Unread 01-03-2020, 06:12 PM
Sparky***

He’s shit

Unread 01-03-2020, 06:32 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He’s shit
He's not, he's just not good enough for what we need. And that's a bigger problem. If he was outright shit, he'd be identified as weak link and binned off. Problem is, he's a player that reflects our current standard rather than where we want to be. He'll do just enough to get by.

He's the type like Lingard, Fellaini, Smalling who will do just enough to suggest they have some value, before finally letting us done again.

Bailly is a better bet, but he can't be trusted to stay fit

Unread 02-03-2020, 05:33 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
He's not, he's just not good enough for what we need. And that's a bigger problem. If he was outright shit, he'd be identified as weak link and binned off. Problem is, he's a player that reflects our current standard rather than where we want to be. He'll do just enough to get by.

He's the type like Lingard, Fellaini, Smalling who will do just enough to suggest they have some value, before finally letting us done again.

Nail... head

Unread 19-07-2020, 10:42 PM
Chris Quayd

We need to talk about this lad: he's £#%&!.

When the ball went out to their rw for the first goal you could see Giroud screaming for the ball. Despite having about 3 seconds to read the situation against a 6ft 4 carthorse Lindelof got beaten to the ball. Has neither the defensive instincts nor the aggression required to be a top centre back and never will. Not the sort of player you could trust to be a back-up because he's prone to a lack of confidence, BIN.

Unread 19-07-2020, 10:48 PM
JamesPolk

I'm still wondering why Mourinho wanted him.

Unread 19-07-2020, 10:49 PM
tatty

He’s an absolute @#%&!.

Unread 19-07-2020, 10:52 PM
Buck

Imagine an out of form Maguire.

Now imagine if an out of form Maguire is a separate player.

That's Lindelof.

Unread 19-07-2020, 11:02 PM
Sparky***

I can only imagine Michail Antonio is rubbing his hands together at the prospect of giving this absolute fairy a £#%&!ing beasting on wednesday.

Unread 19-07-2020, 11:23 PM
Stickman

has always been shite.

Unread 20-07-2020, 12:20 AM
Cream

We’ve had a worse run with centre backs than fergie did with keepers before and after schmeichel.

80 mil last summer. Still weak. Shame Bailly isn’t wired up right.

Unread 20-07-2020, 06:29 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

I stand by this.

Unread 20-07-2020, 06:34 AM
Patty_b

I'm sure he has some redeeming qualities as a centre back, but not sure what they are. He must have been doing something right for us to have the defensive record we have had, but a lot of goals we concede you can look at him and wonder what the £#%&! he was doing.

I'm sure one of the positives about the lad when we signed him was his ability on the ball. But I don't think I've seen one example where he has shown some real quality on the ball. He really needs to be replaced if we want to get anywhere next year. Europa League/Challenging for 4th is his peak imo.

Unread 20-07-2020, 06:38 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
I'm sure he has some redeeming qualities as a centre back, but not sure what they are. He must have been doing something right for us to have the defensive record we have had, but a lot of goals we concede you can look at him and wonder what the f*** he was doing.

I'm sure one of the positives about the lad when we signed him was his ability on the ball. But I don't think I've seen one example where he has shown some real quality on the ball. He really needs to be replaced if we want to get anywhere next year. Europa League/Challenging for 4th is his peak imo.
He's just ok. He's not a bad player, just not good enough for what we need.

Him, Bailly, Jones, Smalling.... there's not much between any of them, and for various reasons, none of them should be first choice.

Unread 20-07-2020, 08:48 AM
ScholesGingerSheen

Lindelof is soft, but Maguire is a dreadful defender as well, Leicester had our pants down on that deal, we need to sort out a scouting network that can find players like that Soyuncu that Leicester replaced Maguire with, rather than listening to papers blowing smoke up bang average English defenders.

Lindelof and Maguire both stride up the pitch like they're prime Beckenbauer or something, though to be fair Lindelof at least has the pace to get back when the ball he fires a foot wide of where he needed to is picked up by the opposition.

Swear to god you could CGI superimpose Smalling onto film of Maguire's play in an awful lot of games and all you'd think is '£#%&! me Smalling's playing like a clown and his legs have gone'

Unread 20-07-2020, 08:53 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
Lindelof is soft, but Maguire is a dreadful defender as well, Leicester had our pants down on that deal, we need to sort out a scouting network that can find players like that Soyuncu that Leicester replaced Maguire with, rather than listening to papers blowing smoke up bang average English defenders.

Lindelof and Maguire both stride up the pitch like they're prime Beckenbauer or something, though to be fair Lindelof at least has the pace to get back when the ball he fires a foot wide of where he needed to is picked up by the opposition.

Swear to god you could CGI superimpose Smalling onto film of Maguire's play in an awful lot of games and all you'd think is '£#%&! me Smalling's playing like a clown and his legs have gone'

Unread 20-07-2020, 08:58 AM
Red Santos

Apart from being a big girl's blouse i dont actually know what Lindelof is really good at.

Another mid table squad player. Get rid

Unread 20-07-2020, 09:00 AM
NedKelly

Think we all wanted him to succeed because Mou bought him and looked like he’d done a number on him. Turns out Mourinho was right and he is a big wimp.

Unread 20-07-2020, 09:02 AM
windy waffles

He was bad yesterday but Maguire was horrific. Worst performance yet for us.

Unread 20-07-2020, 09:10 AM
ZiggyStardust

He’s a complete wet lettuce of a defender
Not great when you have two in your defence and the other being the goalkeeper

He’ll be fine for now as a squad player as he’s Ok against most teams but we need a powerful quick athletic defender who’s happy to defend one v one to play alongside Maguire

Unread 20-07-2020, 09:21 AM
dunk

Upamecano or Konate at RB Leipzig would do the job of covering all Maguire's flaws.

He'll start the season at City, Arsenal or Chelsea I'd imagine
Closed Thread