United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-10-2012, 09:00 AM
redhegemony

Default Fergal: tactical masterclass

4 things stand out

1. Valencia who didn't have the greatest of games completely stopped Cole and exposed a big hole on the left. His physical presence put the shits up them. Aided and abetted by twin 1.

2. Rooney positioned in the gap in their midfield.

3. Young having a free-er role to drag Ivanovic about which he did very well.

4. Chico sub pushed Chels onto the back foot.

Good work Grandad.

Unread 29-10-2012, 09:01 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
4 things stand out

1. Valencia who didn't have the greatest of games completely stopped Cole and exposed a big hole on the left. His physical presence put the shits up them. Aided and abetted by twin 1.

Good work Grandad.
Add in a fortuitious sending off and an offside goal and you're right, genius.

Unread 29-10-2012, 09:02 AM
Gruber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off

Come on now, the chewin grandpa is known to get one or two things right from time to time

Unread 29-10-2012, 09:03 AM
Liu Jian

Masterclass is probably too strong a word considering what happened after the Mata goal, but it was nice to see some effective tactics being used again.

Unread 29-10-2012, 09:05 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
got you there hedgers.

thought saf set the team up well yesterday, not sure he could have done anything differently with the players he has in midfield and centre half, but then again who's responsibility is that?

Unread 29-10-2012, 09:11 AM
Switching Off

Said in the week he needed to scrap the diamond yesterday. We were getting no joy centrally with it and with the way we were conceding, wingers were the way to go to at least create chances and score more than them. I think we all know who the real genius is here

Unread 29-10-2012, 09:14 AM
rafabio

Team was good. But should have brought on scholes in the 2nd half and tried to keep posession. And valencia was woeful after the first 20 mins. Looked shit scared of doing anything positive.

Unread 29-10-2012, 09:30 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Said in the week he needed to scrap the diamond yesterday. We were getting no joy centrally with it and with the way we were conceding, wingers were the way to go to at least create chances and score more than them. I think we all know who the real genius is here
Throb

Unread 29-10-2012, 09:35 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Throb
Fred's brendan rodgers

Unread 29-10-2012, 09:35 AM
redhegemony

Crikey the shit him and Mickey shorts get on here and he gets us that result..the poor decisions weren't one sided (maybe two decent pen shouts) Torres red card in 1st half - all a bit marginal.

Assume Fletch must be a bit knackered otherwise would have been on the bench?

Unread 29-10-2012, 10:08 AM
LaPaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
Team was good. But should have brought on scholes in the 2nd half and tried to keep posession. And valencia was woeful after the first 20 mins. Looked shit scared of doing anything positive.
two Scholes tackles would have seen us down to 10 men yesterday

Unread 29-10-2012, 11:18 AM
redrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
4 things stand out

Good work Grandad.
Agree all of that, esp 3. Not Young's biggest fan, but considering he's been out, he did a great job for the team.

There is a 5th point - Subbing Rooney when he did. The red mist had taken hold and he was one challenge away from joining Ivanovic and the Ladyboy.

Unread 29-10-2012, 11:20 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrose
Agree all of that, esp 3. Not Young's biggest fan, but considering he's been out, he did a great job for the team.

There is a 5th point - Subbing Rooney when he did. The red mist had taken hold and he was one challenge away from joining Ivanovic and the Ladyboy.
that last bit's harldy tactical genius is it About five minutes before it happened I said to my missus "we should get that stupid @#%&! off now" I'm going to get her to call me "Pep" when I get home.

Unread 29-10-2012, 11:23 AM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
come on dawg, I did give him credit. Said he set the team up well. Said it right there in that post.
I think the fact you alluded to him setting the team up like that on account of him having no other option (also his fault) kind of nullified any credit that was given in the first part of the sentance

Unread 29-10-2012, 11:48 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
I think the fact you alluded to him setting the team up like that on account of him having no other option (also his fault) kind of nullified any credit that was given in the first part of the sentance
no way I'm giving him 100% credit. He's an ego maniac.

Unread 29-10-2012, 11:56 AM
Jack Duckworth

imo, we are playing a lot more like a united team should do this season, especially away from home.

Unread 29-10-2012, 12:07 PM
The taste of...

OP is right IMO but once they went down to 9 why no Scholes?

He'd have had them on their knees within his first 500 passes

Unread 29-10-2012, 12:09 PM
nasss

No-one giving Margaret, 80, from Rochdale her due for sorting fergieman out??

No way he could have done this on his own imo.

Quote:
She said: “Have you not noticed all the goals you’re giving away when you’re playing that stupid diamond position? We have to go back to playing normally and catch up.”

Fergie later told a press conference: “I’d better not upset her. Did you hear her on MUTV? She’s 80, phoned up and said ‘I’m fed up watching this diamond’. She said ‘Tell that manager to stop playing that diamond’. So I better not play it! I don't want to upset her.”
http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereven...h-with-chelsea

Unread 29-10-2012, 12:13 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
imo, we are playing a lot more like a united team should do this season, especially away from home.
for about half an hour a game. it's as if the system completely shocks teams and it takes them twenty minutes to work out, that if you stop cleverley trying to one-two off his knee we become quite easy to stop.

edit: so throb's actually 80 year old woman

Unread 29-10-2012, 12:15 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
for about half an hour a game. it's as if the system completely shocks teams and it takes them twenty minutes to work out, that if you stop cleverley trying to one-two off his knee we become quite easy to stop.

edit: so throb's actually 80 year old woman
we're playing better than we were last season and are definitely more exciting to watch.
Closed Thread