United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 26-12-2017, 11:27 PM
waynes ear's

Unread 26-12-2017, 11:28 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Maybe he can fix it

Unread 26-12-2017, 11:28 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
True, but we played some real shit football in Fergie's last four seasons as well.

Who's playing outstanding football this season apart from City ?

It's the man's second season, he won two trophies last year. What did Pep win ?

He's changing the squad, he's got rid of some, he's used some of the youth, he's bought reasonably well, but perhaps also a dud or two... like Fergie never done that.

We expect more, of course we do and maybe we'll still finish with silverwear.

City are an anomaly this season, we'll be back up there soon enough.
Nailed tatters: Hopefully the Herculean physical performance of some of City’s players causes lasting damage to them. Keep waiting for a drop and slide. Thought his game plan was to get far enough in front before it started taking its toll but the f***ers won’t die:

Unread 26-12-2017, 11:29 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I’m sure they log on to the forum and sniffle into their gold lamé pyjamas after every game

You £#%&!ing idiot.

There is no plan or style of play, hence they struggle like £#%&! to break down even the most basic of organisation and cannot impose themselves on games against any side capable of passing the ball. Out of undead after 20 minutes. No early goal, problems..

Pogba sticks out like a £#%&!ing sore thumb, but I don’t think it’s possible to credit Mourinho with the master stroke of signing one of the highest profile players in the World
Are you that £#%&!ing stupid you think players don't know when they are being criticised? Did you not hear the booing at HT ? Probably not, probably too busy booing yourself . @#%&!s like you are the type of Utd fans I despise. You have a sense of entitlement & I couldn't see you ever being happy.

Unread 26-12-2017, 11:33 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
The agenda driven noncesense about Mo is tedious, if he walked down the irwell and fed the stretty with four fish and a loaf while winning the ECL they'd still be sniping
the agenda driven nonsense forgiving mo is tedious. if he played his pipe and all our children followed him into the irwell and were drowned whilst we won absolutely £#%&! all and playing unwatchable shit stupid football, some people would still be waiting for a couple more transfer windows and another £300mio before making a comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
True, but we played some real shit football in Fergie's last four seasons as well. true, but irrelevant. no excuse for us playing shit football.

Who's playing outstanding football this season apart from City ? no one. but that's no excuse for us.

It's the man's second season, he won two trophies last year. What did Pep win ? it's not about winning trophies, it's about looking organised, coached, committed, intelligent, etc. we don't have a right to win trophies, but we do have a right to expect competence and commitment.

He's changing the squad, he's got rid of some, he's used some of the youth, he's bought reasonably well, but perhaps also a dud or two... like Fergie never done that. it's not about fergie (who got plenty of criticism for his shit); it's about mourinho. he isn't showing anyone who thought he was all wrong for united anything that will make them think again.

We expect more, of course we do and maybe we'll still finish with silverwear.

City are an anomaly this season, we'll be back up there soon enough.
we won't be back up there unless we have someone who can make the best of what we have. they need organisation. his tactics are shit to watch and ineffective.

Unread 26-12-2017, 11:34 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Are you that £#%&!ing stupid you think players don't know when they are being criticised? Did you not hear the booing at HT ? Probably not, probably too busy booing yourself . @#%&!s like you are the type of Utd fans I despise. You have a sense of entitlement & I couldn't see you ever being happy.
You stupid bastard I’m advocating a slow build to get something tangible rather than the quick fix bullshit you are currently defending the implementation of a style, the purchasing, promotion and perseverance with potential and actual coaching of the players, all of which is the polar opposite of what we’re £#%&!ing seeing now. I’d be happier seeing a side evolving rather than bludgeoning it’s way from soul destroying game to soul destroying game in the hope of a league cup win

If a type of United fan is to be despised, it’s happy with shit #@&%!s like yourself.

Unread 26-12-2017, 11:37 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Maybe he can fix it
Shut up

Unread 26-12-2017, 11:38 PM
Clownbones

Thumbs up

Quote:
You stupid bastard I’m advocating a slow build to get something tangible rather than the quick fix bullshit you are currently defending the implantation of a style, the purchasing, promotion and perseverance with potential and actual coaching of the players, all of which is the polar opposite of what we’re £#%&!ing seeing now. I’d be happier seeing a side evolving rather than bludgeoning it’s way from soul destroying game to soul destroying game in the hope of a league cup win

If a type of United fan is to be despised, it’s happy with shit #@&%!s like yourself.
That's the one fella.

Put better than I could

Halfway down the wrong path.

Unread 26-12-2017, 11:40 PM
Kangared

Quote:
You stupid bastard I’m advocating a slow build to get something tangible rather than the quick fix bullshit you are currently defending the implantation of a style, the purchasing, promotion and perseverance with potential and actual coaching of the players, all of which is the polar opposite of what we’re £#%&!ing seeing now.

Slow build?

This is a slow build. One peg at a time. he has brought in 3 or 4 players each Summer window. Do you not think each signing was justified? I didn't agree with the Lindelof signing but for the most he has got it right. MickyT just hunt delivered what I think we all thought he would. Jose's coaching style isn't that different to Fergusons latter years but many seem to have airbrushed that . I agree his youth policy isn't what I would like to see but given the mess we were left in & the demands of the owners & stock exchange for success who else could Utd have turned to ? And even you would have to accept the big improvement in the results AND performances since he arrived.

Unread 26-12-2017, 11:42 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Slow build?

