United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > TV / Film / Books / Arts
Closed Thread

Unread 18-02-2021, 11:29 AM
Neo

Thumbs up

Finished season 2 of Pose this week. An eye-opening show, to say the least.

Never thought it would be my type of show, but ended up liking basically all of the characters. It does bittersweet really well.

Definitely won't be for everyone, but if you're open-minded and experimental enough, worth a watch IMO.

Unread 18-02-2021, 11:31 AM
dunk

Finally got round to season 6 of Schitts Creek, very good, dipped a bit in season 5, for me, but otherwise a brilliant show. Highly recommended.

Unread 18-02-2021, 11:16 PM
Baron

S3 of Cobra Kai

I honestly canít fathom how well theyíve done this, that witchcraft of nostalgia mixed with an incredibly well written sense of knowing & violence? Magnificent. Just dialled up to 11 & brilliant fun. I donít even know what to compare it to, thereís elements of Stranger Things with the nostalgia but itís all riffed off of one thing. Piss funny in parts, absurdly wholesome the next, even the social commentary is on the nose. If there are people who hate this they deserve a f***ing crane kick to the face & no mistake.

Unread 19-02-2021, 05:32 AM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueling Banjos
Started bingeing Justified from the beginning again last week. Wonderful tv.
Worth getting hold of the Elmore Leonard stuff .Fire in the Hold and Raylan .Differs from the TV series but defo worth a shot .

Elmore was a prince

Unread 20-02-2021, 10:46 PM
MUFC One Love

Finished ZeroZeroZero. Wasnt expecting it to end then, I presumed it had a couple more episodes at least. May be because I've watched with some gaps. Bit of a meh ending imo.

Unread 21-02-2021, 12:02 PM
Big Norm

Behind her Eyes. Missus wanted to binge watch this and as the dutiful husband I agreed though wasn't sure about it.

What starts as a bit of a psychological thriller goes ever more into the supernatural. If you can go with this shift it's a really enjoyable show with a couple of genuine wtf twists.

Unread 21-02-2021, 04:50 PM
rubbernecker

Rubicon

Owes a lot to films like Three Days of the Condor and more recently you can see elements of it in Mr Robot .Worth a watch if you like a conspiracy thriller

The Time Is Right to Rediscover Rubicon

https://www.vulture.com/2019/07/rubi...mendation.html

Unread 21-02-2021, 10:30 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Egu8fDL3cw0&ab

Rubicon

Owes a lot to films like Three Days of the Condor and more recently you can see elements of it in Mr Robot .Worth a watch if you like a conspiracy thriller

The Time Is Right to Rediscover Rubicon

https://www.vulture.com/2019/07/rubi...mendation.html
Looks right up my street that, nice one.

Unread 24-02-2021, 11:57 PM
MUFC One Love

Behind Her Eyes - finished it. Enjoyable and

Unread 25-02-2021, 10:12 AM
Neo

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Finished ZeroZeroZero. Wasnt expecting it to end then, I presumed it had a couple more episodes at least. May be because I've watched with some gaps. Bit of a meh ending imo.
Finished it this week. Thought it was very well made in terms of the sets, cinematography etc. Some of the shots of Calabria were incredible.

Nowhere near as gripping as Gomorrah in terms of the character arcs, plot twists, betrayals etc. but it was still very good.

Be interested if they do another season, as it was left open at the end to a whole range of new storylines.

Don Minu.

Spoiler:
click to showhide
Fair to assume at the end that Don Minu has had Stefano's wife killed, and then adopted his great grandson as his heir. Means he would have killed his son, grandson, and grandson's wife to keep hold of power.
click to showhide

Unread 25-02-2021, 11:29 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Finished it this week. Thought it was very well made in terms of the sets, cinematography etc. Some of the shots of Calabria were incredible.

Nowhere near as gripping as Gomorrah in terms of the character arcs, plot twists, betrayals etc. but it was still very good.

Be interested if they do another season, as it was left open at the end to a whole range of new storylines.

Don Minu.

Spoiler:
click to showhide
Fair to assume at the end that Don Minu has had Stefano's wife killed, and then adopted his great grandson as his heir. Means he would have killed his son, grandson, and grandson's wife to keep hold of power.
click to showhide
Not so sure. The meeting between Contreras and Lynwood was as gripping as anything in Gomorrah. My palms were soaked.

Been a year since I watched it and I'll probably give it another go soon. So glad it's a one and done series.

Unread 25-02-2021, 01:17 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Not so sure. The meeting between Contreras and Lynwood was as gripping as anything in Gomorrah. My palms were soaked.

Been a year since I watched it and I'll probably give it another go soon. So glad it's a one and done series.
Spoiler:
click to showhide
Personally I found that scene a bit cartoonish, with her walking past the bodies sprawled across the lawn, and then the 'decorated' furniture where she sits down with Manuel.

Not sure what to make of Manuel as a character either, tbh. The religion stuff seemed like a needless attempt at character depth, as did his storyline with the pregnant girl. Both never really went anywhere.
click to showhide

Entertaining, but not on the level of Gomorrah's best stuff by a long shot, IMO.

Unread 25-02-2021, 01:34 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Just finished defending Jacob (following cream's recommendation). Absolute shite. Only brightened up with jk Simon's brief appearances.
4 wooden defense attorneys out of 10

Unread 25-02-2021, 06:39 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Just finished defending Jacob (following cream's recommendation). Absolute shite. Only brightened up with jk Simon's brief appearances.
Poppyc**k.

And unless you mean jk Rowling, nobody knows who the f*** youíre referring to.

Good show.

And so is The Servant.

Unread 28-02-2021, 01:51 PM
Tronics

pilot episode of Superman & Lois is pretty decent tbh.

i highly recommend it although i'm anticipating it will go to shit soon

Unread 28-02-2021, 02:23 PM
Stone Monkey

Started House of Cards.

Brilliant TV

Unread 28-02-2021, 03:09 PM
flixton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Thought it was very good. Each to their own.

Unread 28-02-2021, 04:39 PM
Stone Monkey

Started House of Cards.

Brilliant TV

Unread 28-02-2021, 05:22 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Monkey
Started House of Cards.

Brilliant TV
Good show. Our kid is fuming that Spacey has been cancelled for what she sees as only mild noncery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flixton
Thought it was very good. Each to their own.
Mate.

Quote:
Started House of Cards.

Brilliant TV

Unread 28-02-2021, 07:14 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Started House of Cards.

Brilliant TV
You can say that again