United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
Closed Thread

Unread 30-10-2007, 08:46 AM
shyteds

Default Are you a hypocritical catholic?

Well?

Do you celebrate the 5th of November?

Why is the Guy burned when he was actually hung, drawn, and quartered.

Or was he?

Guy Fawkes escaped this fate - if escaped can be the correct term in the circumstances - as he jumped from the scaffold with the noose around his neck and died by hanging before being disemboweled.

Unread 30-10-2007, 08:47 AM
dontfeedthescousers

wtf?

Whatever

Yes You have to ruin everything... us Catholics feel guilty for enough things let alone enjoying fireworks on the 5th Nov.

</forzagarza>

No I'm not but I am a catholic hypocrite as in they are all c***s except Guy Fawkes.

Unread 30-10-2007, 08:49 AM
Billy Baroo

i'm just having a stab in the dark here but is the burning not symbolic of his attempt to blow up parliament?

it is indeed very strange that we celebrate what is essentially a terrorist plot and attempted attack on the government

Unread 30-10-2007, 08:49 AM
antonin jablonsky

I think the burning business is more about what the plotters ere trying to do to Parliament. As to Guido, he wasn't even very important, just being a footsoldier in the plot. Robert Catesby was yer main man and he along with some of the other top plotters died in a sort of Butch n' Sundance shootout in Staffordshire.

Unread 30-10-2007, 08:50 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
it is indeed very strange that we celebrate what is essentially a terrorist plot and attempted attack on the government
Isn't it a celebration of the foiling of said plot?

Unread 30-10-2007, 08:52 AM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Is it a celebration of the foiling of said plot?
i honestly don't know, it all seems a bit blurred if so. fireworkks are seen as a sign of celebration and would seem to symbolise a big f*** off explosion

i ignore it anyway, fireworks bore me senseless

Unread 30-10-2007, 08:54 AM
</forzagarza>

I find it odd that there's Guy Fawkes Street in Ordsall as if they're proud of him. I am obviously but I'm surprised at the council.

I personally beleive it should be a day of mourning and reflection and then perhaps a group stabbing of your local MP.

Unread 30-10-2007, 08:55 AM
shyteds

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I think the burning business is more about what the plotters ere trying to do to Parliament. As to Guido, he wasn't even very important, just being a footsoldier in the plot. Robert Catesby was yer main man and he along with some of the other top plotters died in a sort of Butch n' Sundance shootout in Staffordshire.

True mate, obviously more impact to get the igniters of the fuse and make an example of them so the public could see what happened to traitors.

Unread 30-10-2007, 08:57 AM
Scabs

In fairness, aren't all Catholics hypocrites?

No offence.

Unread 30-10-2007, 08:58 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabs

No offence.
No but their Church is.

Unread 30-10-2007, 09:00 AM
Billy Baroo

Quote:

No offence.
i am, in that i'm philosophically an atheist but may repent on my death bed just to cover all bases

Unread 30-10-2007, 09:08 AM
Zorg

Quote:

No offence.

Yep. Just like anyone else who never goes to church and then expects to get married in one 'for the photos' .

Unread 30-10-2007, 09:16 AM
rebelcountyred

don't have to be a catholic to be a hypocrite but it helps.

Unread 30-10-2007, 09:20 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
don't have to be a catholic to be a hypocrite but it helps.
Personally I don't see that Catholics are any more hypocritical than anyone else. The institution of the Catholic Church though, now that's a completely different matter.

Unread 30-10-2007, 09:22 AM
Mr_Ed

Aren't the fireworks a symbol of the explosions bearing in mind that Mr Fawkes put a shed load of gunpowder under the houses of parliament thus having the fire and the fireworks?

Unread 30-10-2007, 09:22 AM
</forzagarza>

All catholics are hypocrites. Any decent parent would not want to raise their daughter to be a complete and utter cum s*** and yet if you raise a girl as a catholic that is exactly what will happen and she will revel in it.

Unread 30-10-2007, 09:27 AM
shyteds

Unread 30-10-2007, 09:31 AM
Toilet sniffer V

All you anti-royalists are celebrating the foiling of an assassination plot against our royal family and parliament.
Closed Thread