United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-12-2020, 03:57 PM
utd99

Default Calvert-Lewin

Surprised at the forum’s silence on this guy. He’s developing really well. Good technique, strong in the air, works his socks off. I’ve watched Everton a few times in ‘20 and really like the way this kid plays.

Anyway.

https://www.football365.com/news/eve...option-haaland

Unread 23-12-2020, 04:08 PM
Palmer

Semi decent player riding the wave, Everton is his level.

Unread 23-12-2020, 04:09 PM
jem

likes to foul keepers.

next.

Unread 23-12-2020, 04:10 PM
Mr_Ed

We’re better than that... do we really expect to progress buying ex Sheff United players at a premium?

Unread 23-12-2020, 04:11 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
likes to foul keepers.

next.
And what’s wrong with that? Posturing, time wasting, ball laying #@&%!s imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
We’re better than that... do we really expect to progress buying ex Sheff United players at a premium?
Yeah you’re right I suppose. We should stick to buying Udinese players.

Unread 23-12-2020, 04:21 PM
Neo

Thumbs down

Mid-table clogger with a shit haircut who deffo books Marbz in the summer with "the lads", cutting cringeworthy shapes with Declan Rice, James Maddison and Jack Fowler in the VIP of a champagne spray party.

No thanks.

Unread 23-12-2020, 04:23 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Mid-table clogger with a shit haircut who deffo books Marbz in the summer with "the lads", cutting cringeworthy shapes with Declan Rice, James Maddison and Jack Fowler in the VIP of a champagne spray party.

No thanks.
Ledge.

Unread 23-12-2020, 04:27 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

No thanks.

This.

Unread 23-12-2020, 04:36 PM
Vida_15

is this honestly the level to which we are really looking for players??? he's on a decent run of form for the first time in his entire career

Unread 23-12-2020, 04:36 PM
utd99

Fred.

Unread 23-12-2020, 04:59 PM
AK14

Mentioned him on here 18 months ago tbh

Said he could become a decent player when people were arguing that Danny Welbeck is a better player

What’s happened over the last 18 months has proven me right

Unread 23-12-2020, 05:01 PM
puressence

Cracking player. But haaland wins the league

Unread 23-12-2020, 05:07 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida_15
is this honestly the level to which we are really looking for players??? he's on a decent run of form for the first time in his entire career
He’s been progressing for 18 months, he’s 23, and have you actually been watching him play? He’s pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Cracking player. But haaland wins the league
Not gonna happen while Raiola’s involved unfortunately. We would need a bullet to the head mixing with that @#%&! again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Mentioned him on here 18 months ago tbh

Said he could become a decent player when people were arguing that Danny Welbeck is a better player

What’s happened over the last 18 months has proven me right

Welbeck.

Unread 23-12-2020, 05:20 PM
Coracao

He's improved a hell of a lot over the past 6 months.

But if we are bringing in a youngish striker, they need to be top bracket already - otherwise wait for Greenwood.

Unread 23-12-2020, 06:14 PM
Patty_b

Think he's a great forward, works hard, gets stuck in and gets the sort of goals that look easy but are tough to score consistently. Plenty of them too.

But Everton would expect silly money for him, far more than he's really worth. Probably move to Chelsea in a couple of seasons for top dollar and do pretty well there.

Unread 23-12-2020, 08:49 PM
red in cumbria

Double barrelled names, should we trust them?

Unread 24-12-2020, 06:02 AM
shenwen

Until a year ago, most Everton supporters saw him as a Championship level player. I don't think they were that far off. Effective if your game tactics revolve around balls into the box, but otherwise nothing.

Unread 24-12-2020, 10:08 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Double barrelled names, should we trust them?
Used to denote class and privilege, now council living and broken homes.

Trust? It’s a crapshoot.

Unread 24-12-2020, 11:28 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Until a year ago, most Everton supporters saw him as a Championship level player. I don't think they were that far off. Effective if your game tactics revolve around balls into the box, but otherwise nothing.
Have you seen him play much this season ? To suggest the above if you have, seems a little ridiculous. He has clearly made big improvements to his all round game and looks to be a level above someone like Abraham at Chelsea for instance.

Unread 24-12-2020, 11:38 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Have you seen him play much this season ? To suggest the above if you have, seems a little ridiculous. He has clearly made big improvements to his all round game and looks to be a level above someone like Abraham at Chelsea for instance.
Yes I have and I stick with what I said. More Andy Carroll than Abraham if you ask me.

Even the suggestion of us signing him is stupid talk
Closed Thread