This is a slow build. One peg at a time. he has brought in 3 or 4 players each Summer window. Do you not think each signing was justified? I didn't agree with the Lindelof signing but for the most he has got it right. MickyT just hunt delivered what I think we all thought he would. Jose's coaching style isn't that different to Fergusons latter years but many seem to have airbrushed that . I agree his youth policy isn't what I would like to see but given the mess we were left in & the demands of the owners & stock exchange for success who else could Utd have turned to ? And even you would have to accept the big improvement in the results AND performances since he arrived.
What do you think he's building to pal?

What's his end game? Ideal side? What kind of team do you think he wants us to be ?

Unread 26-12-2017, 11:43 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
That's the one fella.

Put better than I could

Halfway down the wrong path.
Thats not a path, its an unrealistic fantasy

Unread 26-12-2017, 11:45 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Thats not a path, its an unrealistic fantasy
Perseverance of potential and implementation of style is a fantasy?

I really don't think it's much to ask. If the club stopped completely shitting their knickers at the mere threat of finishing as disgustingly low as 5th or having to go a mammoth 1 year without a trophy, maybe we'd see a plan unfold.

Unread 26-12-2017, 11:46 PM
dunk

Quote:
Slow build?

I wouldn’t say there has been a big improvement in performance tbh. Different performances, but not a big improvement, especially considering the vast improvement of attacking options...

Quite happy with some of the signings, less with others. Not overjoyed with the players he continues to put his faith in and those he marginalises.

Absolutely despise the ‘style’ of play and the objective of the side; sneak in front and hold on for dear life.

The ‘build’ is but scratching the surface, it’s not building a team that can last for any length of time, it’s an attempt to get results until Mourinho flicks off, to preserve his record, hence he’s happy to be efficient and pragmatic. He Jayah can’t instill the loyalty and desire to work for him in the players he could in the past.

Unread 26-12-2017, 11:47 PM
Kangared

Quote:
What do you think he's building to pal?

What's his end game? Ideal side? What kind of team do you think he wants us to be ?
A winning team. Isn't that what we want ? Thats what he has always delivered & the improvement is crystal clear from under the last manager. Its not an instant fix as you have alluded to yourself. There is a lot of deadwood left over from previous managers & we didn't have the quality spine of fernandinho, Aguerro , Silva & De Bruyne that Pep inherited .
We have been involved in 2 really entertaining games in 3 days yet because we didn't win the haters are out. So, tell me what you want ? Entertainment or results ?

Unread 26-12-2017, 11:48 PM
dunk

He’d win the league and £#%&! off in the summer by any means necessary. He doesn’t give a shit about anything but his own personal record.

Unread 26-12-2017, 11:50 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
I wouldn’t say there has been a big improvement in performance tbh. Different performances, but not a big improvement, especially considering the vast improvement of attacking options...

Quite happy with some of the signings, less with others. Not overjoyed with the players he continues to put his faith in and those he marginalises.

Absolutely despise the ‘style’ of play and the objective of the side; sneak in front and hold on for dear life.

The ‘build’ is but scratching the surface, it’s not building a team that can last for any length of time, it’s an attempt to get results until Mourinho flicks off, to preserve his record, hence he’s happy to be efficient and pragmatic. He Jayah can’t instill the loyalty and desire to work for him in the players he could in the past.
He cares about his own CV looking good and his own records and little battles with other managers and doesn't give a £#%&! how he does it.

It's why he's been successful and why he doesn5 stick around. That doesn't happen by accident

He is what he is. Fair enough but what he is is not befitting Manchester United in anyway.

Kangared

Quote:

he brought in mix of quality young players & old experienced players. The results are what matters in this industry given Utd are now a Stock exchange commodity & he is for the most part getting those results. I don't always like the way we play, but its the way he has won so many trophies . The club had absolutely no choice once Klopp went to Liverpool & Pep went to City. Its not Jose you should be venting on, its the owners & Ed

Buck

Quote:
You stupid bastard I’m advocating a slow build to get something tangible rather than the quick fix bullshit you are currently defending the implementation of a style, the purchasing, promotion and perseverance with potential and actual coaching of the players, all of which is the polar opposite of what we’re f***ing seeing now. I’d be happier seeing a side evolving rather than bludgeoning it’s way from soul destroying game to soul destroying game in the hope of a league cup win

I see your point. If football was only about winning then you should just follow the scores like the old ceefax days. Clearly the actual play doesn't matter if you're that way inclined.

Unread 26-12-2017, 11:52 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
A winning team. Isn't that what we want ? Thats what he has always delivered & the improvement is crystal clear from under the last manager. Its not an instant fix as you have alluded to yourself. There is a lot of deadwood left over from previous managers & we didn't have the quality spine of fernandinho, Aguerro , Silva & De Bruyne that Pep inherited .
We have been involved in 2 really entertaining games in 3 days yet because we didn't win the haters are out. So, tell me what you want ? Entertainment or results ?
A winning team is one aspect. And not one we prioritise when we talk about this supposed 'United way'.

People say there isn't a United way. I say there is, but there won't be if we keep sacrificing it for fear of failure every two years.

Unread 26-12-2017, 11:53 PM
Kangared

Quote:
He cares about his own CV looking good and his own records and little battles with other managers and doesn't give a £#%&! how he does it.

It's why he's been successful and why he doesn5 stick around. That doesn't happen by accident

He is what he is. Fair enough but what he is is not befitting Manchester United in anyway.
Those things have made him the winner he is .
Is he my favourite manager? No, but he is the manager at the club I support & despite all the negatives comments he is improving us.