United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 09-02-2022, 10:49 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
https://twitter.com/robdawsonespn/st...958537221?s=21

The midfield can either protect the defence, ish, or help the attack, ish, they can’t do either well and can’t do both at once.
Feels like we’ve known this for years now. I’m sure under Jose it was either the first or second season, he definitely set us up at the start of one season to be an attacking outfit - I know a lot is said about Mourinho parking the bus but he’d always traditionally step it up in the second season. We ended up embarrassing ourselves and he reverted to type. Think it happened under LVG too. Definitely happened this season under Ole at the beginning

Unread 09-02-2022, 10:51 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Feels like we’ve known this for years now. I’m sure under Jose it was either the first or second season, he definitely set us up at the start of one season to be an attacking outfit - I know a lot is said about Mourinho parking the bus but he’d always traditionally step it up in the second season. We ended up embarrassing ourselves and he reverted to type. Think it happened under LVG too. Definitely happened this season under Ole at the beginning
Pretty much. We’ve not purchased an actual defensive midfielder since Matic, before that Schneiderlin? Criminal under investment in the most important area of the pitch.

Unread 09-02-2022, 10:52 AM
andyroo

It's not that we're not attacking, it's just that we're shit at it.

Unread 09-02-2022, 10:54 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
That doesn’t help. So £#%&!ing carless, Wrong Decision F.C.

Unread 09-02-2022, 10:55 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Bingo. Sancho and Rashford running into crowds of players all night, Rashford couldn't finish his £#%&!ing dinner let alone a decent chance.

Abysmal delivery from the full backs over and over and over...

And the corners. £#%&!ing hell the corners.

Unread 09-02-2022, 11:18 AM
andyroo

and our most reliable goalscorer making himself unpickable doesn't £#%&!ing help

Unread 09-02-2022, 11:24 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Rashford couldn't finish his £#%&!ing dinner
oh, my lord.... inappropriate.

Unread 09-02-2022, 11:26 AM
atticusgrinch

It's progress. The team looks like they've been coached properly. We now start well, but run out of steam which is to be expected given the change in demands that have been made on the players.

Ralf is working with the shambles he was given, and doing well imo. Especially given his lack of experience at big clubs.

Like his no bullshit approach. Like him calling out the refs as well.

Would like to see some rage on the touchline. Ferguson would have been puce and apoplectic last night at them decisions.

Unread 09-02-2022, 11:29 AM
jem

Quote:
and our most reliable goalscorer making himself unpickable doesn't £#%&!ing help
no one will care that west ham played their abuser "because he's our best defender" and scraped a 1-0 win to go above us, whereas we didn't play our alleged abused and haven't put away our chances in the last couple of games.

same as they don't care that we scored three goals, because refs favour united and everyone knows it.

Unread 09-02-2022, 11:34 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
And the corners. £#%&!ing hell the corners.
If it came out that the players were having a competition on who could deliver the worst corner, I'd believe it.

Unread 09-02-2022, 12:32 PM
dunk

Unread 09-02-2022, 12:34 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
It's progress. The team looks like they've been coached properly. We now start well, but run out of steam which is to be expected given the change in demands that have been made on the players.

Ralf is working with the shambles he was given, and doing well imo. Especially given his lack of experience at big clubs.

Like his no bullshit approach. Like him calling out the refs as well.

Would like to see some rage on the touchline. Ferguson would have been puce and apoplectic last night at them decisions.
Tbf, Big Ralf was going properly mental after that own goal was disallowed. Still not seen them back but believe it was very £#%&!ing soft.

Unread 09-02-2022, 12:37 PM
Ronny

It is someone who can distribute the ball forward from mid field we are crying out for, only Pogba can do this at all and is wildly inconsistent at best.

Unread 09-02-2022, 12:38 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Tbf, Big Ralf was going properly mental after that own goal was disallowed. Still not seen them back but believe it was very £#%&!ing soft.
There was no way the Burnley lad that Maguire blocked was getting back and stopping Varane either.

Unread 09-02-2022, 12:40 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
By the law of VAR they were both rightly ruled out...

Unread 09-02-2022, 12:42 PM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
By the law of VAR they were both rightly ruled out...
Who ruled the 2nd goal out?

I didn't see the lino put his flag up and i didn't hear the whistle

Unread 09-02-2022, 12:43 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
https://twitter.com/robdawsonespn/st...958537221?s=21

The midfield can either protect the defence, ish, or help the attack, ish, they can’t do either well and can’t do both at once.
That has clearly been the issue since, amd including lvg

Unread 09-02-2022, 12:44 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
Who ruled the 2nd goal out?

I didn't see the lino put his flag up and i didn't hear the whistle
Yeah he flagged very late.

Unread 09-02-2022, 12:45 PM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Yeah he flagged very late.
Did it even go to var? I literally had no idea what happened.

Unread 09-02-2022, 12:45 PM
jem

wait... what? mtominay and pogba isn't midfield? who knew?