Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-03-2014, 02:58 PM
Vetch

Not turned up.

Unread 28-03-2014, 03:03 PM
Lok

Moyes:

We didn’t play well. The players are hurting like me and want to show it vs Villa.

The players know exactly what it is to play for Manchester United - they know the standards they have to set.

I’m more driven than ever to succeed. I want the team to turn around and I want to change the position we’re in

Unread 28-03-2014, 03:05 PM
Vetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Moyes:

We didn’t play well. The players are hurting like me and want to show it vs Villa.

The players know exactly what it is to play for Manchester United - they know the standards they have to set.

I’m more driven than ever to succeed. I want the team to turn around and I want to change the position we’re in
What did he say about fergie leaving him a shit team?

Unread 28-03-2014, 03:06 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Moyes:

He's already done that. He should be proud.

Unread 28-03-2014, 03:11 PM
Lok

He got a really easy ride from the hacks. Nothing difficult whatsoever. The club must have warned them that they'll not be back if they rock the boat.

Unread 28-03-2014, 03:17 PM
Lok

Talking about the plane:

"They are entitled to do that. Everywhere I go I get great support from Manchester United supporters"

He said that most of the fans are behind him

Unread 28-03-2014, 03:28 PM
Vetch

Just said he's got another 5 years to turn it round.

Unread 28-03-2014, 03:31 PM
Lok

More:

You work hard to get here in the first place but I’ve got to say I’m more driven to succeed than ever because I want the team to turn around and I want to change the position we’re in just now. I really do believe we can do that. We’ve got a great club, which gives you the chance to do that because of the people we can attract and the players we can attract to the club. But it’s just going to take a little bit of time to get it sorted.

Everywhere I go, I get great support from Manchester United supporters," he stated. "I was really fortunate to be at a dinner last night for Darren Fletcher and the amount of supporters who were up, saying: 'Keep going, we understand exactly the situation the club and the team is in’. So they were really supportive and every time I’ve gone to Old Trafford, the crowd have been great. I’m seeing it differently to what a lot of people are seeing.

But results are what really matter. The business is results-driven and I’m keen to get those results to move up the table. I’m repeating myself but it’s actually not what I’ve been witnessing [any negativity]. I’m witnessing great support: the people I bump into outside the ground, Manchester United supporters.

There’s a rebuilding plan underway and anybody who has an understanding of the game understands that will happen. And the people who put me in the job here are top football people who understand the game and know exactly what is required at Manchester United. They know exactly the sort of characters you need to run the club.

Unread 28-03-2014, 03:33 PM
Ethers

I £#%&!ing detest him.

Unread 28-03-2014, 03:34 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

Quote:
I’m witnessing great support: the people I bump into outside the ground, Manchester United supporters.
Most people wouldn't want to be outright rude in his face. That's just bad manners.

In the same way if the club really are planning to replace him he won't know about it.

Unread 28-03-2014, 03:36 PM
rafabio

if anyone thinks fans should tone down abuse towards moyes after that conference they are mad. the only way he will be £#%&!ed off is if the crowd really starts turning against him. what a £#%&!ing @#%&!. hate him and his depressing face.

Unread 28-03-2014, 03:37 PM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moyes

There’s a rebuilding plan underway and anybody who has an understanding of the game understands that will happen. And the people who put me in the job here are top football people who understand the game and know exactly what is required at Manchester United.

Unread 28-03-2014, 03:41 PM
boreez

Well that explains it all. Cancel the plane.

Unread 28-03-2014, 03:42 PM
David Moist

He started his rebuilding plan by signing Fellaini for 27.5m quid. Fellaini doesn't have the legs to play central midfield (nor any other attributes for that role, but legs are the main one) and he can't even get ahead of Cleverley half the time.

Sorry for not trusting your rebuilding plan when the players we've been most heavily linked to are Sheamus Coleman, Ross Barkley, and Leighton Baines, all for ridiculous fees.

Unread 28-03-2014, 03:44 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
They know exactly the sort of characters you need to run the club.
That would be a pleasant surprise.

Unread 28-03-2014, 03:44 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
he's a £#%&!ing scumbag

and she's the best looking woman to ever grace the screen imo.

Unread 28-03-2014, 03:48 PM
Admiral

He's not going is he? The Bayern games are a bye for him. We are expected to lose, the rest of the season is over. So he can now start to concentrate on his transfer targets and rebuilding in the summer.

Unread 28-03-2014, 03:49 PM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
and she's the best looking woman to ever grace the screen imo.
yes indeed, audrey is so great that even my Mrs fancies her

Unread 28-03-2014, 03:52 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:

"I want the team to turn around and I want to change the position we're in," says Moyes at his pre-match news conference. "I'm more driven than ever to succeed."*

"The players know exactly what it is to play for Manchester United - they know the standards they have to set," adds the Scot. "We didn't play well against Manchester City in the derby. The players are hurting like me and want to show it against Aston Villa on Saturday."*

Manchester United boss David Moyes on reports some fans have paid to hire a plane to fly over Old Trafford on Saturday with a banner calling for him to be sacked:
"I have heard of it and what they are saying about it. People can do that. They are entitled to do that. But this is something which is a long journey here, this is only the start of the journey. Everywhere I go I get great support from Manchester United supporters."

"I was at a dinner last night for Darren Fletcher andthere were Manchester United supporters who came up to me and said 'come on, keep going, we understand exactly the situation the club is in and team is in'. They were really supportive and every time I have been to Old Trafford they have been great."

Manager*David Moyes insists he retains the full support of his Manchester United players. "Definitely. I've got no reason to suggest anything else," he adds. "They're great, they train great, we work well together, we have a great relationship as far as I'm concerned.
"But what I want is for us to have a winning team. A lot of people are saying that, with the quality we've got, why are we not performing?
"There are reasons. There's a new manager and everybody is well aware that there will have to be changes in the squad, and that will take time. People need to understand that it's not just going to happen overnight."

"We go into the Villa game knowing that we want to go into the Munich game in good fettle," says United boss David Moyes. "And we're looking forward to it because we played really well at West Ham and if we can follow up with a similar performance, I'll be more than happy.
"But then we play against maybe the best team in Europe in midweek, which we're looking forward to."

Unread 28-03-2014, 03:52 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral
He's not going is he? The Bayern games are a bye for him. We are expected to lose, the rest of the season is over. So he can now start to concentrate on his transfer targets and rebuilding in the summer.
Horrific. How many more African Reds must we lose before the club does the right thing? State of it
Closed Thread