United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-12-2019, 01:05 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
In your job, if you were in charge of a team who were producing ever more worse results year on year, you'd expect to have your job called into question, wouldn't you.

Since woodward took over in 2013, we've got progressively worse every single year. Since he took over we've finished

7th
4th
5th
6th
2nd
6th

And this season it'll probably be between 7th and 9th. One top three finish in seven years. That is absolutely dreadful.
I think we’ll get top 4. If we can get a little help in the window I’m confident.

Spurs and Chelsea are obviously the main challengers, but there’s only four points in it and both will drop a significant number of points between now and the end. The smaller clubs that are in and around will taper off due to their thin squads and speak it quietly, but I think Leicester are going to tailspin at some point. Maybe not enough to make up the difference, but they won’t be close to City, in second, by seasons end.

Or maybe it’s wishful thinking, who knows?

Unread 28-12-2019, 01:05 PM
AK14

20m on Haaland and Fraser on a free

That’ should be our attacking depth sorted for a few years leaving us with enough money to sort the midfield.

Instead Woodward will spend a load of money on the European/South American journeymen wanting to return from China after they implement the wage cap.

Unread 28-12-2019, 01:10 PM
utd99

Quote:
because they win loads of stuff, pay loads of money and there's a squad of fantastic players to play in?
Is that why Sancho chose to go to a second tier european club and become a 100m pound international player in the space of 2 1/2 years, while the best young prospect in English football is still handing out the half time oranges?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
When united were on top, would we expect a player to choose liverpool or city over us because they'd get more game time? Not a chance. We'd have scorned that players lack of ambition.
Not guaranteed game time, just proper, honest chances. Over the last decade City and Chelsea have been hoovering up the best young academy talent in the country with back handers to the parents. Prior to Lampard taking over and the transfer ban, how many of them got a proper chance?

If I were the parent, advisor or agent of a top young prospect, I’d be looking at what Solskjaer is doing and be well up for it. What’s 50, 100 grand here and there to be on the outer fringes of a team that’s winning versus the untold millions you can earn by actually becoming a top player at a giant club?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

That’ should be our attacking depth sorted for a few years leaving us with enough money to sort the midfield.
You can’t make players join you. I’m pretty sure the kid was offered a good deal; if he chooses to go elsewhere que sera sera. There are plenty of good players out there who’ll improve us.

Unread 28-12-2019, 01:34 PM
Ethers

Quote:
In your job, if you were in charge of a team who were producing ever more worse results year on year, you'd expect to have your job called into question, wouldn't you.

Since woodward took over in 2013, we've got progressively worse every single year. Since he took over we've finished

7th
4th
5th
6th
2nd
6th

And this season it'll probably be between 7th and 9th. One top three finish in seven years. That is absolutely dreadful.
You problem there is you’re claiming that league finish is the result he’s judged on, which clearly isn’t the case.

Unread 28-12-2019, 02:01 PM
Zorg

Quote:
because they win loads of stuff, pay loads of money and there's a squad of fantastic players to play in?
Plus blue ketchup.

Unread 28-12-2019, 02:25 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
You problem there is you’re claiming that league finish is the result he’s judged on, which clearly isn’t the case.
Those league finishes will start to have a big effect on our commercial revenue

Anyway if we were say as good as Liverpool have been the last couple of years we’d be making much more money

Can’t understand how the Glazers can continue to employ someone to run the club who’s wasted so much money
If I was the owner and only interested in money I’d have bombed him out of the club long ago

Anyway not arsed about Haaland as we need midfielders especially a deep lying controlling midfielder far more than a centre forward this window

Unread 28-12-2019, 02:26 PM
Jethro

Quote:

Instead Woodward will spend a load of money on the European/South American journeymen wanting to return from China after they implement the wage cap.
Transfers don't work at gun point my man.

Unread 28-12-2019, 02:32 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Anyway not arsed about Haaland as we need midfielders especially a deep lying controlling midfielder far more than a centre forward this window
This.

Should be buying Werner, Havertz, Sancho and a couple of midfielders.

None of these players will ever play for United. We'll end up with shite.

Unread 28-12-2019, 02:35 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Is that why Sancho chose to go to a second tier european club and become a 100m pound international player in the space of 2 1/2 years, while the best young prospect in English football is still handing out the half time oranges?

Not guaranteed game time, just proper, honest chances. Over the last decade City and Chelsea have been hoovering up the best young academy talent in the country with back handers to the parents. Prior to Lampard taking over and the transfer ban, how many of them got a proper chance?

If I were the parent, advisor or agent of a top young prospect, I’d be looking at what Solskjaer is doing and be well up for it. What’s 50, 100 grand here and there to be on the outer fringes of a team that’s winning versus the untold millions you can earn by actually becoming a top player at a giant club?

You can’t make players join you. I’m pretty sure the kid was offered a good deal; if he chooses to go elsewhere que sera sera. There are plenty of good players out there who’ll improve us.
So it’s confirmed we were in for him but he’s chosen to go else where?

Fair enough then. Shame.

It’s the type of transfer we should be looking at though.

Unread 28-12-2019, 03:28 PM
Buck

Is he the new Joao Felix?

Unread 28-12-2019, 03:45 PM
d_knight

But pure said it's anuzzer dun deel?

Unread 28-12-2019, 04:06 PM
utd99

Quote:
So it’s confirmed we were in for him but he’s chosen to go else where?

Fair enough then. Shame.

It’s the type of transfer we should be looking at though.
No, absolutely nothing is confirmed. At the moment it’s all tabloid speculation. However, it’s pretty widely accepted that Ole met with the kid and he didn’t deny it so presumably there was a pitch made. If he ends up going elsewhere it’s because he preferred them to us or he’s weak minded enough to allow his fat piranha of an agent to dictate. Either way, good luck...or not.

Unread 29-12-2019, 02:31 PM
Sparky***

Great decision by the lad if true

Unread 29-12-2019, 02:33 PM
utd99

Quote:
Agreed. Two years at the best selling club in the business.

Unread 29-12-2019, 02:33 PM
Switching Off

Unread 29-12-2019, 02:34 PM
armchair

yeah - good for him.

I wonder did Ole's career at United put him off

Unread 29-12-2019, 02:35 PM
Sparky***

And that, as they say, is that.

Unread 29-12-2019, 02:39 PM
Jethro

Would have been good but it's not the end of the world. No point in signing a potential slapped arse that doesn't want rotation/fight. Plus we have glaring gaps behind the strikers to be addressed.

Unread 29-12-2019, 02:39 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Apparently on his way to Dortmund
Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
No he isn't.

Unread 29-12-2019, 02:40 PM
Switching Off

Fjortoft tweeted it 3 minutes before Dortmund. Remember that next time hes claiming itk
Closed Thread