Dr Stranger

Football Motd: 19/02/23

Is about to come on.

Unread 19-02-2023, 11:33 PM
armchair

First up!

Unread 19-02-2023, 11:57 PM
Dr Stranger

Maddison interview afterwards saying that the missed chances and first goal ‘broke them’

1-0 down. Broken. That’s what we’re doing to teams now at home. Recent years has been littered with teams who never £#%&!ing win just filling their boots: knowing we’re there for the taking. All change now. Leicester knew they had to score when they were on top or they were £#%&!ed.

Unread 20-02-2023, 12:00 AM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Maddison interview afterwards saying that the missed chances and first goal ‘broke them’

1-0 down. Broken. That’s what we’re doing to teams now at home. Recent years has been littered with teams who never £#%&!ing win just filling their boots: knowing we’re there for the taking. All change now. Leicester knew they had to score when they were on top or they were £#%&!ed.
I thought the post match interviews were good - no whining about decisions, just an honest appraisal of things. Especially ETH

Unread 20-02-2023, 12:05 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
I thought the post match interviews were good - no whining about decisions, just an honest appraisal of things. Especially ETH
Didn’t stop MOTD going over the Sabitzer challenge in detail, of course.

Unread 20-02-2023, 12:08 AM
GBMUFC2020

Quote:
Didn’t stop MOTD going over the Sabitzer challenge in detail, of course.
Very poor challenge and Sablitzer knew it. Even without force it was high and at least a yellow

Unread 20-02-2023, 12:09 AM
atticusgrinch

Not being funny but we had our best player sent off and banned for 3 games for grabbing some albino's collar.

They can get to £#%&!.

Unread 20-02-2023, 12:11 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMUFC2020
Very poor challenge and Sablitzer knew it. Even without force it was high and at least a yellow
It was a yellow. You can see why he wasn’t sent off. It was high, but it was minimal and he pulls out at the last second. Clumsy and a booking. Simply not worthy of the coverage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Not being funny but we had our best player sent off and banned for 3 games for grabbing some albino's collar.

They can get to £#%&!.
That too.

Unread 20-02-2023, 12:38 AM
Sparky***

It was a let off. I was honestly shocked that the VAR didn’t send him off, given that they don’t need much encouragement to do it lately.

I think the only thing that saved Sabitzer was he pulled out of the tackle rather than followed through

Unread 20-02-2023, 12:45 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It was a let off. I was honestly shocked that the VAR didn’t send him off, given that they don’t need much encouragement to do it lately.

I think the only thing that saved Sabitzer was he pulled out of the tackle rather than followed through
That was key and I think why a yellow would have been right. The slow no made it look worse. Clumsy and COULD have been a red, but can completely see why it wasn’t.

VAR does seem to be intervening less with on field decisions, which is a good thing.

Unread 20-02-2023, 01:22 AM
History

Quote:
That was key and I think why a yellow would have been right. The slow no made it look worse. Clumsy and COULD have been a red, but can completely see why it wasn’t.

VAR does seem to be intervening less with on field decisions, which is a good thing.
No suprise the two scouse @#%&!s calling it cowardly and he meant it.

He was literally trying to flicking it on, player got the ball first and he pulled out. Yellow at absolute most. Defender made the most of it as expected but if it was the other way round. 1 Martinez doesn't even acknowledge it and 2 its not even a highlight
Closed Thread