United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-01-2023, 03:05 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Why don't atletico want him?
Probably sick of playing for a red and white bus. Simeone must be a pain in the arse to play for.

Not good

Unread 02-01-2023, 03:26 PM
dunk

He’s not the number 9 we crave, but if we can get him we should. He’s a wonderful footballer and another creative player in attack is a decent alternative if no actual striker is available. I’d much rather this lad was coming on than Elanga in any of the forward positions

You’d like to think they’d be working on a deal with an option to buy at a fixed fee, taking into account loan fee and wages. Given we apparently had a good look in the summer and previous windows, you’d think we’d be eager to get this done. Would be typical of United to get Morata for a fiver cheaper and this lad goes to Arsenal though..

Unread 02-01-2023, 03:59 PM
Sparky***

i'd rather wait until the summer for a proper centre forward than try and get another £#%&!y loan signing for 6 months tbh.

Need to start displaying some forward thinking rather than constantly trying to patch the £#%&!ing squad up in january with loans

Unread 02-01-2023, 04:09 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
i'd rather wait until the summer for a proper centre forward than try and get another £#%&!y loan signing for 6 months tbh.

Need to start displaying some forward thinking rather than constantly trying to patch the £#%&!ing squad up in january with loans
Is there no chance we could do both? Just a thought.

Unread 02-01-2023, 04:21 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Far too much like common sense

Unread 02-01-2023, 04:30 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
I suppose the idea being that if you have competent people running the club you don't find yourself scratching around for last minute deals in the January window.

The Ronaldo debacle has forced our hand somewhat but even re-signing him in the first place was another example of the club's staggering short-sighted planning.

Unread 02-01-2023, 04:37 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
I suppose the idea being that if you have competent people running the club you don't find yourself scratching around for last minute deals in the January window.

The Ronaldo debacle has forced our hand somewhat but even re-signing him in the first place was another example of the club's staggering short-sighted planning.
Unfortunately it will take a bit of time to iron out the (many, many) creases. Things don’t change overnight. Ultimately we are in the position where we absolutely need to recruit up top, or we may find ourselves devastatingly short of options should Martial/Rashford get injured. We’re on course to get top 4, so I think the best thing to do is make a temporary signing if necessary, keeping one eye on the summer transfer window where we can bring in a permanent solution.

I don’t fancy the idea of us relying on Martial to not get injured one bit, and furthermore, he’s hardly shown anything in the past few games where you could say “yeah, he’ll do til next summer”.

Felix could well come good here, but whatever happens, it’s absolutely vital we bring in someone to strengthen the attack.

Just not Morata, please.

Unread 02-01-2023, 05:08 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Probably sick of playing for a red and white bus. Simeone must be a pain in the arse to play for.

Not good
Amazingly gifted player playing for a manager who attempted a more attractive brand of football for about five mins, then reverted to type.

Unread 02-01-2023, 05:34 PM
Furry Russian hats

Think he’d be brilliant for us. Firstly and foremost he can play and if he can chip in with 10-15 goals that would be amazing.

Dwight Yorke wasn’t prolific at Villa, l think Felix could have a similar impact

Unread 02-01-2023, 06:30 PM
92ToBury

They want £18m for a six-month loan deal for Felix.

Unread 02-01-2023, 06:39 PM
jem

just buy a £#%&!ing defensive midfielder.

Unread 02-01-2023, 06:48 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
I think this will get done but at a snip of what's being mentioned.

Unread 02-01-2023, 08:52 PM
GBMUFC2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
I think this will get done but at a snip of what's being mentioned.
I understand they want the £21 million release clause plus £6 million in wages. Never going to happen

Unread 02-01-2023, 09:44 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
And if he comes bangs 20 goals in it would add 50m to his price tag in the summer.

Tell them to £#%&! off.

Unread 02-01-2023, 09:48 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
And if he comes bangs 20 goals in it would add 50m to his price tag in the summer.

Tell them to £#%&! off.
You agree a fee in advance on these with no commitment to buy.

Unread 02-01-2023, 10:05 PM
GBMUFC2020

This is why it won`t work the buy on fee would be fermoninal! We would be getting him until the end of the season to see if he improves

In 2019, aged 19, Félix signed with Atlético Madrid for a club-record transfer worth €126 million (£113 million), the fourth-most expensive football transfer, the second-most ever paid for a teenager and the highest fee for a Portuguese player leaving the domestic league.

Unread 02-01-2023, 10:09 PM
Coracao

You'd arguably pay that money if you were getting someone who guaranteed goals, but Felix is far from that.

Unread 02-01-2023, 11:00 PM
dunk

Fermoninal?

Unread 03-01-2023, 03:27 AM
Stickman

if Fergie had Jems affliction

“you can never buy too many tackles”

Unread 03-01-2023, 07:55 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Unfortunately it will take a bit of time to iron out the (many, many) creases. Things don’t change overnight. Ultimately we are in the position where we absolutely need to recruit up top, or we may find ourselves devastatingly short of options should Martial/Rashford get injured. We’re on course to get top 4, so I think the best thing to do is make a temporary signing if necessary, keeping one eye on the summer transfer window where we can bring in a permanent solution.

I don’t fancy the idea of us relying on Martial to not get injured one bit, and furthermore, he’s hardly shown anything in the past few games where you could say “yeah, he’ll do til next summer”.

Felix could well come good here, but whatever happens, it’s absolutely vital we bring in someone to strengthen the attack.

Just not Morata, please.
Yep. Just £#%&!ing sick of Martial. All the more annoying because of his talent. He has shown some signs of improvement and tbf, the other night was a pig of a game, as per with them. Malacia was ineffective so he had little support when nearly always double marked. Can’t believe I’m making excuses for him but the way Erik has been kicking arses, he might just come good but you couldn’t possibly depend on him. We’re one Rashford injury away from slipping back into 5th or 6th so really, if we want CL, one way or another we need another body up top.
Closed Thread