United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
Closed Thread

Unread 04-04-2007, 05:57 PM
shadowplay

Default Chinese Restaurants

Anyone else get slightly pissed off with the waiters in Chinese Restaurants ?

Fair enough, they are always quick to ask you if everything is alright and the food is delivered as soon as it is done, but everytime I've eaten in one, the waiters hover around waiting for you to finish as though they want to f*** you out as soon as possible, and are a bit pushy.

Anyone else feel like this?

Or am i just a big racist?

Unread 04-04-2007, 06:29 PM
MakeBelieve

yeah I hate that too, they're probably only following orders but if I had a problem with my meal I'd let them know about it myself thanks

I do like it when they cut up the duck and flick it all over the place though and when random flames leap up from other tables from obscure dishes being served

oh and yes you are a racist

Unread 04-04-2007, 06:32 PM
shyteds

Gone off Chinese food, plays hell with my irritable bowel syndrome. Iím like a seagull when I eat that stuff, right through me.

Unread 04-04-2007, 06:39 PM
CamelToe

i love it. far better than going somewhere like cafe rouge and having to wait 10-15 minutes (if you're lucky) every time you want some service.

Unread 04-04-2007, 06:42 PM
Revulva

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay

Fair enough, they are always quick to ask you if everything is alright and the food is delivered as soon as it is done, but everytime I've eaten in one, the waiters hover around waiting for you to finish as though they want to f*** you out as soon as possible, and are a bit pushy.

Never had that kind of problem mate. I like them being attentive and not like some chip on his shoulder frog or greaseball who deliberately ignores me.

I do think they like to keep the attractive looking types in the restaurant though.

Unread 04-04-2007, 07:29 PM
shadowplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeBelieve
yeah I hate that too, they're probably only following orders but if I had a problem with my meal I'd let them know about it myself thanks

I do like it when they cut up the duck and flick it all over the place though and when random flames leap up from other tables from obscure dishes being served

oh and yes you are a racist
Phew!

They may well be following orders, but the lad who was waiting my table the other day had a right attitude problem, and nearly threw my bowl of rice at me

His problem most likely had something to do with the fact that we arrived in around 10 minutes before closing, but how were we to know?and if that was the case, the f***er could have politely asked told us that we were too late to be served, and we'd have been alright with that.

and yes, that flicking is ducking funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyteds
Gone off Chinese food, plays hell with my irritable bowel syndrome. Iím like a seagull when I eat that stuff, right through me.
Unlucky,

I f***ing love it, though it can be a bit hard on the old stomach at times

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamelToe
i love it. far better than going somewhere like cafe rouge and having to wait 10-15 minutes (if you're lucky) every time you want some service.
Yeah, i have no problem with the pace that they do it at, just don't like the way they rush you when its plain to see that you haven't finished,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revulva
Never had that kind of problem mate. I like them being attentive and not like some chip on his shoulder frog or greaseball who deliberately ignores me.

I do think they like to keep the attractive looking types in the restaurant though.
As i say, they are fine on the whole, but are a bit pushy, which can be off-putting at times.

Unread 04-04-2007, 08:20 PM
Red Caz

Shadow when eating out

a) Always tip good service well
b) Always complain about crap service

Okay, being a waiter/waitress might not be their ideal job and they might just be doing it for beer money at Uni but tough. They're there to provide a service and to reflect well on their company, same as any other job. It might be crap money but it's paying their bills.

Unread 04-04-2007, 11:44 PM
shadowplay

To be honest, Caz, I'd always tip, but I've always felt complaining was a little c***ish.Just not my thing.

Unread 04-04-2007, 11:50 PM
Brenner

Unread 05-04-2007, 12:13 AM
Skag Trendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay

RACIST

Closed Thread