United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Old 07-05-2024, 07:18 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
I told you guys about this in the summer, you didn’t listen!

I think it was me and Jem only against this signing!
Ahem…

Also, I’m not against signing better players in any position. But they’ve got to be materially better if you’re going to drop £50m on them and at the same time drop your multi times player of the season in the shit. At the time, I was like fair enough, this will be a step change for us.

I guess I was right. A goalkeeper who jumps like a dog into water. That kind of step change.

Old 07-05-2024, 08:38 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk View Post
Worried about a Goalkeeper when we’ve had De Gea for the last 5 years

Absolute worst case scenario, we concede a couple more but are overall more solid and less nervous and can actually play out from the back and start quick attacks.

What’s not to like
About that worst case scenario…

Old 07-05-2024, 08:47 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic View Post

He was obsessed by just how much de Gea was holding us back. Went on about it for years whilst de Gea was regularly our best player and then towards the end gained proper forum wide pile on traction against de Gea.

A new keeper would instantly improve us - regularly create attacks and provide assists…

We’ll just look at us now!

Old 07-05-2024, 08:55 PM
pedr0

he is notably better and more confident than de gea with the ball at his feet. we were constantly in trouble last year when trying to play out from the back.

of course the irony is that egghead has now decided to tell the keeper to play long, which de gea would have been perfectly capable of doing

Old 07-05-2024, 11:03 PM
avocado

I’m not a fan but on the other hand it’s a bit of a stretch to blame him for us not being able to play out from the back. That would require the defenders in front of him to be able to make themselves available to receive the ball, to be able to control it when they did receive it, to be able to select a pass to a team mate who is not under pressure (preferably before they got the ball, but certainly within the first 30 seconds after receiving it) and then executing that pass.

Old 08-05-2024, 09:10 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic View Post

Old 15-05-2024, 09:56 PM
Withers

You don't even need to worry about putting it in the corner to beat him, just don't hit it straight at him.

Horrific goalkeeper.

Old 15-05-2024, 10:07 PM
Bunker Buster

Kept us in it, 4 world class saves.....

Odd place this

Old 16-05-2024, 06:00 AM
shenwen

His shite distribution got us in trouble at least three times.

He’s not the biggest worry but needs to get much better.