Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun View Post
Seagull shat on Jaffos head there
Truly heart warming story

Unread 16-06-2019, 12:06 PM
NinoyAquino

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith View Post
Was an incredible day - stunning weather and the right temperature for me, gorgeous beach, paddle boarding then into the old town for beautiful food and booze then back on ye beach for slightly smashed swimming before back in for more food and booze.

Went to some of the bars Nino recommended - thanks pal, they were brilliant.

An incredible place.
Yes pal

glad you got to make use of the excellent beach too.

Unread 16-06-2019, 12:32 PM
Hema

The Angel in Dartmouth. Did the lunch menu and was able to book 1 day before. Fantastic seafood. Can get ferry from Kingswear for a couple of quid and it's pretty much as soon as you get off the jetty. Elly Wentworth from MasterChef is head chef.

Unread 16-06-2019, 05:25 PM
Baron

https://www.osteriadelproconsolo.com/

Here last night in Florence, spinach soufflé with Gorgonzola sauce (light as a feather, witchcraft) then a spicy pasta *chefs fingers* & the steak was incredible, 1.3kg T-bone to share of local Tuscan working cow, just sensational. Got through a couple of bottles of Brunello red, may have been a bit pissed by the end but fuck it. Great service as well, the lad who waited on us previously worked at Hestons gaff at the Mandarin Oriental, top bantz.

Unread 16-06-2019, 05:41 PM
Hema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
https://www.osteriadelproconsolo.com/

Here last night in Florence, spinach soufflé with Gorgonzola sauce (light as a feather, witchcraft) then a spicy pasta *chefs fingers* & the steak was incredible, 1.3kg T-bone to share of local Tuscan working cow, just sensational. Got through a couple of bottles of Brunello red, may have been a bit pissed by the end but fuck it. Great service as well, the lad who waited on us previously worked at Hestons gaff at the Mandarin Oriental, top bantz.
Sounds awesome that. My kind of night out but you ruined your review with the pseudo-crudeness.

Unread 16-06-2019, 06:23 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Man from Bury spends £650 on black pudding

It’s like a headline from the Radcliffe Advertiser

I bet they were shitting it serving him. Like Michel Roux turning up and ordering the Ortolan.

“Ee eez a yonner? Madre mia!”

Unread 16-06-2019, 06:54 PM
jaffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's View Post
Truly heart warming story
A true one as well.

Unread 17-06-2019, 10:25 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone View Post

I bet they were shitting it serving him. Like Michel Roux turning up and ordering the Ortolan.

“Ee eez a yonner? Madre mia!”
Shit out when we left because the head chef was there waiting to milk the applause of the diners as though he’d just delivered a masterpiece. Totally bottled it and said it was wonderful. He looked into my eyes though when I said it and he could see that they were dead. He knew. We both knew. The difference was that he wasn’t arsed one bit whether we enjoyed it or not whereas I was devastated- especially by the sherry. And the money. I felt like telling him that my Auntie Marie, who used to say weetabricks, would have loved all the Sherry.

Unread 04-07-2019, 07:02 AM
Knockers

Going to La Boheme in Lymm tomorrow night for our wedding anniversary. Will feel odd not to be somewhere sexy and new in town, being served by a bored art student. There’d best be white-gloved waiters and someone to take a brother’s coat. I’m thinking the gaff in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.

Unread 04-07-2019, 07:25 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers View Post
Going to La Boheme in Lymm tomorrow night for our wedding anniversary. Will feel odd not to be somewhere sexy and new in town, being served by a bored art student. There’d best be white-gloved waiters and someone to take a brother’s coat. I’m thinking the gaff in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.
It’s decent, the food is good but the head waiter thinks he’s a fucking comedian

You can always stop off at the new chippy in Partington on the way home if you’re still hungry