Unread 25-02-2009, 09:22 AM
elephantstone

I thought O'Shea played well, he doesnt deserve the stick he gets

Unread 25-02-2009, 09:23 AM
Pete's Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
I thought O'Shea played well, he doesnt deserve the stick he gets
Couldn't agree more, in fact he was one of our better players last night.

Unread 25-02-2009, 09:27 AM
TheNew

After a ropey start where he gave the ball away, or knocked it out of play a bit much, big john was very good. I was very pleased with his performance last night.

Unread 25-02-2009, 09:29 AM
elephantstone

Hallelujah John O'Shea

Unread 25-02-2009, 09:43 AM
Part 36 Offer

O'Shea was superb.

Yet again I'm on the money.

Unread 25-02-2009, 09:44 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNew
After a ropey start where he gave the ball away, or knocked it out of play a bit much, big john was very good. I was very pleased with his performance last night.
spot on

Unread 25-02-2009, 09:48 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Yet again I'm on the money.

Unread 25-02-2009, 09:48 AM
gigo

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNew

What he said.

Unread 25-02-2009, 09:55 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone

Unread 25-02-2009, 10:01 AM
The Return of JC

As usual, despite a complete absence of technical ability, O'Shea didn't let anybody down.

I thought the boys were magnificent last night. Despite the injuries, it was a performance of courage, maturity and control. Both collectively and individually (Evra, Rio, Evans, Carrick and Fletch in particular). Fergie has grown up so much in Europe. I genuinely believe he's better than he's ever been. I'm still waiting for José stroke of tactical genius . Once again, Fergie gets his set up and tactics spot on and once again there will be no mention of that in the press (he's tactically short, you see...)

We don't get bullied by more 'streetwise' teams anymore. We are the streetwise team these days. We ooze pedigree and experience and it was a very disciplined display.

There was just one thing missing.....

But I'm very confident we will finish off the job. More often than not you will have to win the home leg to go through. Our goal is simple and I expect us to do it.

Big thumbs up to everyone last night. Now, finish the job, boys.

Unread 25-02-2009, 10:23 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
As usual, despite a complete absence of technical ability, O'Shea didn't let anybody down.
I thought the boys were magnificent last night. Despite the injuries, it was a performance of courage, maturity and control. Both collectively and individually (Evra, Rio, Evans, Carrick and Fletch in particular). Fergie has grown up so much in Europe. I genuinely believe he's better than he's ever been. I'm still waiting for José stroke of tactical genius . Once again, Fergie gets his set up and tactics spot on and once again there will be no mention of that in the press (he's tactically short, you see...)

We don't get bullied by more 'streetwise' teams anymore. We are the streetwise team these days. We ooze pedigree and experience and it was a very disciplined display.

There was just one thing missing.....

But I'm very confident we will finish off the job. More often than not you will have to win the home leg to go through. Our goal is simple and I expect us to do it.

Big thumbs up to everyone last night. Now, finish the job, boys.
You cannot play for Manchester United with 'a complete absence' of technique.

Unread 25-02-2009, 10:26 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
You cannot play for Manchester United with 'a complete absence' of technique.

It was tongue-in-cheek.

I've defended O'Shea numerous times on here.

Unread 25-02-2009, 10:26 AM
Ginners

Thumbs up

he done ok but he still looks a liability, wrecklessly going into tackles. fell asleep to allow zlatan through, yes hes a good emergency player but he will never, ever, be a 1st choice.

Unread 25-02-2009, 10:27 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

I thought Zlatan was dangerous when he went over to play off O'Shea.

Unread 25-02-2009, 10:28 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
he done ok but he still looks a liability, wrecklessly going into tackles. fell asleep to allow zlatan through, yes hes a good emergency player but he will never, ever, be a 1st choice.
No one is saying that.

His tackling was superb last night. Zlatan was very poor imo.

Unread 25-02-2009, 10:28 AM
forzagarza

1-1 in the home leg and we're through

Unread 25-02-2009, 10:30 AM
Ginners

Quote:
No one is saying that.

His tackling was superb last night. Zlatan was very poor imo.
zlatan was poor. wouldnt say his tackling was superb, there were a couple of times he could have got booked for dangerous tackles but the ref was on our side last night thank god. its good hes at the club but if he played week in week out against sides like inter he would soon look mediocre
Closed Thread