United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-03-2010, 07:22 PM
Spiffy

Default If you became United Manager.....

Assuming the club gets sold to me and all the debts are gone, SAF has just announced he's retiring in May and I've just appointed you as his replacement, you have a billion pounds to spend, what would do and in what order? If you're a boring @#%&!, you'll probably say "go and give you some shit for being a tory" or something else entirely predictable.
Personally I'd give Rooney a contract extension, try and buy Ronaldo and Messi. Then I'd probably look at getting a replacement for VDS and Giggs.

Unread 19-03-2010, 07:24 PM
Sloppy

Default Re: If you became United Manager.....

Buy city.

Unread 19-03-2010, 07:24 PM
neworder

Buy Ronaldo back and focus on youth development

Unread 19-03-2010, 07:25 PM
Bobda

Get rid of the fans.

Unread 19-03-2010, 07:25 PM
waynes ear's

get smashed

Unread 19-03-2010, 07:26 PM
Appletango

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Assuming the club gets sold to me and all the debts are gone, SAF has just announced he's retiring in May and I've just appointed you as his replacement, you have a billion pounds to spend, what would do and in what order? If you're a boring @#%&!, you'll probably say "go and give you some shit for being a tory" or something else entirely predictable.
Personally I'd give Rooney a contract extension, try and buy Ronaldo and Messi. Then I'd probably look at getting a replacement for VDS and Giggs.
I'm surprised you're not already a Premiership manager with statements like that.

Hope that wasn't predictable.

Unread 19-03-2010, 07:28 PM
BarryX

employ Eric as my helper, and reintroduce the drinking, party, gambling culture of the 80's. I'd be Brian Clough to Eric's Peter Taylor and we'd shit all over the politic correctness that's, quite frankly, ruined the modern game (and society as a whole). I'd also invite a certain fan onto the pitch and @#%&! him on national tv.

Unread 19-03-2010, 07:30 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
employ Eric as my helper, and reintroduce the drinking, party, gambling culture of the 80's. I'd be Brian Clough to Eric's Peter Taylor and we'd shit all over the politic correctness that's, quite frankly, ruined the modern game (and society as a whole).
Lonely up there on your pedestal?

Unread 19-03-2010, 07:31 PM
believe

so this is basically an "who would you sign thread"?

Unread 19-03-2010, 07:32 PM
wee man

Discuss with GMP the possibility of introducing the allowance of the consumption of alcoholic beverages outside Lou Macaris chippy.

Unread 19-03-2010, 07:33 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
Discuss with GMP the possibility of introducing the allowance of the consumption of alcoholic beverages outside Lou Macaris chippy.
£#%&! that, level the bishops, make it a tarmacced space for drinking. 8 can minimum

Unread 19-03-2010, 07:36 PM
borsuk

appoint david gill to liase with supporters' groups. ask martin ferguson to appoint some family members to the scouting network. and bring in a garry cook - peter kenyon dream ticket to oversee all transfer negotiations.

Unread 19-03-2010, 07:39 PM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
appoint david gill to liase with supporters' groups. ask martin ferguson to appoint some family members to the scouting network. and bring in a garry cook - peter kenyon dream ticket to oversee all transfer negotiations.
Next stop Barcelona! *beep beep*

Unread 19-03-2010, 07:40 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
employ Eric as my helper, and reintroduce the drinking, party, gambling culture of the 80's.
Hopefully that would recreate all the success of that era, too.

no fun

I would give you some shit for being a tory

marlo

+

Unread 19-03-2010, 07:44 PM
borsuk

that signature after that post

Unread 19-03-2010, 07:46 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Hopefully that would recreate all the success of that era, too.
Didn't do Cloughie too much harm (in the late 70's). But seriously getting Eric back at this club would be the very first thing I would do.

Unread 19-03-2010, 07:46 PM
Zorg

Install a sunbed in my office.

Unread 19-03-2010, 07:48 PM
ScarFace

Sell Berbatov. Get rid of the disabled area. Not offer Neville a new contract and make the Brazilian twins into wingers.
Closed Thread