United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 02-05-2022, 09:58 PM
Ronny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
If that's Ronaldo's last game at OT then a fitting end to the greatest player to ever wear the shirt. To wear any shirt. Sublime.
Even a stopped clock is correct twice a day.
yhgr

Unread 02-05-2022, 09:59 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
If that's Ronaldo's last game at OT then a fitting end to the greatest player to ever wear the shirt. To wear any shirt. Sublime.
He's here next season, did the "staying here" fingers after the pen....

Unread 02-05-2022, 10:00 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
He's here next season, did the "staying here" fingers after the pen....
Definitely staying

Unread 02-05-2022, 10:01 PM
Blomq15

Needs to go.

Unread 02-05-2022, 10:02 PM
ZiggyStardust

Surprisingly good performance
Once again it was the old guard of Ronaldo, Mata and Matic that were by the far our best players

Left a sour taste in my mouth that none of the young lads got the last 20 minutes
Disappointed in Ralf there

Anyway at the least the home campaign is over so no more disgraceful OT performances as there’s been enough already this season

Unread 02-05-2022, 10:07 PM
windy waffles

McTommers, Fred and Varan were gonna go down the tunnel before being told to get back...

Unread 02-05-2022, 10:08 PM
puressence

Enjoyed that wonder what score bilbo baggins will say Brentford should have won

Unread 02-05-2022, 10:13 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Surprisingly good performance
Once again it was the old guard of Ronaldo, Mata and Matic that were by the far our best players

Left a sour taste in my mouth that none of the young lads got the last 20 minutes
Disappointed in Ralf there

Anyway at the least the home campaign is over so no more disgraceful OT performances as there’s been enough already this season
Just be grateful it’s the last we see of them

Unread 02-05-2022, 10:14 PM
goonlooca

Bruno's goal
Ronnie's pen
Varane's goal

Unread 02-05-2022, 10:37 PM
RARAMSES

jamie carragher talking utter shit

Unread 02-05-2022, 10:43 PM
dunk

Keano

Unread 02-05-2022, 11:19 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Keano
What’s he said/saying?

Unread 02-05-2022, 11:34 PM
Weekend Hussler

Convinced if Mata had played more, we would have more points in the bag.

Just a lovely footballer.

Unread 02-05-2022, 11:34 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
What’s he said/saying?
He did a best ever United team thing and was talking about fights with Schmeichel, Pallister and that VdS would’ve got it had he stayed at the club a few more weeks. A fair few jabs at Neville too

Schmeichel
Neville
Irwin
Pallister
Stam
Ince
Robson
Beckham
Giggs
Ronaldo
Rooney

In case you were wondering. It was a decent watch tbf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Hussler
Convinced if Mata had played more, we would have more points in the bag.

Just a lovely footballer.
Moving Bruno into the attack and having a player that can actually pass the ball in midfield, and is prepared to play the more adventurous pass, seems such a simple idea.

Unread 02-05-2022, 11:40 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

having a player that can actually pass the ball in midfield, and is prepared to play the more adventurous pass, seems such a simple idea.

Unread 03-05-2022, 09:40 AM
Buck

Mata was wasted out on the wing for most of his time here. Why so many managers chose not to give him a run through the middle which allows him to have more space and opens up the pitch more is something that doesn't make sense to me. The only reason I can think of is they believed he was not good enough to be building a team around. Chelsea won a Champions League with him in the No 10 spot though. I think it was still worth a try at some point. Especially given how many high profile forwards were signed after him and flopped but he still contributed to the team.

He has excellent technique, his first touch is world class, he can pick a pass still, when he was younger he scored a lot of goals. He still had a fine career for United despite not being utilised properly and judging on last night he should have been used more this season.

Unread 03-05-2022, 09:45 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Mata was wasted out on the wing for most of his time here. Why so many managers chose not to give him a run through the middle which allows him to have more space and opens up the pitch more is something that doesn't make sense to me. The only reason I can think of is they believed he was not good enough to be building a team around. Chelsea won a Champions League with him in the No 10 spot though. I think it was still worth a try at some point. Especially given how many high profile forwards were signed after him and flopped but he still contributed to the team.

He has excellent technique, his first touch is world class, he can pick a pass still, when he was younger he scored a lot of goals. He still had a fine career for United despite not being utilised properly and judging on last night he should have been used more this season.

Because managers have always had what they thought were 'better' players in his position.

Moyes and LVG had Wazza
Jose/Ole Pogba
Ole/Ragnick Bruno

All occupy that role.

Another reason why Pogba was an awful signing.

Unread 03-05-2022, 09:49 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Because managers have always had what they thought were 'better' players in his position.

Moyes and LVG had Wazza
Jose/Ole Pogba
Ole/Ragnick Bruno

All occupy that role.

Another reason why Pogba was an awful signing.
I’m all for pogba bashing as much as the next guy. But 90% of his time at United he played as a 6

Unread 03-05-2022, 10:05 AM
dunk

Possibly, but I was answering why he didn’t play there that often.

We got the best out of him from the right, really.

Unread 03-05-2022, 10:11 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Possibly, but I was answering why he didn’t play there that often.

We got the best out of him from the right, really.
I’m sure LVG had a tactic to push him wide, he cuts on his left and crosses for fellaini