United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > TV / Film / Books / Arts

Unread 26-04-2019, 07:24 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Because it's clearly a "pop culture event" and I like to keep my finger on the pulse given that it's been mentioned on pretty much every site I visit.
But you don't like them. Why waste your time reading the plot of a film you know you won't like. It's fucking weird.

Unread 26-04-2019, 07:27 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
But you don't like them. Why waste your time reading the plot of a film you know you won't like. It's fucking weird.
Because there's a big campaign following the film regarding spoilers and it took all of 2 minutes

Unread 26-04-2019, 07:31 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Because there's a big campaign following the film regarding spoilers and it took all of 2 minutes
Ok mate

Unread 26-04-2019, 08:00 PM
signed dc

I liked it, kids loved it - good, entertaining family blockbuster.
Only downside was cinema being really busy and having to sit next to a large smelly manchild wearing a marvel t-shirt.

Unread 26-04-2019, 08:16 PM
Sparky***

Goth

Imagine being that upset that people can sit and enjoy a film.

Unread 26-04-2019, 09:07 PM
TheFatGoth

Not upset, just find the praise these films get completely disproportionate to their actual quality. They should be held in similar regard as Transformers, Fast and Furious or Pirates of the Caribbean films but people talk about them like they're masterpieces of cinema.

It is Disney though, so probably shouldn't be too surprised...

Unread 26-04-2019, 09:16 PM
Sparky***

the last jedi was pretty poor

Unread 26-04-2019, 11:46 PM
ericcantona

I thought it was absolutely fantastic.

Must say I’m sick of these wankers on here going out of their way to tell everyone how they hate superhero films or GoT or line of duty with more posts than anyone else on the threads. Fuck off. Weirdos.

Unread 26-04-2019, 11:49 PM
TheFatGoth

Brutal review

https://dailyreview.com.au/avengers-...-cinema/82852/

Quote:
They present a narrative in which something, or someone, is inevitable until it is not, and someone, or something, can’t be undone until it can. Instead of creatively addressing the ellipsis they bunged onto the end of Infinity War, robbing audiences of a conclusion while having the gall to instruct them ‘not to spoil the secrets,’ they simply hit a button marked “time travel.” Thus everything can be undone, redone, whatever. It is the equal worst plot development in a superhero movie since Christopher Reeves span the earth backwards in the original Superman.
Quote:
Imagine if all storytellers had this kind of disregard for their own fans, and indeed for their own creations. No word ever spoken and no deed ever committed on screen would ever be worth anything. That’s actually a pretty good way to look at Infinity War and Endgame: in these films nothing is ever worth anything; not even grief.
Quote:
I might be tempted to describe Infinity War and Endgame as a couple of the worst and most ideologically vacuous blockbuster movies ever made – except I’m no longer sure they should even be called movies in the first place.

They are elephantine slabs of advertising, obviously, representing an era of advertising and brand management on an unprecedented scale
Quote:
The anonymous streamlined ‘style’ of the MCU franchise has been finessed over several years and reaches its machine-tooled epitomisation in Endgame. Rarely if ever have films of any kind felt so devoid of human presence. Endgamehas no sense of soul, no feeling that a real person exists behind the wheel. You could remove the names of the directors from the credits of every MCU movie and nobody would give a damn – especially not the studio that bankrolls them.

Unread 26-04-2019, 11:52 PM
ericcantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
Because he probably never leaves his bedroom at his mums house to go to the cinema and actually watch it.