United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-03-2018, 11:00 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I think Louis handled him very poorly tbh and after that a move away was probably the best option for all concerned.

Shame though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
he hits a moving ball in a similar way ronaldo hits a freekick. that and trickery on the ball got him to United but he wasn't developed in any way after that.
Yep. Was all a bit odd considering he’d worked with him before. Deserv d more of a chance.

Unread 18-03-2018, 11:03 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Yep. Was all a bit odd considering he’d worked with him before. Deserv d more of a chance.
He seemed to have bulked up quite a bit during the summer that we signed him and looked like he’d lost the ability to beat a defender? And I think LVG saw him as a striker more than a winger when he first arrived, which was never going to work out tbh

Had the potential but I don’t think it was the right time for him tbh and iirc correctly we signed him a summer early after Liverpool were sniffing, or those were the rumours

Unread 18-03-2018, 11:06 PM
dunk

Dippers and PSG I think. PSG nearly had the deal done and PSG informed us and we bit..

Unread 18-03-2018, 11:11 PM
Tiberian

Depay, then 6 months later Martial who both like to play from the left hand side. Rashford coming through as well just created a log jam for that position and the latter 2 did look to have the greater potential. Nice to see Mou replicate that problem with the Sanchez signing.

Unread 18-03-2018, 11:13 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Depay, then 6 months later Martial who both like to play from the left hand side. Rashford coming through as well just created a log jam for that position and the latter 2 did look to have the greater potential. Nice to see Mou replicate that problem with the Sanchez signing.
Tbf to Mou, managed replicate 2 problems at once and add in the player on the wane on a massive contract too.

Unread 18-03-2018, 11:21 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
He seemed to have bulked up quite a bit during the summer that we signed him and looked like he’d lost the ability to beat a defender? And I think LVG saw him as a striker more than a winger when he first arrived, which was never going to work out tbh

Had the potential but I don’t think it was the right time for him tbh and iirc correctly we signed him a summer early after Liverpool were sniffing, or those were the rumours
Yep. Was trying him out as a second striker during pre season. I think he feels it's a role he can do as it makes him less predictable.

I think the lad's temperament is a little too precious for the highest level. The talent was worth a punt though.

Unread 19-03-2018, 01:12 AM
Clarkie

LvG always gave chances to players, regardless of how bad we think they are, he always gave them chances!

When he ran out of patience with Depay, that was it for me.
It might have been a £#%&!ing boring sack of shit on the pitch but, he's a football man

Unread 02-04-2018, 10:22 AM
Bunker Buster

Another MOTM performance and a Brace for man like Memphis yesterday...

Added to his one for the Dutch midweek...

Unread 02-04-2018, 10:28 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

https://twitter.com/goal/status/980558113551007744
I bloody knew he (Bunks) would

Still strongly linked with Milan. Dutch tradition to uphold at that club

Unread 02-04-2018, 10:29 AM
Coracao

He was shite tbf. Would be surprised if he manages to succeed in one of the better leagues.

Unread 02-04-2018, 03:28 PM
red in cumbria

Christ, are people still bigging up this classic "hype over substance" fraud? At least di Maria managed it in a proper league (briefly)

Unread 02-04-2018, 04:08 PM
AK14

No question about his ability that’s for sure, it’s his mentality which seemed his biggest problem. He was a young kid and the move probably came a season or two earlier than it should have?

LVG mismanagement played a huge part in it too and by the time Mou came he was finished at the club and needed a move away tbh

Unread 02-04-2018, 04:12 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

https://twitter.com/goal/status/980558113551007744
Wow. Against relegation candidates Toulouse, no less! Who've won 3 games since October.

Well if that doesn't make whatever point this stupid thread is trying to make then I don't know what will.

Unread 02-04-2018, 04:20 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Wow. Against relegation candidates Toulouse, no less! Who've won 3 games since October.

Well if that doesn't make whatever point this stupid thread is trying to make then I don't know what will.
You miss him too ?

Unread 02-04-2018, 04:22 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
You miss him too ?
Bit boring this don't you think mate?

Unread 02-04-2018, 04:35 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Yeah, god forbid anything boring gets posted on here tbf

Unread 02-04-2018, 04:47 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Nope.....

Ex red with a buy back clause ripping it up at club and country level

I’ll keep an eye on him...

Unread 02-04-2018, 04:48 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Yeah, god forbid anything boring gets posted on here tbf
You called?

Unread 02-04-2018, 04:48 PM
believe

Quote:
the irony

Unread 02-04-2018, 06:11 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Not boring enough to prevent you looking up Toulouse's results since October tbf.
Closed Thread