United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-05-2020, 02:24 PM
utd99

Default Fergie’s final days.

Really odd account of affairs from Evra in today’s mail.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-Utd-2013.html

If this is true - and I can’t imagine why he’d totally make it up - then it’s totally at odds with Fergie’s own account. It would make absolutely no sense that he’d be working on a pair of mega deals that would be approaching 200m two weeks prior to his retirement if he’d truly made his mind up to retire months earlier. Imagine Ronaldo, Bale and van Persie up front .

I wonder if the Glazers pulled the plug at the last minute, especially with Gill retiring and Woody coming in, and he thought ‘£#%&! it, I’m done’. Speculation of course, but maybe all was not as it seemed.

Unread 05-05-2020, 02:28 PM
Sparky***

don't know but the man was 70. It was the right time.

Unread 05-05-2020, 02:28 PM
silv

creepy thread title

Unread 05-05-2020, 02:29 PM
doudou

I suppose if Fergie left suddenly it would explain why the succession was so botched.

Unread 05-05-2020, 02:34 PM
Chris Quayd

Thanks for bringing up one of the most traumatic and disastrous events in human history.

Unread 05-05-2020, 02:37 PM
est.1878

Wasn't moyezzz told not to sign a new contract before Christmas or something. And his odds drooped to manage us significantly early in the new year. Plus frogson went extra mental against madrid on nanis red and near the final whistle, knowing it was last CL attempt

Unread 05-05-2020, 02:43 PM
tatty

If Fergie writes another book it'll be an eye-opener I reckon.

Unread 05-05-2020, 02:44 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Wasn't moyezzz told not to sign a new contract before Christmas or something. And his odds drooped to manage us significantly early in the new year. Plus frogson went extra mental against madrid on nanis red and near the final whistle, knowing it was last CL attempt
That’s why it’s so odd. No one has really questioned Fergie’s account before now, but if Evra’s telling the truth then it makes no sense. Maybe another legitimate crack at the Champions League was his last holy grail and once it became clear his plans wouldn’t come to fruition he decided to call it a day. No way he was buying Bale and Ronaldo for Moyes.

Unread 05-05-2020, 02:45 PM
doudou

Quote:
All true. £#%&!ing boils my piss how City and Liverpool got the 2 foremost managers in the world and we hired some @#%&! who got fired from Sunderland

Unread 05-05-2020, 02:46 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
He’ll never admit he lied.

Unread 05-05-2020, 02:48 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
The last one was a pulp opener

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
That’s why it’s so odd. No one has really questioned Fergie’s account before now, but if Evra’s telling the truth then it makes no sense. Maybe another legitimate crack at the Champions League was his last holy grail and once it became clear his plans wouldn’t come to fruition he decided to call it a day. No way he was buying Bale and Ronaldo for Moyes.
But it's often forgotten how he'd more or less finished Rooney at utd in those final weeks... Which would have been a wage bill necessity... evilsadvocate:

Unread 05-05-2020, 02:53 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
The last one was a pulp opener
Absolute garbage, clearly rushed and no-one bothered to edit it. A wasted opportunity, I couldn't read the chapter on 2012, no idea how he could bring himself to say the opening lines in that chapter

Unread 05-05-2020, 02:56 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Absolute garbage, clearly rushed and no-one bothered to edit it. A wasted opportunity, I couldn't read the chapter on 2012, no idea how he could bring himself to say the opening lines in that chapter
Was an instant headache creater. Rambling incoherently from one subject to another and likely heavily censored. Bit like the what you drinking right now thread on here

Unread 05-05-2020, 03:06 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
I suppose if Fergie left suddenly it would explain why the succession was so botched.
Well it was. They asked Ancelotti and it seems Mourinho as well but were too late as the PSG-Madrid-Chelsea conveyor belt was already under way by then.

Unread 05-05-2020, 03:09 PM
dragflick

I actually do think it was a pretty sudden decision with the health of his wife/sister in law and he decided he needed to spend more time with her. I’ve no doubt he’s probably regretted it a few times privately since though.

Unread 05-05-2020, 03:11 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
I actually do think it was a pretty sudden decision with the health of his wife/sister in law and he decided he needed to spend more time with her. I’ve no doubt he’s probably regretted it a few times privately since though.
He needed a hip operation himself as well and would’ve been out for months. Wonder when he found out about that..

Unread 05-05-2020, 03:12 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Yep. But he really was getting too old for it and that would've been his last chance to go out as a winner, I'm sure that played into it.

Unread 05-05-2020, 04:21 PM
thatsfuctit

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...postcount=3428

Carrick's book is quite interesting on the subject, he says looking back, there were signs that were there, and mentions how he was after we were knocked out of the CL,

Unread 05-05-2020, 04:41 PM
JamesPolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Thanks for bringing up the most traumatic and disastrous events in human history.
Fixed

Unread 05-05-2020, 06:39 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPolk
Fixed
Moyes.*Moyes*. MOYES!!!!

Will never, ever, forgive that.
Closed Thread