United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 09-02-2022, 12:48 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
It's progress. The team looks like they've been coached properly. We now start well, but run out of steam which is to be expected given the change in demands that have been made on the players.

Ralf is working with the shambles he was given, and doing well imo. Especially given his lack of experience at big clubs.

Like his no bullshit approach. Like him calling out the refs as well.

Would like to see some rage on the touchline. Ferguson would have been puce and apoplectic last night at them decisions.

Shocking game management, especially last couple of games but frustration aside, good points here.

Unread 09-02-2022, 12:50 PM
dunk

‘The team looks coached..’

Does it? It looks exactly as it did prior to October, only we can’t score goals same issues; no midfield and individual mistakes, go to pieces and lose shape second half.

Unread 09-02-2022, 12:52 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
Who ruled the 2nd goal out?

I didn't see the lino put his flag up and i didn't hear the whistle
Is the Game still playing ?

(The lino & ref)

Unread 09-02-2022, 12:54 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Does it? It looks exactly as it did prior to October, only we can’t score goals same issues; no midfield and individual mistakes, go to pieces and lose shape second half.
There's been some nice build up around the area which we are seeing again for the first time this season. But we've seen that before in previous seasons for a few games, and then they all start to look clueless again. The worrying thing is now is that at times we're playing well and still dropping points against shit opposition.

We need to consistently play at least half-decent and converting those performances into results, otherwise our season is well and truly over by mid-March.

Unread 09-02-2022, 01:10 PM
believe

We’re talking about a team that is rooted to the bottom of the table with one win all season and we were lucky to get a point in the end. If we’re calling that progress then who knows where we’ll end up.

Unread 09-02-2022, 01:12 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

https://twitter.com/telegraphsport/s...291422720?s=21
He can only play with the shite he has. You’re actually complaining about the mid? No doubt you would have been complaining that “who plays with two defensive 6s against Burnley “ if he did.

He played the best team he could last night. Who do you want Scott or pogba to be replaced by? Matic , mata, Fred? Like there is some glaringly obvious mistake he has been making.

End of the day it’s on the players. 2-3 different managers same output. Ralf can only instruct them and set them up. Not taking your chances isn’t a manager thing. Making dumb £#%&!ing decisions like slabhead isn’t a manager thing.

At best he puts lindelof or Jones in for slab? They’re as shit as each other. Right now the squad is picked on “ who is less shit than the other” when you’re picking teams like that you will never be able to sustain good results.

How does that change? By signing players, the manager isn’t backed by the board . But sure blame the “non existent “ for last night because there were so many obvious different choices and options he could have made.

Suppose you want Bruno benched so Fred or matic can play?

As much as I shit on pogba and want him gone the talent is there. He is the only Cm we have to can pass. So you want to drop him for Fred ( who offers £#%&! all in ball movement and attack it matic?)

The issues we have run deep. Ralf doesn’t have the backing to change it. Neither will the next manager . We are finished as a club aiming to win things

Unread 09-02-2022, 01:18 PM
dunk

I’ve been saying the midfield options are shite for years. He didn’t have anyone worthwhile on the bench last night from a CM pov.

Thread..

Unread 09-02-2022, 01:47 PM
Hyman_Roth

I’d say we look as bad as we’ve ever done and worse than we did under ole in previous seasons.

But I think the circumstances and issues Ralf has on his plate are far worse than we’ve had previously and it will take time to sort and we should improve. To a degree.

Nothing I’ve seen suggests we’ll improve in any material way though. We have too much shit in too many positions, a temporary and under qualified manager and woefully under qualified coaching staff. And that’s before you look at the issues elsewhere at the club.

Unread 09-02-2022, 01:51 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
I’d say we look as bad as we’ve ever done and worse than we did under ole in previous seasons.

But I think the circumstances and issues Ralf has on his plate are far worse than we’ve had previously and it will take time to sort and we should improve. To a degree.

Nothing I’ve seen suggests we’ll improve in any material way though. We have too much shit in too many positions, a temporary and under qualified manager and woefully under qualified coaching staff. And that’s before you look at the issues elsewhere at the club.
I think thats a bit harsh

we were a bit unlucky yesterday

Unread 09-02-2022, 01:58 PM
Danoli

I agree, we were unlucky.

Comments that we were lucky to hang on for a point are pure nonsense.

Unread 09-02-2022, 02:11 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli
I agree, we were unlucky.

Comments that we were lucky to hang on for a point are pure nonsense.
Don’t think anyone thinks we were hanging on but it could have gone either way in the end. We’re clutching at straws about a point against the worst team in the league.

What people are conveniently forgetting is this is still the “easy” run of games that was going to ease Rangnick in and we’ve done nothing with it and we’re out of a competition. We’ve got the CL on the 24th then a run of difficult games in March. By the end of which we could see ourselves out of everything.

Unread 09-02-2022, 02:18 PM
waynes ear's

23rd

Unread 09-02-2022, 02:20 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
23rd
24th for me. Mad innit.

Unread 09-02-2022, 02:24 PM
waynes ear's

games on the 23rd, nobody gives a £#%&! about your wacky timezone shit pal

Unread 09-02-2022, 02:29 PM
shenwen

I'm backing Ralf (or whovever comes in if not him) for the simple reason that this season finally feels like a tipping point. We could be losing up to ten players in the summer, including those on loan, those in prison and some of the geriatrics still in the squad. Got to think Martial, Lingard, Henderson and Pogba for sure. Bailly and Jones also looking likely. Mata and Matic maybe. Questions about Ronaldo, Cavani and Beek. Be very surprised (and pissed off) if half of them are still with us next season. Be even happier if we could find a way of adding Maguire and Fred to the list.

If we don't do a serious bit of business, we're left with a tiny squad, boosted by maybe four or five younger players coming through or coming back from loan - Elanga, Hannibal, Amad, Pellestri, maybe Garner and Laird.

Surely something has to happen? Doesn't it?

Unread 09-02-2022, 02:30 PM
Sparky***

Last 3 games.

75 shots on goal. 3 goals.

The forwards and midfield are the problem.

Unread 09-02-2022, 02:35 PM
armchair

Someone should make a video of shaw in the first halves of games versus the second halves. Halftime is like the nutty professor when the serum runs out and he goes fat again.

Unread 09-02-2022, 02:38 PM
dunk

If we’d been 3 or 4 up Friday or last night at HT nobody would’ve batted an eyelid. The second half performances are perplexing.

Unread 09-02-2022, 02:40 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Someone should make a video of shaw in the first halves of games versus the second halves. Halftime is like the nutty professor when the serum runs out and he goes fat again.

So true. I sometimes wonder why Shaw is being given a hard time on here after games when I can remember him playing well. Then I remember his second half performances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Last 3 games.

75 shots on goal. 3 goals.

The forwards and midfield are the problem.
Jesus.

If Rashford could finish he'd be a 30+ a season striker with the chances he gets.

Unread 09-02-2022, 02:44 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Didn't Mou once say that he felt like he had to be Shaw's brain for him on the pitch? He was on the touchline by the bench in the first half, maybe there's something in that.