that kind of talent isn’t to be sniffed at. Controlling a ball over your shoulder on the run & then a deft lift over the keeper 😚👌🏻
Carroll-esque.

Unread 24-12-2020, 03:35 PM
NedKelly

Andy Carroll was absolutely unstoppable on his day. In an era that seemed to turn its back on traditional strikers, he still managed to break through as one of England’s top talents. Had he been 5 years younger, he’d be battling it out with Kane to be England’s main centre forward.

Unread 24-12-2020, 03:41 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Andy Carroll was absolutely unstoppable on his day. In an era that seemed to turn its back on traditional strikers, he still managed to break through as one of England’s top talents. Had he been 5 years younger, he’d be battling it out with Kane to be England’s main centre forward.
Was he?? Can understand someone saying that about Duncan Ferguson, but Andy Carroll...

Though like Big Dunc, he could never stay fit.

Unread 24-12-2020, 03:44 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Was he?? Can understand someone saying that about Duncan Ferguson, but Andy Carroll...

Though like Big Dunc, he could never stay fit.
Oh yes pal, he was something else. The only person I’ve ever seen come close to meeting the ball in the air so gracefully is Ronaldo, and tbh you can see the effort he has to put in to do it. For me, Carroll did some things effortlessly, and that was one of them.

Have heard rumours about his extra-curricular activities, and sadly it seems he chose to go down the Best route. The things he could have achieved if he wasn’t such a tortured soul.

Who can forget THAT bicycle kick? What a player.
Closed Thread