Boring Dave

£#%&!ing 🐝. UTFR!!!!

Unread 24-10-2021, 12:32 AM
d_knight

Very nervous right now.
Seriously nervous

Unread 24-10-2021, 12:49 AM
tatty

If I was having a bet I’d be thinking 3 or 4-nil.

It’s one of those fixtures though where form isn’t everything so who knows.

Unread 24-10-2021, 02:55 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
If I was having a bet I’d be thinking 3 or 4-nil.

It’s one of those fixtures though where form isn’t everything so who knows.
You’d honestly expect Liverpool to turn us over to that degree at Old Trafford? (Yes I know re the shock in 2009 and 3-0 during the Moyes depression) United up against it and a hostile OT I just can’t see us not making a fist of it. All of the expectation is with Liverpool, they don’t tend to wear their very well against us.

Unread 24-10-2021, 04:46 AM
Denis Irwell

Pretty sure we’ll show up but…. Will it be enough?

Unread 24-10-2021, 05:45 AM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
You’d honestly expect Liverpool to turn us over to that degree at Old Trafford? (Yes I know re the shock in 2009 and 3-0 during the Moyes depression) United up against it and a hostile OT I just can’t see us not making a fist of it. All of the expectation is with Liverpool, they don’t tend to wear their very well against us.
I would not be surprised at all if they scored that many…in fact, going off the way both teams have been playing recently I’d be more surprised if we kept them to 1 or 2.

More than happy to be eating humble pie this evening though.

Unread 24-10-2021, 06:05 AM
My Name is Heath

Closer than you think

Can see 3-2 to the dippers

Depends if Maguire remembers to defend this week.

Ronaldo to score obviously

Unread 24-10-2021, 09:26 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
In years gone by in a game like this (if we were playing Arsenal in the early 2000s) Fergie would pack the midfield with workhorses and try and nullify Liverpool's attacking threat as much as possible. Make the game scrappy.He'd have sacrificed one of the forwards, probably Mason as he's the youngest.

I fully expect us to go into that game tomorrow with the same starting 11 as we saw against Atalanta and we'll be pulled apart like like Lego. I'll be £#%&!ing shocked if Liverpool don't run in at least two goals.

I expect our lads will put in a big effort and play for the manager but there's no tactical flexibility or innovation there, it's all just put them out there and hope it clicks.
Yeah, agreed

This team knuckling down and making themselves tough to beat is not something they do.

If we’re to win, we need to outscore them. And if we make it like that, Liverpool will fancy themselves.

Let’s face it, this game is not up to us. Liverpool have a history of shitting out of this in recent years under Klopp. Every Liverpool fan I’ve spoken to this week is, at best, cautiously optimistic…. But if they turn up and play like they have been doing, they’ll beat us. Simple as that.

Unread 24-10-2021, 09:46 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Yeah, agreed

This team knuckling down and making themselves tough to beat is not something they do.

If we’re to win, we need to outscore them. And if we make it like that, Liverpool will fancy themselves.

Let’s face it, this game is not up to us. Liverpool have a history of shitting out of this in recent years under Klopp. Every Liverpool fan I’ve spoken to this week is, at best, cautiously optimistic…. But if they turn up and play like they have been doing, they’ll beat us. Simple as that.
Got it.

Unread 24-10-2021, 09:48 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Got it.

Unread 24-10-2021, 10:28 AM
est.1878

Quote:
Got it.

Unread 24-10-2021, 10:39 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Got it.
£#%&!ing hell

Unread 24-10-2021, 10:44 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Got it.

Unread 24-10-2021, 11:37 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Got it.

Sadly, I think this will be the high point of today. 👍

Unread 24-10-2021, 07:22 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Pretty sure we’ll show up but…. Will it be enough?
I was, too

Unread 24-10-2021, 10:49 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

Sadly, I think this will be the high point of today. 👍
It was 👍👍

Unread 24-10-2021, 11:38 PM
red in cumbria

Still haven't read the match thread in full, maybe I will feel able to face it tomorrow.

Unread 25-10-2021, 11:55 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I was, too
I know mate. When will we learn.

Ole isn’t the answer. I don’t think anyone is under these £#%&!ing owners but we should be doing better than this mess.
Closed Thread