Di Maria Herrera Depay

Schweinsteiger Schneiderlin

Shaw Darmian
Blind Rojo

Romero

(4-5-1) (Manager L. v Gaal)

I say 0-0

Didn't format correctly.

Kind of belies the notion these managers weren't supported.

Unread 02-09-2019, 06:24 PM
AK14

Mata and Pereira weren’t Mourinho signings

Unread 02-09-2019, 06:25 PM
Cream

Would love a pint with big Utders.

I’m kidding, I’d £#%&!ing hate it.

Unread 02-09-2019, 06:32 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Would love a pint with big Utders.

I’m kidding, I’d £#%&!ing hate it.
I only drink with FotY winners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Mata and Pereira weren’t Mourinho signings
Sue me.

Unread 02-09-2019, 06:39 PM
AK14

Thumbs up

Obviously this is why you very rarely start threads?

Good to know.

Unread 02-09-2019, 06:42 PM
utd99

Quote:
Obviously this is why you very rarely start threads?

Good to know.
I didn’t really expect anyone to reply tbh. Possibly Riccers saying something like “makes you think, eh?” And that’d be that.

Anyway, who’d win the game?

Unread 02-09-2019, 07:34 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I didn’t really expect anyone to reply tbh. Possibly Riccers saying something like “makes you think, eh?” And that’d be that.

Anyway, who’d win the game?
I will have to think about it

Unread 02-09-2019, 07:36 PM
Ethers

Christ.

Unread 02-09-2019, 07:36 PM
S/Side.Red

I think we know

Unread 02-09-2019, 07:38 PM
Brucie

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I think we know
The real winners would be the fans and the viewers

Unread 02-09-2019, 07:49 PM
Buck

Stick Lee Grant and Zlatan in for Mourinho and he edges it.

Unread 02-09-2019, 07:50 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Stick Lee Grant and Zlatan in for Mourinho and he edges it.
And maybe Martial in LvG's

Unread 02-09-2019, 07:58 PM
Buck

Quote:
Need to give Team Mourinho a chance

Unread 02-09-2019, 08:24 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
(3-5-2) Periera

Dalot Lindelof Bailly

Matic Fred

Mkhitaryan Pogba

Mata

Lukaku Sanchez

(Manager J.Mourinho)

-------------------------------------------------------

Falcao

Di Maria Herrera Depay

Schweinsteiger Schneiderlin

Shaw Darmian
Blind Rojo

Romero

(4-5-1) (Manager L. v Gaal)

I say 0-0

Didn't format correctly.

Kind of belies the notion these managers weren't supported.
Never mind that shit. Who would watch it?

Unread 02-09-2019, 09:30 PM
utd99

Quote:
That’s correct, good spot.

Anyway, the point is not about who would win a football match between two sets of players no one gives a £#%&! about or speculating on something that only an anorak would care about. The point is that this club has gone through enough players since Fergie retired-between the players above, those that have been drafted up from the academy, and those I’ve forgotten, like Martial and Zlatan- to field not only two whole brand new teams, but two whole, brand new, match day squads, and yet not one manager before Ole could turn any 11 of them into a team. None. Not one.

And yet here we are with a thread calling for his head already.

Utter. £#%&!ing. Disgrace.

Unread 02-09-2019, 09:43 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
That’s correct, good spot.

Anyway, the point is not about who would win a football match between two sets of players no one gives a £#%&! about or speculating on something that only an anorak would care about. The point is that this club has gone through enough players since Fergie retired-between the players above, those that have been drafted up from the academy, and those I’ve forgotten, like Martial and Zlatan- to field not only two whole brand new teams, but two whole, brand new, match day squads, and yet not one manager before Ole could turn any 11 of them into a team. None. Not one.

And yet here we are with a thread calling for his head already.

Utter. £#%&!ing. Disgrace.
I think that thread is more thinking he's better off out of it.

Recruitment is vital at any club. I don't think there's a manager in the world who could build a good side with our midfield.

Unread 02-09-2019, 09:47 PM
utd99

Quote:
I think that thread is more thinking he's better off out of it.

Recruitment is vital at any club. I don't think there's a manager in the world who could build a good side with our midfield.
My point is though Siders, who built the midfield that now needs re-building?

All I’m hearing is ‘the board don’t back our managers’ and ‘is Solskjaer qualified for the job?’ The stats above prove that’s %@#$&!s. The fact is he’s spending more time unravelling what the previous regimes did than creating his own team, and if Woodward’s guilty of anything it’s hiring the wrong men, not undermining them. My God, just look at those players.

Unread 02-09-2019, 09:59 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
My point is though Siders, who build the midfield that needs re-building?

All I’m hearing is ‘the board don’t back our managers’ and ‘is Solskjaer qualified for the job?’ The stats above prove that’s %@#$&!s. The fact is he’s spending more time unravelling what the previous regimes did than creating his own team, and if Woodward’s guilty of anything it’s hiring the wrong men, not undermining them. My God, just look at those players.
There's not much transparency at the club in terms of knowing who is behind our signings. I'm sure managers are given a say, but how strong is the scouting network and how competent is the CEO at getting the deals the managers really want done.

I mean Mourinho supposedly signs Fred, doesn't play him and complains that he doesn't have quality. That doesn't suggest the type of joined-up thinking you'd want between the coach and the board. Ideally there's a common idea throughout the club.

Maybe we have it now, although it might just be 'young and British' etc. The leaks about Bruno Fernandes are worrying.

Unread 02-09-2019, 10:00 PM
AK14

It’s pretty well known that Van Gaal wanted certain players only to be told no...

Woodward has allowed three (hopefully this is 4th time lucky) very different managers to re build the squad while also having a say on how the rebuild is done and also pulling the plug on the rebuilds after two years and progress (of sorts).

Ole has already had the rug pulled out from under him by the club not getting a replacement for Lukaku this summer, something he wanted and has already started to make comments about.

The last three managers have to take a large portion of the blame for it not working out here obviously. But let’s not pretend the structure above them didn’t have any sort of impact on them failing.

Anyway let’s hope Ole is a success (I have faith in him) so we don’t have to read anymore of these type of threads.

Unread 02-09-2019, 10:03 PM
utd99

Quote:
There's not much transparency at the club in terms of knowing who is behind our signings. I'm sure managers are given a say, but how strong is the scouting network and how competent is the CEO at getting the deals the managers really want done.

I mean Mourinho supposedly signs Fred, doesn't play him and complains that he doesn't have quality. That doesn't suggest the type of joined-up thinking you'd want between the coach and the board. Ideally there's a common idea throughout the club.

Maybe we have it now, although it might just be 'young and British' etc. The leaks about Bruno Fernandes are worrying.
Do you really think if players were foisted onto either van Gaal or Mourinho they wouldn’t be singing it from the rooftops? No, their complaints are about everything but that; these were their signings.

Quote:
It’s pretty well known that Van Gaal wanted certain players only to be told no...
That’s different though. No manager in the world gets everything he wants. If the ‘no’ was because the player wasn’t gettable or the cost was simply too high then un-£#%&!ing-lucky. How about trying to teach Bailly and Lindelof to defend properly before you want two more? That’d be a novel trick, eh?
Closed Thread